Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-August 17 )

• Photo
    behindthegoal

• Photo
    theabbeyabbott

• Photo
    gerk

• Photo
    mafa1978

• Photo
    fatman

• Photo
    lower league

Photo

v Leyton Orient

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
2 replies to this topic

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
Found this on the other forum

very interesting.
brings back memories - havent viewed the u tube bit but remember andy papes save from their big centre half header, flipping the ball over the bar from a big header when going the wrong way -

msg as follows
Managed to find this absolute gem on You Tube showing Enfield v Leyton Orient in the FA Cup from 1989 at Southbury Road. It's the highlights from the Match of the Day show with John Motson commentating on our game, and a bit of full time analysis from Des Lynam and Jimmy Hill. However, very annoyingly, the person who uploaded the video neglected to show the Enfield goal by Paul Furlong - but you get to see a replay of the goal during the analysis. The highlights are biased towards Orient so I assume it was an Orient fan who uploaded it - but I'll message him to see if he can supply the full highlights.

How good does Southbury Road look!? And look how many fans there are! Who could imagine what would've happened to the club just a decade later.

Enjoy, and I accept your plaudits in advance for finding this amazing piece of nostalgia!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=S1-IuzIVWCk

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
20 years down the line Its still hard to believe all this has happened to Enfield FC phil. It just defies belief one man could cause all the problems that lay ahead , I remember the replays at Orient with Dave Howell's thumping header to make it 2-2 , We were 2-0 down quite early on . The second replay also at Orient saw us under the cosh but somehow managed to come away with a 1-0 win with Robin Lewis scoring with a shot from the edge of the box , All the Guys I used to go with all moved away to various parts of the country , but the memory of us all jumping out of our seats still Lingers on ,

offline Eric's here Again

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Scunthorpe United , Aston Villa, West Ham.
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
  • Fav. Sport(s): Rugby , Boxing , Athletics.
It would appear that the video has been removed from You Tube , What the hecks all that about ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus