Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-August 17 )

• Photo
    Barney

• Photo
    mickadeem

• Photo
    CockneyBertie

Photo

Gulls Secure The Signing Of Prolific Striker Heale From Local Rivals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
26 replies to this topic

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Canvey Island Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of prolific striker Danny Heale from local rivals Concord Rangers.

Heale agreed terms with the club late last week after deciding to quit Rangers for a fresh challenge, moving to the club where his father Billy enjoyed great success during his famous non-league career.

Gulls' Manager John Batch said "I'm extremely pleased that Danny has agreed to come and play for Canvey. Danny is a player who has great qualities and a superb scoring record, and I'm sure he will prove to be a huge asset to the team and club over the coming season. Danny is very excited about the move and he can’t wait to get involved with the squad and start playing his football at the Brockwell Stadium”

The Gulls hope to announce further signings over the coming days.

http://www.canveyisl....com/index1.php

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
What a fantastic signing. Saw that he had left Concord on the back page of the Evening Echo today and wondered if we had a chance of getting him.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I think he left because we were getting him Powelly Posted Image

Great signing, welcome aboard Dan!!

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy

:)

Excellent news, the legendry Heale name lives on at the club

Welcome to CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL CLUB Dan!

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves
  • Supports: CANVEY ISLAND FC AND LEYTON ORIENT
  • Foes: THE ONES NORTH OF BASILDON
  • Fav. Player(s): jay curran and peter kitchen

:)

Excellent news, the legendry Heale name lives on at the club

Welcome to CANVEY ISLAND FOOTBALL CLUB Dan!

SO WHO'S MAKING WAY UPFRONT?

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
Will be quite a dilemma...Heale &amp; Rowe as a partnership could be lethal, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if he's still here next season. If Jason Hallett regains the form that gained his reputation and Jay Curran keeps being Jay Curran, things could look very good upfront.<BR><BR>Pre-season friendlies should be interesting!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
With the signing of Heale I don't think there will be much more activity in the Striker department - We've got four in the squad in Hallett, Rowe, Curran and now Heale.

I wouldn't be surprised also if we try a bit of a different shape involving three Strikers, perhaps having Hallett play slightly deeper behind Heale and Rowe. Or even have a "Chelsea" formation with Heale and Hallett playing a bit wider than normal.

As I understand it, the Club will announce another new signing within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Greg Cohen.

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy

With the signing of Heale I don't think there will be much more activity in the Striker department - We've got four in the squad in Hallett, Rowe, Curran and now Heale.

I wouldn't be surprised also if we try a bit of a different shape involving three Strikers, perhaps having Hallett play slightly deeper behind Heale and Rowe. Or even have a "Chelsea" formation with Heale and Hallett playing a bit wider than normal.

As I understand it, the Club will announce another new signing within the next 24 hours as a replacement for Greg Cohen.

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. :)

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
I've heard that Cohen is off travelling so I imagine a replacement will be needed at some point if this is the case.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. Posted Image

Sorry, I thought two signings were being revealed tomorrow at the forum, one being Danny Heale, the other being Cohen's replacement, due to him travelling the World?

Apologise if I've jumped the gun a bit.

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
True or not, I'm loving the gossip!!

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy

Not sure where you have got that info from Matt, but pretty certain that's not the case. Posted Image

Sorry, I thought two signings were being revealed tomorrow at the forum, one being Danny Heale, the other being Cohen's replacement, due to him travelling the World?

Apologise if I've jumped the gun a bit.

I understand he is off travelling but not until later in the year so i believe he will be pre seasoning with us..

Im sure there will be several changes and movements to the squad, Batchy will certainly do his best to get us the best players he can within our budget.

Matt - You will have to come along to the forum tomorrow night to see if a second signing will be revealed

offline Lefty

Lefty
A great signing!!

Will be interesting to see what other areas of the squad John feels need improving.

offline onebreast

onebreast
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • Foes: DIrty Yid Scum
  • Fav. Player(s): Magic Merse & Rocky Rocastle
  • Fav. Sport(s): Monkey Tennis
Healesy is the best player I have played with bar none. Absolute legend.

I might get my fifth yellow in time for boxing day so I can use my 1 match suspension by watching Canvey v Concord !!

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
do you think he may be in for a rough time from his former team mates lol

offline onebreast

onebreast
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • Foes: DIrty Yid Scum
  • Fav. Player(s): Magic Merse & Rocky Rocastle
  • Fav. Sport(s): Monkey Tennis
i think he'll be in for a tougher time from the terraces than the players !! ha ha

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy

i think he'll be in for a tougher time from the terraces than the players !! ha ha

I think you will find the Yellow Army will make sure healsey gets looked after both home and away!

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !

Not quite ! more to do with the fact he will be payed full money selected or not !

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !

I think you will find the Yellow Army will make sure healsey gets looked after both home and away!

Ha Ha ! quality ! has smut come back with his doormen then !

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves
  • Supports: CANVEY ISLAND FC AND LEYTON ORIENT
  • Foes: THE ONES NORTH OF BASILDON
  • Fav. Player(s): jay curran and peter kitchen
i know he was a prolific scorer in the essex senior league, but read he scored 15 in 50 games last season in a`winning team in the`ryman north, i hope he can continue at a higher level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus