Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Has Andy lost the plot

Quote:
Sod the forum!!

Seeing as the forum only represents the views of the 6 or 7 posters that come on here, it can hardly be descibed as representative.

Personally I accept that we need another striker ( But then again we went thru' the whole of last season with a virtually non existent front line, until the beast got going late on ), but otherwise I don't think that we are worse off than last year.

This time last year I thought we would struggle, as I thought we had only 2 conference standard players from the ryman winning squad. Luckily a couple of the signings came good, ie Benno and Wilko and we survived.

The two players from that ryman winning squad are still here , and we have signed a couple of proven conference defenders, couple that with Wilko when fit, and we now have at least 5 top quality consistent conference standard players. Plus a fair spinkling of players not far off that level ( ie. Owen, Skins, Strouts, Matt Lee , Tostel etc )

If a couple of the new boys add to this , then we will be more than OK. And also remember that last season we bolstered our squad with some good loan signings ( Cole and Giles in particular ), and you can see that happening again.

So from next week get behind the lads, lets get as many thru' the turnstiles as possible, lets make as much noise as we can and drown out the moaners , and lets start on the right note.

Andy and the lads need us behind them..

C'mon you rip roaring reds ....

Looking at the current squad, we do have some real talent. Pennock, McKimm, Owen, Skins, Abbey, Pinnock, the list goes on....look out for Drury, especially. . What I think has been a concern is that we haven't seen them on the pitch at the same time yet because of the trialists etc. I am confident we've got the players to do the business. They just need that bit of time to gel. Maybe Bishop Stortford are going to receive a bit of a whooping today 'cos I think Andy will stick the 1st team proper out, then we'll see how good we are.