Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's game

Not too bad a performance, but why was Shearer playing up front for most of the second half? Perhaps Andy is going to save the money and play Shearer there! Come on Andy this is LEE Shearer, not ALAN!!! Otherwise a good game, got a decent look at some of the new boys. Drury stood out for me. By the way, who was the number 30 as I didn't hear an announcement on substitutions.

A quite promising performance,to be honest we couldn't really expect a win!Some good passing football(as previously stated),even Tos was knocking it about!Not a single run from him! I thought that Scott Goodwin(i think his name was)looked quite lively,Macca played well(as ever)and was good to see Drury score!

Thought Bent did well in the first half - set Drury up well for the goal, which he took really well.

No-one let themselves down tonight and I think the Millwall management must have been pleased with the workout they got - the Millwall performance certainly became more fluent as the game wore on - the lack of match practice was very evident early on.

Was glad to see Matt Lee get up after that (to be generous) very committed challenge on him. I was expecting to see him carried off & be out for a few weeks, but he must have just avoided the worst of the tackle.

As for Shearer, I thought he looked good all round the pitch - easy to criticise trying him up front, but it may yet be needed in the short term. Lets not forget that we have had players in the past who have done both Central defence, and up front (Peter Osborne being a prime example, and more recently, Craig Wilkins did equally well in both roles)

Dont know who the 30 was either - he looked really good at times - that excellent tackle in our box, which drew applause from all round the ground , being his best moment, but he got caught a couple of times with the attacker goal side of him.

Still, overall a positive night - the squad we have already should survive again this season, and perhaps, with one or two finishing touches, do better than that.

Always difficult to guage how good the squad/team is in pre season friendlies. Drury will be a class act, good signing that one..One things for certain, we cannot stay in this league with this current forward line...Lee Shearer up front, lets get serious and fast.

Now for the serious stuff, and i hope i put this as it sounds:

What was this press release on the newspage. It was a biased piece of propoganda from the club. How much of Hatch's fee was sent over to Herne Bay, lets have the real details not what Liam Hatch supposedly did last weekend.

From the newspage.

"Our initial reaction was to decline the approach from Barnet, however Liam is ambitious and we felt right to reconsider this offer" -

This really says lets take the money. We have no intention of turning down the bid and Barnet are a more ambitious club then us despite what we tell you at the Supporters meeting.

In response to losing Hatch.

Ford - "Luckily, i have made some valuable signings recently. We have a number of talented youngsters eager to prove themselves"..

Lucky, do me a favour whats lucky about losing Hatch because you have recently got a few defenders and midielders on board. Looks like PASE players may get a run out this year then.

Andy Ford - "We have taken him as far as we can (Hatch).

Taken him as far as we can...The lad is only 21 for gods sake and hasnt played a full season for Gravesend and Northfleet. If we have taken the lad as far as we can at 21 then the man management skills at this club and the coaching staff need to be looked at seriously.

If he has such a bad attitude then im shocked that the player with the worst attitude going should be the only player to turn upto the Supporters trust meeting.

This press release stinks and im really disappointed with what ive read here. And no, ive not had any booze. mad.gif I always like Jessica's opinion...U think im right Jessica with what i write, am i wasting any investment that i make in this club?

Talking of investments, the talk on the terrace is of total mis-management and abuse of club funds ie. privileged guests getting lagged up on our money, freeby weekends and free entry to home games. Any directors cast any light on this? People do not want to join or contribute to the Trust if their money is being spent on guests' entertainment and not the players' fees and wages. Also, what about the alleged 'gate fixing'? This is public (our)money so lets make it public.

Two points:

1. Lee Turner only came on for the second half. He was working late. He picked the ball out the net twice, and made one block with his legs. The guy in goal for the first half was the one who impressed but he's far too short to be a keeper!

2. Matt, I could have written that myself. Are we the only ones who think it stinks? When you have 1 recognised striker 3 weeks before the season starts, you don't go and sell him! Barnet have shown far more ambition than we ever will and reading the "press release" Andy has no one lined up.