Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SEASON TO FORGET

haynab66

NOW THE SEASON IS NEARLY OVER(IT PROBABLY WAS 3 MONTHS GO) AND WE SPENT THE ENTIRE SEASON ABOVE BILLERICAY AND NOW THEIR SAFE AND WE CAN STILL GO DOWN, AVELEY GOING FOR PROMOTION AND SO CAN HORNCHURCH AND NOT ONE GAME I CAN SAY I WILL REMEMBER 10 MINUTES AFTER IT FINISHED, CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT WASNT A SEASON TO FORGET, NO CUP RUNS, NOTHING TO CHERISH, BUT I WILL BE BACK AS I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS DONT EXPECT MUCH NEXT SEASON AND WITH THIS SQUAD WE WILL STRUGGLE , BUT I WOULD LIKE THE FOOTBALL TO BE ENTERTAINING, IM STRUGGLING TO KEEP MY KIDS INTEREST UP THEY SAY ITS BORING AND IT IS AND ONE MORE THING LETS NOT SLAG OFF HARROW THEY ARE HIGHER THAN US AND SCORED MORE GOALS AND BEFORE PEOPLE SAY IM NOT A FAN IF I DIDNT CARE I WOULDNT BOTHER WRITING THIS .

I am slightly worried at present that through no fault of our own we will have a real struggle next season. Purely for the fact that most Clubs will take that extra risk on their budget to sign a wonder striker or big name player. I think we will continue to take the sensible approach and that will affect the budget for the playing squad in that for players to come, players have to leave, like for like etc. It will reach a point where other Clubs will improve their Squads more than we can from a monetary point of view and we will be left playing catch up both on the pitch and in the table. You only have to look at who could be coming up and down from other leagues to see how difficult it would be - Lowestoft, Concord Rangers, Folkestone, East Thurrock...

I have every faith that John will be able to bring in quality players to fit within the Club's budget, I just think that we will have one of the lowest budgets in the league next season, making it difficult to compete.

Still at least if we're in a relegation battle next season, it'll be both entertaining and emotional and I hope to be there to see it all!!!

Up until a few months ago, we were doing OK and although nobody would have had any complaints if we didn't reach the play offs, a decent top half finish looked odds on.

The last couple of months though, the football has been terrible. Players have been making simple errors and the standard of football displayed has been poor. I agree with Hayna66, the football has been boring and it's very rare for me to say that. The two Hornchurch games were awful and the Boreham Wood game was like watching 'paint dry'. We can play some decent stuff but other than away to Dartford, we've not done this in several months.

It's unbelievable that we're here talking about the fact that we're not mathematically safe and even worse that Ricay will finish above us.

Ok, I know it's not helped that we have had injuries and I imagine quite a few players are playing with knocks and through the pain barrier but it's so dissapointing how the team have just folded since March. We've not had the fixture pile up that some other teams have had although we did have 4 matches in a week in March.

I find this team incredibly frustrating at times. They are capable of so much better.

Edited by YELLOW

The past two seasons we have totally gone to pot during December/January and this turns our season for the worse.

Bar for some good victories over Hastings, Horsham and Sutton earlier on in the season we could've be looking at trying to get out the bottom four.

We've gone to pot over the last two months or so. The thing that bothers me is that quite often, teams that end the season badly start the following one in similar form.

In fairness, in none of the games we've lost recently have we been outclassed and that includes games against the likes of Boreham Wood, Dartford and Sutton who are up there in the top 5. In all of these games, our undoing has been making silly defensive errors and not taking chances when they've come along and that's what frustrates the most.

I agree with the comment about not being outclassed. I left the Sutton game wondering how they're third in the league going on that performance.

Teams like Kingstonian, Wealdstone, Hastings and Aveley put on a much better performance in their games against us.

With the defensive errors, I think the defence is so shaky because the midfield is so slow meaning everything bypasses it and the slightest lapse in concentration at the back is punished.

