Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St. Albans City to be wound Up

Agreed, a tragedy. No-one ever likes to see a club go under, and we can probably sympathise more than most.<p>Is there any chance of the club continuing, as St Albans 2002 or something?<p>If not, maybe the supporters could do an ETFC?<p>One fears that another homeless Ryman Premier club might want to move in to Clarence Park!

Nah, they wouldn't be allowed to build houses there.<p>Seriously though, I take it that this means there is no club in any shape or form, and therefore they are scrubbed fromt he league for the season. Or, if there is the financial support available, can they carry on with a short-term groundshare, similar to EFC?

It's a great pity. <p>Is St. Albans City Football Club an asset of SACFC Ltd., which is the company being wound up? This often seems to be the way football clubs are organised. If this is the case, the liquidator will sell the football club if he thinks he can get any money for the creditors for it. In this case, the club might even be able to carry on. Does anyone know such details?

I remember the feeling when Aldershot went bust - awful. I just hope for the sake of the fans that something can be sorted out.<p>Ironically, we were due to be playing at Clarence Park tomorrow- what chance that game going ahead?<p>I guess if SAFC do go under - that means that they count as the 1 relegated side this year which effectively makes the league meaningless for most sides in the division.

Hi,<p>A sad day.<p>The following is the complete text of a letter sent by J. Berman, Supervisor, of Berley and Co, Chartered Accountants to all Creditors of SACFC Ltd. The letter is dated November 9th, 2001, last Friday, but was not received until Wednesday, November 14th:<p>-------------<p>“ SACFC LTD. CVA – CERTIFICATE OF NON COMPLIANCE.<p>I refer to my letter of October 16th.

Subsequent to the implementation of this arrangement, the Directors of this company have advised me that they have met with an unprecedented level of abuse and criticism from supporters of the football club.

As a result the funds available for the implementation of the arrangement have been withdrawn. Accordingly, modification number xiv of the Chairman’s report has not been complied with and the arrangement is therefore terminated.

I have issued instructions for a petition to be presented for the compulsory winding up of the company.<p>You will not receive any further communication from this office.<p>Yours faithfully<p>J. Berman, Supervisor. “

--------------------<p>Regards,<p>Admin