Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls Secure The Signing Of Prolific Striker Heale From Local Rivals

ShedBoy

Canvey Island Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of prolific striker Danny Heale from local rivals Concord Rangers.

Heale agreed terms with the club late last week after deciding to quit Rangers for a fresh challenge, moving to the club where his father Billy enjoyed great success during his famous non-league career.

Gulls' Manager John Batch said "I'm extremely pleased that Danny has agreed to come and play for Canvey. Danny is a player who has great qualities and a superb scoring record, and I'm sure he will prove to be a huge asset to the team and club over the coming season. Danny is very excited about the move and he can’t wait to get involved with the squad and start playing his football at the Brockwell Stadium”

The Gulls hope to announce further signings over the coming days.

http://www.canveyislandfc.com/index1.php

What a fantastic signing. Saw that he had left Concord on the back page of the Evening Echo today and wondered if we had a chance of getting him.

I think he left because we were getting him Powelly wink.gif

Great signing, welcome aboard Dan!!

:)

Excellent news, the legendry Heale name lives on at the club

Welcome to CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL CLUB Dan!

SO WHO'S MAKING WAY UPFRONT?

Will be quite a dilemma...Heale & Rowe as a partnership could be lethal, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if he's still here next season. If Jason Hallett regains the form that gained his reputation and Jay Curran keeps being Jay Curran, things could look very good upfront.<BR><BR>Pre-season friendlies should be interesting!

With the signing of Heale I don't think there will be much more activity in the Striker department - We've got four in the squad in Hallett, Rowe, Curran and now Heale.

I wouldn't be surprised also if we try a bit of a different shape involving three Strikers, perhaps having Hallett play slightly deeper behind Heale and Rowe. Or even have a "Chelsea" formation with Heale and Hallett playing a bit wider than normal.

As I understand it, the Club will announce another new signing within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Greg Cohen.

With the signing of Heale I don't think there will be much more activity in the Striker department - We've got four in the squad in Hallett, Rowe, Curran and now Heale.

I wouldn't be surprised also if we try a bit of a different shape involving three Strikers, perhaps having Hallett play slightly deeper behind Heale and Rowe. Or even have a "Chelsea" formation with Heale and Hallett playing a bit wider than normal.

As I understand it, the Club will announce another new signing within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Greg Cohen.

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. :)

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. smile.gif

Sorry, I thought two signings were being revealed tomorrow at the forum, one being Danny Heale, the other being Cohen's replacement, due to him travelling the World?

Apologise if I've jumped the gun a bit.

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. smile.gif

Sorry, I thought two signings were being revealed tomorrow at the forum, one being Danny Heale, the other being Cohen's replacement, due to him travelling the World?

Apologise if I've jumped the gun a bit.

I understand he is off travelling but not until later in the year so i believe he will be pre seasoning with us..

Im sure there will be several changes and movements to the squad, Batchy will certainly do his best to get us the best players he can within our budget.

Matt - You will have to come along to the forum tomorrow night to see if a second signing will be revealed

Healesy is the best player I have played with bar none. Absolute legend.

I might get my fifth yellow in time for boxing day so I can use my 1 match suspension by watching Canvey v Concord !!

i think he'll be in for a tougher time from the terraces than the players !! ha ha

I think you will find the Yellow Army will make sure healsey gets looked after both home and away!

Ha Ha ! quality ! has smut come back with his doormen then !

i know he was a prolific scorer in the essex senior league, but read he scored 15 in 50 games last season in a`winning team in the`ryman north, i hope he can continue at a higher level