Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ben Abbey

Quote:
David Holden said:
Ben has now signed a one year contract!

Great....some good news
This guy may not be big, but he's a good striker.
may well vote for him to score 20.
However after what happened to Liam could be good to wait a while.

wow.gif wow.gif

Let's not get too carried away though. Maybe Ben Abbey will score plenty of goals for us - but that doesn't disguise the fact that we still only have two strikers, as mentioned before. More strength in depth is badly needed, and I'm sure Andy is aware of this.

We are not the only team looking for a striker. Does this sound/look familiar.

Quote:

Striking a balance

If Charlton boss Alan Curbishley is to be successful in his hunt for a 20-goal a season striker he will be finding a solution to a problem that has tormented the Addicks in the top flight for almost 50 years.

"I've had plenty of letters from fans and they're all talking about whether we are going to bring a forward in and the fact we didn't score enough goals last season," said Curbishley. "But if you look at our league record last year, we actually scored as many goals as the teams around us and above us, but let too many in.

He added: "I've tried to address that. I've brought someone in who is a bit steadier in midfield and another defender as well, but I've not given up hope of bringing in a forward either."

The last Charlton player to score 20-plus league goals in a top-flight campaign was Stuart Leary, whose tally of 21 league strikes helped the Addicks to finish 14th in the First Division in 1955/56.

Curbishley said: "I told the players before the Welling match that I'm still looking to bring one, if not two, players in.

"It's not going to be easy but now everyone's back in training it's easier to get hold of people and there's been a bit of a surge in the transfer market. We'll see what happens."

Even with all their money they are having trouble finding a striker.

I am sure Andy & the surviving players have learnt a lot from last season & we will do ok this season.

Mikef

chat.gif