Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Priorities - Burnley or Gravesend ?

Having skimmed through a vast number of messages all seeming to be moaning about either the BBC or ticket prices I would prefer to focus on some positives.

In the next 3 weeks we have local derbies, a trip to Aldershot, the FA trophy, a top of the table game and on top of all that Burnley in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. thinking back to nights in Hungerford, the Essex senior league and to show my age games in the Greater London League this all seems like some sort of a dream. Perhaps i am going to wake up and find we are playing at Bowers on the 5th and not Burnley.<p>An interesting consideration is where are our priorities. I wonder if we had somebody with an injury doubt Jeff would risk them at Burnley or save them for Gravesend on the Tuesday night. <p>personally I am just looking forward to the weekend up North - hotel is booked and I plan to have a good time win, draw or lose. But given I do not expect to be going to Cardiff in May but hope to be going to Yeovil, doncaster, Morecambe etc next season I know which game I think is most important

And after the Gravesend game, it is the FA Trophy 3rd round ! I'm a bit surprised the Gravesend game was re-arranged for that week, but of course at the time it was not known we would be in the FA Cup 3rd round (are we really there ? I sometimes wonder if I dreamt the Northampton result !). However, by the time of the Gravesend game, the top of the table could look different: between now and then, Gravesend have 5 league games (4 away with their only home game being against Aldershot) while we just have 3 (2 away), including Aldershot !). So Gravesend should be top by 8 Jan...but football is a funny old game, and the weather might have a contribution to make between now and then. But I agree with Clive, getting to the Conference must be the priority, especially as the Conference seem to want to limit access to their elite league.

scarily enough if it all goes **** up the shots could be top by then!!!! i must admit that the tuesday game against G and N is not really well timed is it?.. still cant complain about the festive entertainment can we?? purfleet riccay shots burnley and G and N.. we would have been happy to see this fixture list 5 years ago!! shocked.gif" border="0