Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Same Ol' Debate

I know this one was rattled around for ages last campaign, but I have just been well shocked. I have looked on NLOTN attendance stats and see that Billercay are 2nd placed with a higher average gate than the mighty YELLOWS. The shock came in the fact that they've managed to pull in an extra 24% average gate this year over last - whereas we have only got another 3%. I just can't beleive all the publicity from last year, and the success so far this year hasn't motivated Island Folk.<P>ONCE AGAIN - What can be done ?? Is it pricing alone thats keeping people away ?<BR>(More posters, local pub involvement etc etc)<P>There, thats that off my chest. Look forward to another lowly gate Saturday week.<P>SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

I read of an idea in a Harrow programme called 'bring a friend day' or something. What you did was get everybody to bring one extra person with them to a particular match, preferably someone who hadn't been to see the team play before. The idea was that at least some of them would become regulars, or at least semi-regular supporters. I've no idea if it worked or not, but I know through my own experience that a lot of people will go to a few extra games each season if you ask them along and show enthusiasm.

Something we have suggested to the powers that be on many a previous occassion is a 'Dad n Lad' ticket. Now I find out that West Ham are offering kids tickets for a pound a pop at certain games (you know, the smaller ones like Man U, Leeds, Liverpool - those sort of meetings)<p>If a Carling Premiership club can do it why can't a Ryman Premiership club do it ?

We run a Kids for a Quid scheme for about 5 or 6 matches a season, and it seems to be succesful.<p>We also have a "Junior Fleet" scheme whereby £10 membership gets you a bunch of goodies which includes half-price admission to all league matches and a couple of free tickets thrown in for Dad.<p>If you are interested, you can find details on the

Junior Fleet Page