Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Prices - an alternative view from an accountant

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
3 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Some thoughts on this from the Finance Director of a £45m turnover company due to make a sizable profit this year. (so I think I speak with some authority.<p>1 The FA cup is partly about glory (which we have had) but mainly about money.<p>2 I assume somebody in the club has some some estimates and worked out that Canvey will make more money with higher ticket prices.<p>3 The crowd estimates could be wrong and we lose out - unfortunately thats life and in business people are always taking these sort of risks<p>4 If even a small amount of the money earned in this cup run results in signing a player who scores the goal that gets us into the Conference it will have been worth it.<p>5 If jeff and others had wanted to be involved in a football club to make money - then choosing one in the Essex Senior League was not a very good place to start<p>6 Even if they are now trying to make money they are still looking in the wrong place - 99% of football clubs are cra* investments.<p>So stop moaning, go and cheer the boys on in Burnley and enjoy a good day out.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
agreed!

offline Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
  • Reserves
Thank the Lord!!!<p> images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Wilf

Wilf
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Blimey!
Someone has said something sensible about money and ambition on this site!
Way to go, Clive - even if you are an accountant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus