Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dump Terry and go longterm

pabird

Today Terry demonstrated along with others but mostly himself that he is more mouth than player

Out of position for at least three of the four German goals he played like a headless chicken

The problem is that our England superstars only look top class when surrounded by top class foreign players in the EPL

We must be brave and let go now those who will be too old at the next world cup and bring in prospective youngsters capable of making the move from good in the EPL to top at International level

We must also ignore the arrogance of the Terry type player who believes he is bigger than the team when in fact when the call is there for performance they fail as the moderate internationals they are

Ignore a half hearted attempt in the next European championships and use young guns with focus on the longer term, develop a team with understanding, passion and a system of play fitting the modern game

A winger and centre back from Spurs, a winger and defender from Man city, we do have at least one young GK capable of the “future” and I feel certain others can be named to be chosen and used from now forward as the England team of the future

Come on England must be a plea that is realised by careful planning and determined execution

Well said Pabird.

I hope no one points to the disallowed goal for our failure. Yes it "may" have made a difference, but the fact is we were outplayed in every department and tactically inept.

Capello must go. Great for a campaign but lousy for a tournament, which requires a different approach.

• 4 weeks later...

The truth is that only Rooney is world class and he was injured. Milner looked okay but the rest just aren't up to it.

While I think we'll struggle to get a better manager than Capello, he cannot be absolved if we are sharing balme around.

First the squad he pick. Too 2 dimensional, looks like he picked his 1st 11 then looked around for carbon copies of those players. This left no option to chnage tactics. Wright-Phillips and Lennon? Surely everyone must realise that they just run with the ball, in SWP's case too far in front of him and in Lennon's case either until he runs out of pitch or cuts inside only to realise he has no left foot. Where was Walcott.

Ledley King - he was never going to make it through, and why take him anyway, Ok Upson & Terry didn't cover themselves in glory but given Terry was going to play why not pick Upson who has played with him 6 times before without defeat.

Aslo capello's decision to replace Milner with Cole mystified me. Mlner was doing all the tracking back and covering for, frankly, a lazy Gerrard and a constantly out ofposition Johnson. Cole was never going do and the 3rd & 4th German goal came exploitong the space that Milner had worked hard to cover earlier in the match.

Not sure where we go from here. We have little talent that has come through. Don't mention Huddlestone, not good enough. Ashley Young and Agbonlahor - not good enough, Downing - no comment, Hart - needs too grow up. I could go on, but I can't be bothered!

The problem is that our England superstars only look top class when surrounded by top class foreign players in the EPL

Ummm surely it would have the opposite effect?

And ashley cole played pretty well I though

gerrard, rooney, lampard and terry possibly are all top players some of the best at what they do in europe. they just can't seem to do it for england but i reckon if they all performed like they did for club level we would have won the tournament twice with this set of players. but your right it time to move on with players like hart

gerrard, rooney, lampard and terry possibly are all top players some of the best at what they do in europe. they just can't seem to do it for england but i reckon if they all performed like they did for club level we would have won the tournament twice with this set of players. but your right it time to move on with players like hart

I like Lamps but losing his edge at the very top level and Terry simply came apart when asked to be the brain and take right CH and be honest he has an ego that outweighs his talent by some distance, time to move on

We have four years to the next world cup and we must now use the European cup in two years time as a stepping stone to the WC in four years time

Get a squad of talented dynamic young players and get them playing as a team in a modern system suiting the make up of the squad and go for it over the distance

If not we must fear to hear how our super stars are going to walk off with the European cup and then??????sweet FA

I like Lamps but losing his edge at the very top level

If scoring 25+ goals in a season is losing your edge id love to see who you thinks good lol

I said at the top (international ) level

If scoring 25+ goals in a season is losing your edge id love to see who you thinks good lol

I said at the top (international ) level

not much difference between premier league and international really. put any of the top PL teams in the world cup and they'd come close if not win it.