Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congratulations from a Vale fan

Well done for progressing to the next round. Every good team manages a win at Wigan. Stoke City lost 6-1 there...lol.<p>When I was watching the draw, I kept thinking "Please, not Canvey, please, not Canvey" and we got Cardiff away !<p>BTW, at the Vale v Aylesbury match on Saturday, when you took the lead at Wigan, they flashed up the score on our scoreboard at Vale - it was met with a resounding cheer. Not because we dislike Wigan, but because we like Canvey. They normally only bother to do that with the score at Stoke's matches when they are losing.<p>Anyway, best of luck in the next round. If we beat the boyos, I still won't want us to play you next. You're too dangerous!

Nice one Rob.

Port Vale fans are always remembered at Canvey as true football supporters. Very fond memories of visiting Burslem, yes the result was good for us, but it was the reception we recieved from you people that made the night.

Sincerely hope you beat the Taffs.

Were the Wigan fans as bitter and twisted after you beat them?

I also enjoyed the home tie against Vale. It was something I shall remember for years to come. I was getting really annoyed towards the first 4 minutes. And then suddenly we turned the game over. I'm sure it wasn't such a good game for you, but the atmosphere was amazing. I didn't manage to get to the away tie as I had school, that really pi*sed me off. Good luck at cardiff, I hope we get you in the 3rd round. tongue.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

Wahey!! Done it again!<p>I can't say I'm at all surprised that you won - I expected it.<p>If Canvey aren't the best non-league side there is (including conference) then I can't think who is.<p>Who do you reckon you'll play in the final - Man Utd maybe? wink.gif" border="0

During the BBC coverage, Messrs Lawrenson and Hansen were not too complimentary towards Canvey, although I obviously wanted you win it was extra pleasing to see the condescending smiles wiped off their smug faces! I think Burnley will have much preferred anybody else but yourselves in the third round!! Well done from everyone at Dorking FC.