Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

when its quiet, Dorking to the rescue!

Good spot TSF.

Doesn't sound very promising at all. Not sure whether to read 'we have promoted from within' as we can't get anyone else to take it!

Being one of life's pessimists, i've felt it likely for a while that it'll be back to visits to Coulsdon United and Chobham next season. Anyway, good luck to Gussy Senior.

Hope to see you at a game again soon, TSF!

I think Ray's comments say all that needs to be said at this time.

im not sure what he means by saying its time for a clean break a fresh start etc and then promote from within.

I felt it was a strange appointment in the first place to be honest.

Rays comments also have to be read with Daves comments.

What Dorking needs is an experienced central Surrey based CCL manager, given time to build up a squad of locally based young players mixed with some experienced hands down the spine. I wish Peter all the best, but if he wasnt the right alternative when we got relegated, or when Tony packed up he wont be the right one now.

Dorking cannot support 3 senior clubs, there arent the players , the coaches, the supporters or the sponsors to cut the pie 3 ways.

We need to let Bookham find their own way, get on at least talking terms with Wanderers, and make up our minds what relationship we have with Brockham Badgers and other youth football sides.

Otherwise we will be at best a yoyo team in the CCL and that will never attract enough money in sponsorship or gate money to keep the club alive.

It is a real shame again to see a club like Dorking in this position as they could be a big club.

Think it is right to have a local manager to get local players so when they go the players should stay.

Need to have players that want to play for the club and not manager.

I am sure they will back to winning ways very soon!

It is a real shame again to see a club like Dorking in this position as they could be a big club.

Think it is right to have a local manager to get local players so when they go the players should stay.

Need to have players that want to play for the club and not manager.

I am sure they will back to winning ways very soon!

I like the people at Dorking, nice genuine straight forward guys.But the problem in Football has always been money in recent years, or the lack of it in some cases.No such thing as a loyal player now in Combined Counties Premier for starters,paying something is important in fact crucial.Say I am a player,i need to train twice a week,play on Saturday,so hour getting to training,2 hours training,hour to get home, 4 x2= 8 hrs.Saturday 1 hr to get ground, got to be there 1 /1/2 hrs before game, match lasts same time, 1 hr to get home= 5 hrs.So thats 13 hrs total.Then there is cost of petrol going up and down Motorway.So lets say minimum wage which is is £6 x 13 = £78 plus petrol say £8 =£86.How many right minded people would subsidise our jobs to this extent.Only 1 club I know has got away with it year on year,Corinthian Casuals ,they do have a high turnover of players,but still attract decent players.The answer is not youth all at once,because it takes young players time to adapt.When the likes of Banstead,Epsom and Ewell, Dorking,were big clubs money was not an issue,and Bookham I believe played in a Park ground.Interesting to see John Hamsher,leave Merstham to join Dorking Wanderers as he was one of there better players,so have they got money I ask myself

maybe, maybe not.

wanderers do have money, a lot for a sussex div3 side.

Id rather see wanderers share at Meadowbank, maybe they accept sussex div 3 is about their level and that's where we blood the youth of Dorking

with a mutual reserve and youth set up with training based at Mickleham, have the soccer schools down there.

Both clubs energies and cash goes to improving Meadowbank and its facilities with Mickleham being maintained in its current state.

Like old times this innit? :discobanana:

Well - It is a NEW year.

I'm surprised we haven't been blamed for the current weather as well !

:coffee (2):

:Kick_Can_emoticon:

Good idea TSF.

We've been there before, and won !

:smilie_flagguk:

Edited by Big J R

Only 1 club I know has got away with it year on year,Corinthian Casuals ,they do have a high turnover of players,but still attract decent players.

Aside from the issue of whether C-C pay expenses or not, I did hear that there is a trip to Brazil at the end of the season due to the historical connections. Quite a nice incentive that most clubs can't compete with.

And yes, Wanderers are paying decent wonger. Coops is down there isn't he?

thats the point though JR, the money is floating about, straight down past the Mill pond and off to Westhumble.

Wanderers are picking up local sponsorship money and players who are happy to play in the area and its at DFCs expense.

DFC cant look down their noses at them and say its wasted money they are past it, Junior football irrelevant etc, etc.they wont train etc.

They get players like Cooper Hamshire/sher and Justin Skinner and ex league guys and the kids are flocking down there to train and join up.

There will be only one club playing senior football in Dorking in a few seasons. I hope its Dorking FC, but thats not how things seem to be heading.