Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

Missing 209/10 Stats

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Steve S

Steve S
  • Onlooker
  • Supports: Clevedon Town
  • Fav. Player(s): Cruyff
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, cricket
Hi, I wonder if anyone can possibly help me complete some records I’ve been keeping for Enfield 1893 this season, I've e-mailed the club but the website address must be wrong as i've had no response. I’ve been recording details of Enfield matches since I lived in Edmonton and supported the original club from the late 1960’s but I now live in Somerset so have to rely on club websites and forums to complete my records. Unfortunately I was unable to find the following details on either the club or league websites, or any of the forums and I wondered if anyone might be able to help me fill in the missing gaps below:

21 July 2009 The name of the Enfield goalscorer in the 5-1 defeat at Brimsdown Rovers in a pre-season friendly.

4 August 2009 The result and any Enfield goalscorers in the pre-season friendly at home to St Margaretsbury.

29 September 2009 The Enfield goalscorer in the 3-1 defeat at Burnham Ramblers in the Isthmian League Cup tie.

3 November 2009 The Enfield goalscorer in the 2-1 defeat at Hillingdon Borough in the Middlesex Charity Cup.

10 November 2009 The names of the Enfield goalscorers in the 2-1 win at Wembley in the Middlesex Senior Cup; I believe Lopes scored one of the goals.

2 March 2010 The Enfield goalscorers in the 2-0 win at Mauritius Sports in the Essex Senior League.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer with these missing details

offline Steve S

Steve S
  • Onlooker
Come on lads and lasses, surely someone must have kept a record of results and goalscorers for this season ? If it helps, here's my incomplete record sheet for this season, with the missing details highlighted.

Attached Files

offline Pathfinder

Pathfinder
  • Reserves
I can help with three of them

29-09-09 League cup at Burnham . Scorer was Steven Ahoua- Boua ..... in the second half

4-08-09 Friendly v St Margs , Scorer was Neil Hughes.......... I believe .

3-10-09 MSC at Hillingdon . Scorer was Chris Parillon.......... I believe .

.I'll try to chase the others up for you .

Edited by Pathfinder, 16 May 2010 - 01:30 PM.

offline Pathfinder

Pathfinder
  • Reserves

4-08-09 Friendly v St Margs , Scorer was Neil Hughes.......... I believe

Forget that one Scorer v St Margs was In fact ...........Abul Hussain 80mins . The other two are correct ,Parillon goal at hillingdon was 53mins. ,

Brimmo Friendly , Scorer was Wayne Grant 22mins.
Wembley MSC match Lopes with both goals 16 & 53 Mins .
Mauritius match, Goals were by Fred Tandon 45mins & Wesley Borghys 71mins (pen)

Thanks to our stat man Alan for the Info .

offline Steve S

Steve S
  • Onlooker
Many thanks indeed Pathfinder, and stats man Alan (not my old mate Alan Medlock from the 1970's ?), your help is very much appreciated. Just one more question if I may, we scored one goal against St Margaretsbury in that friendly, but how many, if any, did the visitors score; in other words what was the match result !!

Not sure if they are of any interest to any 1893 fans but I've attached my stats sheets for the previous two seasons - hope they're correct.....

Steve Small

Attached Files

offline Pathfinder

Pathfinder
  • Reserves
Sorry I missed that ! Result was Enfield 1-2 St Margs . Alan Farmer is our Stat Man , Alan Medlock is at Enfield Town I remember him drinking in the southbury arms a few years back .

offline Steve S

Steve S
  • Onlooker
Many thanks Pathfinder, really appreciate your help. I think I remember Alan Farmer, I watched Enfield from 1968 until 1980 when I moved to Bristol, managing a run of 629 consecutive matches in the process, helping run the programme shop at Southbury Road as well as writing for the programme and Attack magazine for a while. Haven't seen either Enfield 1893 or Enfield Town since they were formed but hopefully one day........

offline AbbeyMan

AbbeyMan
  • First XI - Sub

Many thanks Pathfinder, really appreciate your help. I think I remember Alan Farmer, I watched Enfield from 1968 until 1980 when I moved to Bristol, managing a run of 629 consecutive matches in the process, helping run the programme shop at Southbury Road as well as writing for the programme and Attack magazine for a while. Haven't seen either Enfield 1893 or Enfield Town since they were formed but hopefully one day........

Hi Steve,
Hope you are keeping well ? I remember you from the programme shop at Southbury Road - I still have my 'original' scarf - royal blue with two white stripes down it's length - that I bought from you in 1978 ! Despite moving on I've never had the heart to dump it !
Derek Bird (aka Joe)

offline Steve S

Steve S
  • Onlooker
Hi Steve,
Hope you are keeping well ? I remember you from the programme shop at Southbury Road - I still have my 'original' scarf - royal blue with two white stripes down it's length - that I bought from you in 1978 ! Despite moving on I've never had the heart to dump it !
Derek Bird (aka Joe)

Hi Joe

You'll have to forgive me if I can't recall your name, that was 30 odd years ago ! Yes Paul Martin and I ran the shop for years in that large garden shed at the Town end of the ground we shared with the Supporters Club; I mainly looked after the programmes and Paul the souvenirs and the money side. They were happy days when we nearly always had a supporters coach to away games and the furthest you went for a league match was the old Oxford City ground, although I can remember trips to Whitley Bay and Marine(Liverpool) in the Amateur Cup, as well as Lancaster City and Alton Town in Hampshire, plus that Amateur Cup semi-final at Newcastle in 1970 when the train caught fire on the way, and the train trip to Blyth Spartans in the FA Cup. There were also the two trips to Italy in 1970 (Ponte San Pietro) and 1976 (Teramo and Pistoiese) which were great fun, especially the 1976 trip when we had 2 weeks in Rimini with the players and the fun and games off the pitch at the second match when Fred Callaghan took the players off the pitch and the match was abandoned - happy days ! I've still got all the old results and line-ups from the matches in those days and still record both 1893 and the Town results for old times sake. There were some great games at Southbury Road and I remember when we beat Wimbledon in the FA Cup, their first cup game as a Football League side. Sunday mornings were spent cleaning the ground after a home match when Bill Blake, a former director and a lovely man, used to keep back some pint jugs of prawns, cockles and whelks for the volunteers on Sunday lunchtuime in the bar.

I'm not going in to politics but it was a great shame when the old club split and left Southbury Road, I really hope both clubs can go on to build success in the years to come but I somehow think they'll never regain the status of the original club.........

Best wishes for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus