Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signings

Gravesend land trio

-------------------

Gravesend and Northfleet boss Andy Ford has continued his squad strengthening with a triple transfer swoop.

Ford has signed former Leyton Orient central defender Lee Shearer, ex-QPR youngster Pat Gradley and attacking midfielder Andy Drury.

Drury has agreed a two-year contract after joining the Nationwide Conference club from Sittingbourne for an undisclosed fee.

Shearer, 25, has previous Conference experience with Dover and Margate, while 20-year-old Gradley, a defensive midfielder, was released from Loftus Road at the end of last season.

Reference: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/3071389.stm

But to add insult to injury Margate appear to have signed Patmore:

Margate pip Rovers for Patmore

------------------------------

Margate have beaten Nationwide Conference rivals Forest Green Rovers to the signing of Woking striker Warren Patmore.

Patmore looked set to join his former Yeovil Town boss Colin Addison at Forest Green after asking to leave Woking.

But the 31-year-old former Rushden and Diamonds has instead opted to join Margate.

"The whole place is buzzing at the moment," boss Chris Kinnear told his club's website.

"With the signing of Warren, and hopefully another couple of players I am talking to, this should give us a very competitive squad."

Forest Green have also missed out on a move for Gloucester City striker Jimmy Cox.

Cox had been offered a 12-month deal at The Lawn but has instead signed a new two-year contract with Gloucester.

Addison may now turn his attention to Chester City's Steve Brodie, while Northwich Victoira defender Denny Ingram is also a target.

Reference:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/margate/3071497.stm

Quote:
"The whole place is buzzing at the moment," boss Chris Kinnear told his club's website.

Heh heh. You have to hand it to Kinnear, he's a born politician. OK, you've signed Patmore and Stadhart - but it's hardly Beckham and Ronaldo, is it Chris...? Patmore's decent enough, I suppose, but to get the whole place "buzzing"...? Come on!

Quote:
Heh heh. You have to hand it to Kinnear, he's a born politician. OK, you've signed Patmore and Stadhart - but it's hardly Beckham and Ronaldo, is it Chris...? Patmore's decent enough, I suppose, but to get the whole place "buzzing"...? Come on!

I am sorry but at the moment Patmore and Stadhardt look a decent forward line to me next to Budge and Evans....

I hope Andy can give us some positive news of our forward line soon..