Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

In the cold light of day.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline northfleet nigel

northfleet nigel
  • Reserves
I am struggling to come up with any positives about the Burton game and in my oppinion there were some, for example the performances of Messrs Perkins and Trott.

The major problem we have is that history tells us that you need 48 points to survive in this league. Whilst any team with wholesale changes needs time to bed in, you cannot afford to be in a position
after 6 games having less than 7 points. Also, if things are not going well after 6 games, it is a brave Chairman that let this run to
continue for anything longer than 10 games. There are so many games in this league that 'realistally', we have no chance of winning any points, meaning we cannot afford to drop points at home, or away for that against teams of similar status in terms of ability and financial clout.

The biggest disappointment for me is that IMO, we have squad that is probably worse than the one that finished last season. That in itself requires some answers and explaining. This is not an over reaction following the Burton game, I had these worries during pre-season.

Whilst I have never managed a football club, I 'thought' pre-season was for getting fit, looking at potential new players and most important of all bedding down the team for the big kick-off. I may be wrong but did 'this 11' actually play a game before last Saturday ?

I understand that Jimmy Strouts was informed by the Manager that the Confrence was a young mans league. So why was he trying to sign Brett Angel and a few other Gerry Hatricks (Scott) ??

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong and Andy pulls this around, but Mr Chairman please keep a check on the points per game ratio as leave it to late and we will end up like Kettering.

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Is their not a case for playing Shearer up front just to provide a bit of presence and what about getting Chris Giles back on loan as he does not seem to be in Yeovils squad at present he did alright when he played up front last season

offline northfleet nigel

northfleet nigel
  • Reserves
Did we not have a striker at the Club that was forced to play centre back and left to go to Dover ? mmm...... It gets more bizarre by the minute.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
James said:
Is their not a case for playing Shearer up front just to provide a bit of presence and what about getting Chris Giles back on loan as he does not seem to be in Yeovils squad at present he did alright when he played up front last season

He was injured (ankle injury).

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Quote:
northfleet nigel said:
Did we not have a striker at the Club that was forced to play centre back

Which in a lot of people's opinion, including yours I seem to recall is his best position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus