Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

The Phoenix rises and lands in the borough

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
27 replies to this topic

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator
http://www.northlond...h Enfield (1893)

offline Pretty Vacant

Pretty Vacant
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

http://www.northlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=12576&headline=Brimsdown%20set%20to%20merge%20with%20Enfield%20(1893)

How bizarre, a merger to get back into the Borough. Brimsdown Rovers and Enfield 1893 FC presumably, there's a catchy name. Now for another tedious debate on who can claim the history of a once great club. Think you'll find it's not a Phoenix, but a parrot. And a very, very dead one at that.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Well that didn't take long did it Pretty boy , Just look at it this way , A bit of honest competition never hurt anybody . :492:

As far as a rename of the club goes , Enfield Rovers sounds good to me , Or maybe Enfield BRFC ,

" Please NO more "1893 Tag " :doh:

Edited by Son of Sam, 8 April 2010 - 03:48 PM.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Well that didn't take long did it Pretty boy , Just look at it this way , A bit of honest competition never hurt anybody . :492:

As far as a rename of the club goes , Enfield Rovers sounds good to me , Or maybe Enfield BRFC ,

The drunken ghosts of previous posters tell me that from Summer 2011 the club will be called Enfield & Brimsdown United.

offline Pretty Vacant

Pretty Vacant
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Sonny boy, why not, 18-93 is such a catchy name. Shame you've given up on being promoted this season though.

offline MK James

MK James

Sonny boy, why not, 18-93 is such a catchy name. Shame you've given up on being promoted this season though.

Goffs Lane still needs a lot of work and time and games are running out.

Good luck with your own promotion push PV .

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Nah never did appeal to me , But I like Town even less

offline townerboy

townerboy
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town
"The chairman also explained why he had resisted numerous offers of a merger from Enfield Town, the club who broke away from Enfield FC, but took up Brimsdown’s approach instead.

“I just didn’t feel it was the right thing for us to do,” he said. “I think this is a much better way for us to go forward"

i bet. get someone else to do all of the work on the ground. happy days indeed.
playing in brimsdown is bound to attract more fans than the centre of enfield town.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I believe it was the fan owned thing that he wanted nothing to do with Paul . I'm sure it wasn't anything personal .

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
If it wasn't so laughable ,it would be funny. :350:

UNBELIEVABLE seems to be the word..Are you happy with how your board has managed your club since they decided to keep it afloat against the will of the fans in 2001?? Liquidation/forming a new club/Refusing to talk about remerging the two sets of fans from the original club/Getting into bed with Broxbourne/Then merging with Brimo...I feel so sorry for you genuinely.Lazarou and then this current lot.!!!

A merge with brimo means your Board keep their little bit of individual power.It also means they can annoy and jump on the parade of our club.Doing whats best for the old club,its fans,or the future of top class football in Enfield is way down their list of priorities.

If your chairman didn't think he had enough in common with ETFC to even talk to them about better ralations and closer ties..How the hell is he planning on running a football ground and business with them??

Edited by lovely stuff, 8 April 2010 - 06:46 PM.

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Gooch ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
Yet another step along the road away from Enfield FC as the original club disappears further into the mists of history.

offline MK James

MK James

UNBELIEVABLE seems to be the word..Are you happy with how your board has managed your club since they decided to keep it afloat against the will of the fans in 2001?? Liquidation/forming a new club/Refusing to talk about remerging the two sets of fans from the original club/Getting into bed with Broxbourne/Then merging with Brimo...I feel so sorry for you genuinely.Lazarou and then this current lot.!!!

A merge with brimo means your Board keep their little bit of individual power.It also means they can annoy and jump on the parade of our club.Doing whats best for the old club,its fans,or the future of top class football in Enfield is way down their list of priorities.

If your chairman didn't think he had enough in common with ETFC to even talk to them about better ralations and closer ties..How the hell is he planning on running a football ground and business with them??

Don't be paranoid LS it'll all be fine. Hows the Queen Liz coming along, betcha' can't wait to move in?

offline MK James

MK James

Yet another step along the road away from Enfield FC as the original club disappears further into the mists of history.

That club died the day we moved out of Southbury Road Mr. B nothing is impossible but being the 'Kings of Non-League Football' once again is probably too big an ask for any Enfield club. I don't see 1893 as anything like the Enfield of old but that's ok.

How's the young lady who broke her leg at Newport Pagnell getting on btw?

offline SirGarfieldSober

SirGarfieldSober
  • Spectator

LS - get your facts straight before throwing your toys out of your pram.

as for "are you happy with the way the board have handled the club since 2001 -" - yes all attempts have been made and the powers have taken the opportunity presented to them. interesting that such proposals were not put to yourselves....i'll leave that to you to expand upon.

