Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

On an entirely non-football subject.....

Can I get a free pint John?

A fair part of this is my fault I guess. A lot of people were asking for the forum to become non registered, so I put the call out to the other moderators to see if anyone minded, it's here I screwed the pooch, so to speak.

You would think that having 4 moderators makes things easy to organise, but it doesn't. We all have to be around at the same time, agreeing together and generally all in the same mindset to get things done. This doesn't always happen, so people do things on their own. That's what I did.

I had asked everyone what they thought. The replies came back fairly even, so I made the decision to make things unmoderated, no one else, me. There's no one else to be pissed at, just me. Things had been fine, and I thought that changing the forum wouldn't affect anything. Pehaps I was wrong.

Today, I have got into a row with an anonymous user (although, not that anonymous), I've been angrier than I've ever been on this forum, but that's how it is.

In the last few days, we've seen more posts from new people than in months. Do we agree with what they have to say? God I hope not. Would we have more time for them if they would sign their name? definately. But difference of opinion is what the forums are all about, and opening the forums brings in more users, so it's something that perhaps we should grin and bear.

Lets get on to the things that matter, after all the doom and gloom (from others, no me lol) we have a team that might, JUST MIGHT make it past tomorrow (again, a pop at the naysayers, if you didn't get it).

But please, let's get back to the things that matter, and above all, let's support our club, players and manager, and trust that they want the same things that we do.

Finally, things were said earlier about my abuse of position with me changing an anonymous users post so as to suggest that he was calling himself a dip$hit. I shouldn't have done it. It was petty and childish. Sometimes I find myself far funnier than than I actually am.

There were unfounded accusations of this kinda thing before I came here, and that's why the decision was made to have more than one moderator. My changing a post lessened the job that others do here. So I am sorry, and it won't happen again (although I will still correct people's spelling where I feel fit to do so)

Sorry for the long post, but things needed clearing up, and whatever I said earlier on, I still think I'm damn funny, and that "Mr Anonymous" (you know who you are), is a dip$hit who don't know what he's talking about.

UP THE FLEET!!!!!