Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

From all here at Chertsey Town we are looking forward to welcoming all supporters of WB a week on Sat (please feel free to leave your first team at home and bring the reserves!) We will be bankrupting the club by buying plenty of stock to keep you happy and the bar will open from 12pm

Thanks to everyone who sent support yesterday and it was nice to see some Badshot lea members even cheering us on. Despite yesterdays performance we are well aware just how much of a task it will be against the holders and clear favourites but we hope to give you a decent game

And finally thanks Kroons for making yesterday even better, it will make the League even more exciting!

I am assuming from your comment you would think that we at Badshot Lea would not want you to win but how wrong you are!!!!

As far as we are concerned you are flying the flag for the CCL and it shows the league in a good light if our member teams are doing well. When we were members of the Hellenic League Didcot Town won the Vase and it was excellent for the league.

Anyway should make our league game with you on the 2nd Feb interesting especially 4 days before the WB match!!!!

No danger of a colour clash this time we are well prepared and have purchased lots of new kit.

See you on the 2nd.

No probs and we enjoyed the game. Made better by the news at Egham.

Agree all to play for and our two matches should have some quality in it. We may have a couple of new signings to freshen things up by the time we play you.

Anyway look forward to the 2nd of Feb.

All have to go careful that NGU dont disappear off in the distance. If Egham play that way against everyone then our result will be put into perspective.

Anyway enough of this mutual backslapping lets lay into the northerners. Parking at Chertsey if £2 a car and £10 to tie up yer whippet.

Really? They've done well!! I wouldn't have thought a team that low down in status could enter the vase

your correct Wattsy, someones got their facts a little wrong. The vase is only for clubs at steps 5 & 6. The elite is only step is only step 7 at best, it may not even be classed as that

chertsey boy dont forget to stock up on pies and gravy and hotpot ................................................

thats for me and kroons , let the northerners starve

Make sure you get some cracking pies in. Wor Tommy does the best pies in the Northern League so we expect the same.

Tindale and Stanton are the suppliers. By appointment to the Vase holders.

And we don't intend to let go of it.

Really? They've done well!! I wouldn't have thought a team that low down in status could enter the vase

your correct Wattsy, someones got their facts a little wrong. The vase is only for clubs at steps 5 & 6. The elite is only step is only step 7 at best, it may not even be classed as that

Spy - where you getting your info from?

The Vase isn't restricted to teams at steps 5 and 6. There are loads of step 7 sides who enter it. You just need the right facilities such as floodlights. There have even been teams who aren't part of the National League System in it in the past. A team from Guernsey applied this season but were turned down.

The Surrey Elite hasn't got official step 7 status which can only be given by the FA but it feeds into a step 6 league so is step 7 in reality.

The man you need on here is "I Am Fisheye". A man steeped in Bay history who can tell you about the bad times as well as the good. He will liven things up. I have e-mailed him and he should need little persuasion !

Hi Rumphole, I remember Fisheye from last season on the Glossop NE board before the final, got the impression then that he's a real character. I followed the FA Vase last season starting with Chertsey in the 1st Qualifying Round at Oakwood and ending up at Wembley to see Whitley Bay beat my home-town club Glossop (see http://thefavase.blogspot.com/). I've been living in Chertsey since 1997 (also a long story) and get to see them quite often. Whitley Bay will undoubtedly provide a much sterner test than Plymouth Parkway; I'm sure you guys could quite comfortbaly survive at Step 4 should you so wish.

Looking forward to the game on 6th Feb! With your fans plus a bit more local interest we could get the biggest gate at Alwyns Lane for some time....

p.s. please leave Kerr and Chow at home... :signthankspin:

Spy - where you getting your info from?

The Vase isn't restricted to teams at steps 5 and 6. There are loads of step 7 sides who enter it. You just need the right facilities such as floodlights.

Indeed - looking back at season 08/09 (using the stats from the much lamented Tony K site) there were in total 512 entrants for the Vase - by my simple reckoning there were 31 clubs who could be classed as STEP07 genuine or t'otherwise.

There were, amongst others, three from SUSSEX Div Three - as I mentioned in my example - as well as 8 from the Central Midlands and 5 from the Leics Senior League.

Not sure that you could cope if all our regulars started posting. We tend to get more for our midweek friendlies than turned up for yesterday's Vase game.

What time does the clubhouse open ? And will they have enough bubbly for our post match celebrations ?!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumphole dear chap drop the sommerlier at the Olde Swan a line and he will make sure his cellar is well stocked just for you.

Not sure that you could cope if all our regulars started posting. We tend to get more for our midweek friendlies than turned up for yesterday's Vase game.

What time does the clubhouse open ? And will they have enough bubbly for our post match celebrations ?!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumphole dear chap drop the sommerlier at the Olde Swan a line and he will make sure his cellar is well stocked just for you.

Welcome to the C.C.L. Forum NORTHUMBRIAN,I,m sure Chertsey could oblige the Whitley Bay faithful with their drinking needs,keep the money within Clubs is my motto.Not give it to local Hostelries,unless of course they are Club sponsors.

Welcome to the C.C.L. Forum NORTHUMBRIAN,I,m sure Chertsey could oblige the Whitley Bay faithful with their drinking needs,keep the money within Clubs is my motto.Not give it to local Hostelries,unless of course they are Club sponsors.

Thanks for that can I order a nice bottle of Rioja for starters and a Pinot Noir for Rumphole (He may require a case !). A Camel Valley Pinot Noir blanc de noir would be nice to celebrate victory, back on the dog if we get beat !

More importantley what time does the bar open. Thirsty Bay fans have a habit of arriving very early.

Thanks for that can I order a nice bottle of Rioja for starters and a Pinot Noir for Rumphole (He may require a case !). A Camel Valley Pinot Noir blanc de noir would be nice to celebrate victory, back on the dog if we get beat !

More importantley what time does the bar open. Thirsty Bay fans have a habit of arriving very early.

Prefer Camel Valley Cornwall Brut a good english "champagne" , their Bacchus is nice too though. Been to the Vineyard , very nice owners near Bodmin

Bet you didnt know that English monks invented Champagne 50 years before the French - Oh how i laughed as I read this infront of French inlaws bartshocked.gif

Look out the Northeners are beginning to appear. You know what it is like welcome 1 in and they bring the whole fecking family. And wine drinkers to boot. What is this world coming too ?