Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet signs three new players.

After all the doom and gloom over the last weekend about the shortage of strikers, I'm amazed nobody has commented on Andy's latest signings.

Info from yesterdays BBC Teletext and Confguide.com, dated 6th Aug. We have signed Steve Perkins (midfield) released-Aldershot

Jeran Meah (striker)-Borehamwood

Leroy Huggins (striker)-Fisher Ath.

Leroy comes highly recommended from my man at Folkestone Inv.

With Louie Evans and Ben Abbey thats four strikers. Those clouds of doom and gloom seem to be disipating and the sun has just come out at Stonebridge Road. grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

Very few had conference experience last season.......and the club were very nearly relegated.

This season probably a similar amount have conference experience and once again the club will have to fight against relegation again.

If thats all the club wants then fine.....because unless the club start to attract players with the necessary experience every season will be no better than the last.

I think the side does have more conference expierence this year with the arrival of shearer,trott,hogg etc. We'd all like the club to sign expierenced,proven quality players but we've got to except that the club simply can't afford this,and if we did take risks and buy these players it could all go horribly wrong as it has done and several clubs.I think we've got to trust Andy and the board on their signings and support them the best we can.

"Lets make our next three signings big ones" - Andy Ford supporters trust meeting. A bloke released by Aldershot because he wasnt deemed good enough for conference football isnt a striking signing. Leroy Huggins scored 16 goals only for Fisher not 36 and Jeran Meah is a ryman league campaigner. Yes they may do well for us and Andy has always got the maximum out of his players but it still doesnt hide the fact that we have been sold short with the promises.

Quote:
Matt (GNFC) said:
"Lets make our next three signings big ones" - Andy Ford supporters trust meeting. A bloke released by Aldershot because he wasnt deemed good enough for conference football isnt a striking signing. Leroy Huggins scored 16 goals only for Fisher not 36 and Jeran Meah is a ryman league campaigner. Yes they may do well for us and Andy has always got the maximum out of his players but it still doesnt hide the fact that we have been sold short with the promises.

I think we'll have a better idea at 4.45 tomorrow.
Untill we have seen this team play in a real match I think we should all just reserve our judgement and get behind the reds.

excited.gif

That was the first place I went, Dave. I was just surprised that no one had picked up on tha fact that we'd signed three of our trialists.

And, a message to W.V.N. If you don't think Andy can do the job, how about you putting your name forward to run the club. And, while you're at it, register with the F.A. maybe you could be our 'wonder' striker.

bootyshake.gif

Dear White Van,

I refer to my earlier postings which you may or may not have read !!

I don't think it's a matter of, as you said :-

"This season probably a similar amount have conference experience and once again the club will have to fight against relegation again.

If thats all the club wants then fine.....because unless the club start to attract players with the necessary experience every season will be no better than the last."

I am sure that the club want more......but, my friend, it's all about cash me ol' china.....so if you have got any....then cough up...and stop being a miserable old ( or maybe young ? ) b*stard !!

Regards,

achso.gif

Quote:
Lets just hope he qualifies in the loyalty ranks- *hint mark bentley*

mark Bentley signed a year contract,he saw it thru' to the end and ( in contention with Wilko ) was our best player of the season. After his contract was up, he left..

What more fuggin loyalty do you want ?

Start complaining when we sign players who earn top dollar and play [****!!****].