Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Senior Cup Final

Kel

what idiot has put us all in one end then? tut tut!

not clever!

There wont be room, so like many of us did at Roots Hall was to move into the stand next to it.

Much to the annoyance of the stewards that night :2fingers:

Thought some one would have the decentcey to open the stand along one of the sides, ah well....

Their problem on the night then!

I wonder if our Darts playing friends from Dagenham will be coming to support the Urchins in their home ground?

its ridiculous,not saying we will take as many as we did to roots hall but talk of the town is that we will take 500 plus,alot of people are coming out the woodwork for this one,and should some irritating plonker decide to jump all over me if colchester get a winner with a minute to go then i will not be responsible for my actions,or those around me.Saying that,i like colchester,nice ground,team etc but football is war lol.I think they think we are a pub team from essex

Has all the makings of a disaster.

Probably 1 turnstile open and everyone turning up at 7.30

Probably having consumed vast amounts of Alcohol.

I hope they have contingency plans in place if large numbers do turn up.

Perhaps somone should have a word.

The new Pondfield Road stand has a capacity of only 1200, and this is not sufficient. There were over 2000 at the previous cup final when Hornchurch played Gt Wakering.

It is also an insult to both clubs to only have a small area open behind one goal.

This needs to be taken up right away with both the Essex FA and with the host club. It is after all the county's premier cup competition.

If Dagenham cannot or will not ooen the main stand, then the match should be switched to Southend.

Gents (and ladies), I think you are getting a bit carried away with this. Firstly, the new stand behind the goal at our place holds

1,200 people, not 500 like someone has quoted.

Secondly, saying there was 2,000 at the final a couple of years ago is nonsense!! I am sure someone can give the official attendance

but I remember speaking to someone at the time, and they said the crowd was about 1,000 and that is someone normally known for

inflating these figures!!

So I would say that the crowd for this one would be aroun 600-700 most in all honesty. Colchester will have hardly anyone there as the

League Clubs treat this as a reserve competition (rightly or wrongly).

Am sure it will be a good night and a good game anyway. You will find the facilities in the new stand excellent (bar, food, plasma screens

etc) and so am sure you will all enjoy it. Shame we didn't win the semi as would have been good, although would not have been at Dagenham then I guess.

Official attendance for our previous ESC final was 1223. Assume that as attendances are down that it will be lower this time.

Just looking forward to a good game and seeing the new stand.

Edited by cup of tea

No one is taking into account the players.

It is their big day as well.

Playing in a stadium with 3 empty sides is not fair.

We should at least use the length of the main stand.

Is there any segregation planned?

Can't speak for the players, but I assure you as supporters it will be better in the stand you will be in. It is brand new, the facilities are

excellent, and the acoustics are good. It is a lot deeper than the stand along the side, so if you want to get groups of people sat together who make more noise, then this will be a better bet.

Segregation will surely not be an issue?? I would imagine there will be no more than 150 Colchester fans there (if that) and I am sure they will not be getting worked up enough over this game for it to be an issue.

Edited by UD161

They can go in the directors box and we will have a stand to ourselves.I would of thought we would of took between 400-600 but wouldn't be surprised if it was more or less,depends on whether last time was merely because it was our first final.would of thought colchester would bring down 2-300 no more than that though

Without any question, the stand at the Pondfield End only holds 1200 and is not suitable - there were over 2000 at the last ESC final at Southend (v Gt Wakering) - forget the official figure, remember instead the howls of laughter when they announced the official figure to a packed stand.

And, more importantly, a lot of people do not want to watch from behind the goal. Also important to remember that some people like to sit and watch the match, others prefer to stand.

The logical step is to open the main stand at the side of the ground as well as the stand at the Pondfield Road end.

Better still, move the match to a ground that can cope, like Southend. Is it the Essex FA who are at fault, or Dagenham & Redbridge?

there is nothing wrong with dagenhams ground.If anything it is more suited,especially as it is terraced and smaller.

I just think that the essex fa need to open either both ends or another side.

I must say that although the final was officially 1223,that stand held over 2'000 and wss full apart from one small section

would of said that there was at least 1600 in there

Presumably Essex FA will collect the gate money and distribute it as per any cup match, i.e. the gate is shared after deduction of costs such as payment for use of stadium/staff/stewards, players travelling expenses, prize monies (1500 for the winners, 1000 for the runners-up), hospitality, admin costs etc.

BB - I am not sure who makes the decisions on all this to be honest. I do know though that if one of the terraces, say behind the goal or along the far side, is open, then both need to be as it is one terrace which goes all the way round.

As I say, if people feel it is not right for a game like this and for the players, to play in front of just one stand then that is a valid point. I can't agree though that the stand will not be big enough for everyone, and would be utterly utterly amazed if the crowd is more than 1,000.