Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey friendly

Do we know if Andy is still experimenting for this match or are we likely to see something resembling the first team for the Burton game? I know what friendlies are meant to be used for but there's only 2 to go before the start of the saeson and I'm just a bit concerned about a lack of continuity in the team.

Incidentally, the NLP says Justin Skinner was the only player on Saturday to have worn a Fleet shirt last season. This was written directly underneath a picture of Tostao!! Oh well.

As far as I recall the published report was as I wrote it in stating that Andy started the game with only one player who wore a Northfleet shirt last season - Justin Skinner. This statement is correct. Tostao did not come on to the field until after half time with a number of other playwers from last season's squad.

It's nice that John has taken an interest in the report - it's a shame he didn't understand it.

Quote: "Oh well".

No offence taken but I did think it was worth pointing out the wholesale changes - 12 out, ten in(SO FAR!) - that have gone on at Stonebridge Road. When people look at a 5-1 mauling they often don't realise the facts behind the scoreline. I defy any team on the planet to field virtually a brand new side - including unsigned trialists - against a team three divisions higher up the pyamid and get a better result.

As Andy said to me after them game he now has only two slots that he is undecided about.

Why not have some fun and work out who you think the nine players are that Andy has got in mind for a staring position on August 9th vs Burton.

I haven't got a clue apart from Steve McKimm.

I can't ever remember seeing a fleet side with so many unfamiliar faces. Unfortunatly, the last thing we can afford is a slow start to the season. We need to get some early points on the board. As for the starting line up ????

Turner, Lee, Trott, McKimm, Abbey.

With Skinner in the other fullback spot Andy may even prefer Shearer to Francis !!!!! Other than that not a clue.

He might prefer McClements to Lee as well.

I don't know which two you would start with up front from Abbey/Evans/Huggins and Pinnock or even if he will play two up front when he has about ten midfielders after four places...three if we assume Mckimm is a certainty.

Q. is it a good thing that there is competition for places or a bad thing that nobody is good enough to guarantee selection?

Quote:
Ronnie said:
I think the bad thing is that they don't know each other.
They may all prove good enough eventually but at the moment who knows!

Exactly my concern. I really feel we should view these next friendlies almost as dress rehearsals. Maybe not so much if most of the old crew are playing but with so many new faces on board & waiting in the wings, the chances are we'll field an unfamiliar side. However, they've obviously been training together so maybe they're closer to being a team than I & others realise.

On the subject of a Dartford friendly, I spoke to a Dart's supporter last week who told me that, allegedly, the Fleet insisted on being the home team (so!?) and would take all the gate money, bar takings etc. and give nothing to Dartford so they pulled the plug on it. Well that's his story so how much of it you want to believe is down to you. He's been known for talking more rubbish than me! Anyway, it's our ground.....

Burton line-up

4-4-2

Turner,Skinner, Shearer, Duku or Pennock (is he still there?) Trott, Hogg, McKimm, Strouts, Kwashi, Pinnock, Abbey. Possibly start with Rob Owen and bring Tosty on for the last 30 mins. McClements, Drury, Evans and the new keeper chappy to round off the bench, possibly use all outfield subs to keep the opposition (and us!) guessing.