I AGREE WITH MATT H NO TEAM HAS OUTCLASSED US AND WE HAVE NOT OUTCLASSED ANYONE, THIS LEAGUE ANYONE CAN WIN ON A GIVEN DAY, I THINK WE COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAY OFFS OR RELEGATED ITS THAT CLOSE, WE CAN TALK ABOUT PLAYER BUDGETS BUT WHAT ABOUT , AVELEY ,BOREHAM WOOD, HENDON, HARROW , TONBRIDGE , HORSHAM AND TOOTING THEY CANT HAVE MASSIVE BUDGETS AND ALL ARE ABOVE US, WE CANT KEEP BLAMING BUDGETS, WHEN PEOPLE PAY 9.50 THEY WANT TO SEE SOMETHING. PERSONALLY IM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT PROMOTION OR GOING UP LEAGUES, IM A SUPPORTER OF A NON LEAGUE CLUB WHO FOUND OUR 2 YEARS IN THE CONFERENCE ON THE ONE HAND GREAT TO PLAY THE LIKES OF CARLISLE AND CAMBRIDGE , BUT FOUND IT TEDIOUS, I DONT MIND IF WERE IN THE RYMAN NORTH I JUST WOULD LIKE MY KIDS TO SAY "WHAT A MATCH" AND SEE GOALS AND SOME DECENT FOOTBALL AND TALK ABOUT IT AFTER, EVEN IN THE DAYS OF GOING UP AND DOWN THE ICIS OR DIADORA LEAGUES IT WAS EXCITING WE WOULD LOSE 2-4 THEN WIN 5-1 WHLIST THIS SEASON AGAINST BILLERICAY WE BROUGHT ON SUBS TO PLAY FOR A 0-0, THIS IS CANVEY THERE IS PROBABLY ONLY 300 PEOPLE WHO CARE AND WOULD COME EVEN IN THE ESSEX SENIOR. UNDER BATCHY WERE NOT GOING TO DEFEND LIKE ITALIANS LOOK AT HIS RESERVE SIDES THEY WOULD LET IN 70-80 GOALS A SEASON BUT WOULD SCORE OVER 100, WERE THE 12TH BEST SUPPORTED TEAM IN THE RYMAN PREM WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THIS LEAGUE OR THE ONE ABOVE OR BELOW FOREVER SO LETS GET SOME GOALS AT BOTH ENDS AND GOALMOUTH ACTION BECAUSE LOOK AROUND AT HOME GAMES THE MAJORITY IS LIKE ME NEARLY 50 OR ABOVE IF YOU LOSE THE KIDS WHERES THE FUTURE, FOR 40 YEARS HAVE ONLY WATCHED NON LEAGUE LEYTONSTONE THEN LEYTONSTONE/ILFORD, REDBRIDGE FOREST AND SINCE I MOVED ON CANVEY 16 YEARS AGO THIS WONDERFUL CLUB, LETS NOT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING MOST KIDS ONLY WORRY ABOUT MAN UTD OR SPURS, BUT AT CANVEY LET THEM SAY "WHAT A MATCH"

I agree with a number of the comments but i do believe its been a strange old season..

Off the field the club has made a number of changes with a new Chairman being appointed awsell as 2 new Directors coming on board alongside the wholsale changes to the Bar and Catering setup due to financial reasons. The club has also had to deal with a financial climate that has seen a number of non league club fold, not pay players or go into Administration.

On the field we had a great start in the League although dissapointment in both major cups after being knocked out early by to a decent Hitchin Town side in the Trophy and Tooting in the FA Cup. Xmas arrived with us sitting in a good position for a Play-Off challenge but a mixture of Key injuries (Rowe & Hallett) to a small squad and the weather saw us hit a pretty barren run of form.

It was a season where 5 penalty misses in games where points would have been taken and several horrendus Refereing decesion (Remember the home game against Maidstone!) have cost us a play off challenge in my eyes. Alongside that we have defended poorly at key times during games, although a special mention goes to James Russell and Chris Moore who i think have been exceptional all season.

What ever people think we run a small squad on a budget that will be in the lower reaches of clubs at this level and without further investment from sponsors or a increase in attendances the club will work to what it can afford.

This seasons Ryman Premier has been very competitive with all teams apart from DARTFORD being capable of beating eachother. Personally i havent seen one decent footballing side in any of the games i have seen this year, its seems to be all about being big and strong and getting the ball from back to front as quickly as possible, its all about winning the battle rather then the team who shows the best quality.

It was all too easy in the Ryman North to win games scoring lots of goals and playing attractive football but things are a whole lot tough in the Prem and as fans we should respect that.

I would expect to see a number of changes during the Summer with John doing his best to freshen up the squad and build a team that will be challenging for the play offs next season, of course within the budget decided.

Roll on the 2010 / 2011 season

Shedboy

I AGREE WITH MATT H NO TEAM HAS OUTCLASSED US AND WE HAVE NOT OUTCLASSED ANYONE, THIS LEAGUE ANYONE CAN WIN ON A GIVEN DAY, I THINK WE COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAY OFFS OR RELEGATED ITS THAT CLOSE, WE CAN TALK ABOUT PLAYER BUDGETS BUT WHAT ABOUT , AVELEY ,BOREHAM WOOD, HENDON, HARROW , TONBRIDGE , HORSHAM AND TOOTING THEY CANT HAVE MASSIVE BUDGETS AND ALL ARE ABOVE US, WE CANT KEEP BLAMING BUDGETS, WHEN PEOPLE PAY 9.50 THEY WANT TO SEE SOMETHING. PERSONALLY IM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT PROMOTION OR GOING UP LEAGUES, IM A SUPPORTER OF A NON LEAGUE CLUB WHO FOUND OUR 2 YEARS IN THE CONFERENCE ON THE ONE HAND GREAT TO PLAY THE LIKES OF CARLISLE AND CAMBRIDGE , BUT FOUND IT TEDIOUS, I DONT MIND IF WERE IN THE RYMAN NORTH I JUST WOULD LIKE MY KIDS TO SAY "WHAT A MATCH" AND SEE GOALS AND SOME DECENT FOOTBALL AND TALK ABOUT IT AFTER, EVEN IN THE DAYS OF GOING UP AND DOWN THE ICIS OR DIADORA LEAGUES IT WAS EXCITING WE WOULD LOSE 2-4 THEN WIN 5-1 WHLIST THIS SEASON AGAINST BILLERICAY WE BROUGHT ON SUBS TO PLAY FOR A 0-0, THIS IS CANVEY THERE IS PROBABLY ONLY 300 PEOPLE WHO CARE AND WOULD COME EVEN IN THE ESSEX SENIOR. UNDER BATCHY WERE NOT GOING TO DEFEND LIKE ITALIANS LOOK AT HIS RESERVE SIDES THEY WOULD LET IN 70-80 GOALS A SEASON BUT WOULD SCORE OVER 100, WERE THE 12TH BEST SUPPORTED TEAM IN THE RYMAN PREM WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THIS LEAGUE OR THE ONE ABOVE OR BELOW FOREVER SO LETS GET SOME GOALS AT BOTH ENDS AND GOALMOUTH ACTION BECAUSE LOOK AROUND AT HOME GAMES THE MAJORITY IS LIKE ME NEARLY 50 OR ABOVE IF YOU LOSE THE KIDS WHERES THE FUTURE, FOR 40 YEARS HAVE ONLY WATCHED NON LEAGUE LEYTONSTONE THEN LEYTONSTONE/ILFORD, REDBRIDGE FOREST AND SINCE I MOVED ON CANVEY 16 YEARS AGO THIS WONDERFUL CLUB, LETS NOT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING MOST KIDS ONLY WORRY ABOUT MAN UTD OR SPURS, BUT AT CANVEY LET THEM SAY "WHAT A MATCH"

I would give you the managers job H ! Id come and watch when we dont have a game !