Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Groundshare

BallBoy

A lot of bitter Southend fans out there.

What they not come to terms with is Canvey is Essex most progresive club where we have had success over the last few years Southend fans have been given nothing to cheer about.

Southend United = No future(there to make the numbers up)No money,No chance of going any further.

A bit of good news for them is when we get our new multi million pound stadium I have been told Southend want to groundshare as they also have no future at Roots Hall.Southend fans will be a new breed of Marsh rats.

WELCOME

Hmmmmmm wot about Colchester? I thought they were in Essex?

Billericay, Grays, Purfleet (sorry Thurrock) and if you believe the ESC "The Daggers" to name a few? I would watch what you mean when you say "progressive" as your ground is still nowt to write home about and it is only your team that can be considered, in a broad sense, as you have come second in league for the previous couple of seasons. Ok you've won the Trophy. Power to ya but that was then.

Fair enough you have plans for a new stadium. I would call that progressive but so do Billericay (and before you give it large over "Basilricay" - I am a supporter, I do know).

Remember, The Daggers, Southend and Colchester are all "there". You have to get "there" before you start giving it large as "The Most Progressive Club In Essex".

'Groundshare' is always a contentious subject !

Look at the premiership, before Ivan the Red took over at The Bridge. Fulham were desperate for good facilities when Craven Cottage was getting the chop.

The Bridge would have been ideal for both teams ! After all, the ground IS in Fulham, not Chelsea !

What Happened ?

Clash of personalities, between Big Ken and The Harrods Man !

I, as a Chelsea supporter, would have had NO problem with a groundshare.

Hey Ho ! What a funny 'ol world we live in !

South of the river, whenever ground share is discussed, there is one thing that should always be remembered. Don't let Maidstone Utd. anywhere near it. They'll have a housing estate or a new Sainsburys on your centre-circle before you can bat an eyelid. Just ask Dartford. They're still playing at our ground as a direct result of sharing Watling Street with them and very nearly died altogether. So let that be a warning to ya!!