Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor attitude to prices

Frenchy, I'm afraid you have got the wrong end of the stick, if you read what I said I was not refering to the game at Burnley, although for what its worth I do think its a disgrace that Canvey Island are spoiling the big occasion by fleecing their fans though thats by the by. What miffed me, and the Grays fans I spoke to and probably many others is that away fans visiting Park Lane (where I won't be going again, not Burnley) have to pay more to get in than at any other Ryman league ground, I mean its not exactly the San Siro is it? Of course if you home fans don't mind paying more that's up to you, just don't expect away fans to be too chuffed about the prices. I hope that explains things, most of the other postings I won't dignify with a reply.

Poor John, being vilified, accused of being an eight year old and general abuse all round. And at Christmas too.<p>Taking the Devil's Advocate role, John might just be expressing a visitor's view when arriving at the turnstiles and being confronted by the highest admission prices in the League. The ground whilst functional and substantially improved is nothing special. The club house is cramped and difficult to get into, let alone get served a drink beforehand.<p>On the plus side there's every chance the visitor will see a quality performance from at least one quality team.<p>Canvey's crowds are not what the team deserve but I think they are what the club deserve. Be nice to people when you're doing well; you might need them if it ever goes off the boil!<p>Have a Good Christmas everyone and here's to the Conference place which might have been won last year barring unfortunate circumstances.

Well said Mick, nice to know that somebody understands the point I was making, as for the insults its water off a ducks back to me, people normally resort to that sort of thing when they don't have anything constructive to say! Anyway a very merry christmas to one and all, yes even you Frenchy, and although it peeves me to say it, and I'm saying it for the sake of the fans rather than the club itself, GOOD LUCK AT BURNLEY!

John, a word to the wise. When you're in a hole, stop digging.<p>Initially you tried to make a prat of yourself (quite successfully as it happens) by going on about the admission prices that Canvey have legitimately negotiated for the FA Cup game at Burnley. Now, having been given a metaphorical slap in the face you have suddenly changed your tack. What you are now bleating on about is the price of admission at Park Land and the poor standard of accommodation. Quite a different argument, wouldn't you agree?<p>I'm happy to duel with you, but let's establish what we're arguing over. Are we discussing the Burnley admission prices - in which case continue this thread, after all, that's what it was created for; or are you wanting to debate the cost of admission at Park Lane?<p>Let me know as I have stong thoughts on both (little tip - change over and discuss the Park Lane admission issue, you'll be skating on thicker ice!)<p>In the meantime, have a great Christmas and enjoy your football - whichever team you support. You'll be made very welcome at Park Lane should you decide to return but remember, to watch quality, it costs.

Frenchy, just a final few words,as this is in danger of becoming a bit boring now. I don't accept that I've been digging myself out of a hole, made a prat of myself or had a metaphorical slap in the face, in fact I'd say that was the pot calling the kettle black!

If you go back to my first posting on this issue you'll see that I have not changed tack at all, I made the point then that Canvey were ripping fans off a couple of years ago (when I last visited the ground) and are still doing so now, so the Burnley issue and prices at Park Lane are certainly not different arguments at all. If you can let me know when the club start charging more reasonable prices, I won't hold my breath, I will consider another visit to Park Lane but on principle I will not pay over the top prices and if you choose to do so then thats up to you!

Anyway if you'll excuse me now I'm off to drink a bit of the christmas spirit, have a good one I certainly intend to!

dont mean 2 spoil everyone's fun , but just 2 remind everyone , some bloody big games coming up ! Ricay , Aldershot , oh and Burnley. All away so Get Behind the boys ! Merry Christmas and lets hope for 6 points and a win the F.A. Cup !

Been reading these posts with some interest and one thing comes through loud and clear. Some of you think your own club are a set of greedy b******

As for Burnley doing the same with the Phoenix League and hitting clubs below us it might be worth pointing out that in the past two weeks Burnley have actually been lobbying clubs in the First Division NOT to back the six greedy clubs behind the Phoenix League who want to resign from the Football League.

You see, not all clubs are out to rip off their fans at every opportunity.

make your mind up??? this (link at the bottom) is from your web site dated the 18th of dec (a shade less than 2 weeks ago) seems both you and your club were happy to jump in with the big boys then...the pheonix proposal has hit some legal icebergs and it looks like it wont be going ahead for next season.. seems like your club has now changed tack somewhat dosen't it..maybe cos you could be in the premiership and you wouldnt want to share any of that money out? .. im all for clubs getting what they can for their fans and if i was a burnley fan i would be happy to see the pheonix league go ahead (as were you). but spare us all the holier than thou [****!!****], it wont wash.. we may be greedy bastards but at least we are consistently greedy bastards the last 2 paragraphs are the most interesting.. wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 30 December 2001: This message was edited by: CANV ]</p>