" .......against the will of the fans"......well your decision to walk away is your to make, whilst ours was to stay on board - get over it. - find a new record to play

as for the last part "If your chairman didn't think he had enough in common with ETFC to even talk to them" - those discussions took place. nothing doing - thats a bilateral decision. suggest you find out the correct info first.

as for Enfield Town - good luck in the next few weeks, sure the playoffs will be exciting. as for us looks like another year in the ESL, but at least the standard of footie has improved considerably this season. who ever goes up will no doubt do ok in the ryman (assuming miracles dont happen in the next 4 weeks),

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
The fact remains that your decision to stay 'onboard' and take on Lazarous crippling debts,meant that the newly formed supporters club in 2001 could not quickly revert back to EFC once he was out of the way.That the the plan!!..Most of us worked it out,but the stubbon few that didn't go along with the consensus, screwed up the long term future of an 'enfield football club' and the longterm prospects of top flight non-league football in borough.

Even your chairman calls the furure merged teams a 'NEW' club..1893 was techincally a new club as well..You have no idea what you team will be called over the next few years..What colours they will play in..what the badge will look like..Wether the ground you play on will be able to stage anything other than step 5 football once the stand/s have gone.

Your board since 2001 have failed to play a single home league game in the Enfield.Has gone into
liquidation.Have taken you from the Ryman prem to step 5 football.Won zero silverware.About to start and rename the club for the second time.

In the same time the EFC supporters formed club has played every home league game in Enfield.Gone from step 5 to Ryman Prem play-off place.Won 9 trophies.and will soon be playing 400 yards away from the old Southbury road ground.

And still there is not one discenting voice about the way your club has been constantly pulled about,exchanged and bartered with.

Edited by lovely stuff, 9 April 2010 - 02:46 PM.

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Steve did put the opportunity there for you LS !!! Did our board not want to groundshare the QE with you lot in the first instance ? The offer was(I believe) laid there right in front of your committee at the Initial meeting at st Ig's . But oh No you lot wanted it for yourselves on the football side ,Yes / No ? I dont think any considoration was given to the Rugby or Athletics clubs at that very same meeting either , Whereas our committee was happy to accomodade the multi sports option , Yes /No ?

It may have taken 2-3 years of sharing the QE maybe a little more who knows , But it would probably happened eventually . I would say that your voted in committee played a big hand in an opportunity lost here . Do you really believe Town can go much furthur as a fans owned trust ? One more promotion and thats it in all honestly and you'll probably struggle to get to mid table . Your club will have to change its set up at some stage , even you must know thats got to happen . All Steve wanted was time and you lot sadly never gave it any .

One more thing , Your" voted in committee "should have seen this coming , The signs were there . You need to get them to take their blinkers off . Or better still vote in a new committee ! :signthankspin:

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Its a bit rich telling us how far we can go with a supporters run club,when your businessman run club has faired a damn sight worst and has far less prospects of progressing.

The only good thing is that the team you'll be watching next year should win the ESL..Brimsdown have a decent side.Ricci Crace would fill his boots in the ESL.

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves

Its a bit rich telling us how far we can go with a supporters run club,when your businessman run club has faired a damn sight worst and has far less prospects of progressing.

No disrespects were meant LS . But in all honestly do you think a supporters owned club of ET's size can get to the conference ?

Again no disrespects but you are not AFC Wimbledon or FCU of Manchester . Any such venture must be funded by a comercial Investor .

As for us who knows what the answer is.

offline officialspokesman

officialspokesman
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: wife and 3 kids,brewery
  • Foes: artificial football club

The only good thing is that the team you'll be watching next year should win the ESL..Brimsdown have a decent side.Ricci Crace would fill his boots in the ESL.

I can remember Romford playing a FA Cup replay at Southbury Road in front of a full house, and over 1000 fans were locked out. The second replay was considered such an attraction they had to play it at Highbury. In those days Enfield and Romford were the clubs that set the standards for others to follow.
In later years Romford, like Enfield had financial problems and lost their ground, but when we reformed there was only ever going to be one Romford Football Club.
From an outsiders point of view both clubs seem to be doing everything possible to make themselves look foolish by having two clubs.

Edited by officialspokesman, 9 April 2010 - 05:30 PM.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Phoenix!!!??? Rosedale Estate 90612 was formed by some people who had bought a once famous club but it looks as though they failed to perfrom due dilligence in their purchase. they then liquidated that once great club and formed a new one whilst using the badge and histroy of the DEAD one. No phoenix...more like a lame...no sorry...dead duck!!! Well, we'll leave the graound as a step 5 ground...take OUR stands and see what happens as BRFC get swallowed up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus