Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

In the cold light of day.

I am struggling to come up with any positives about the Burton game and in my oppinion there were some, for example the performances of Messrs Perkins and Trott.

The major problem we have is that history tells us that you need 48 points to survive in this league. Whilst any team with wholesale changes needs time to bed in, you cannot afford to be in a position

after 6 games having less than 7 points. Also, if things are not going well after 6 games, it is a brave Chairman that let this run to

continue for anything longer than 10 games. There are so many games in this league that 'realistally', we have no chance of winning any points, meaning we cannot afford to drop points at home, or away for that against teams of similar status in terms of ability and financial clout.

The biggest disappointment for me is that IMO, we have squad that is probably worse than the one that finished last season. That in itself requires some answers and explaining. This is not an over reaction following the Burton game, I had these worries during pre-season.

Whilst I have never managed a football club, I 'thought' pre-season was for getting fit, looking at potential new players and most important of all bedding down the team for the big kick-off. I may be wrong but did 'this 11' actually play a game before last Saturday ?

I understand that Jimmy Strouts was informed by the Manager that the Confrence was a young mans league. So why was he trying to sign Brett Angel and a few other Gerry Hatricks (Scott) ??

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong and Andy pulls this around, but Mr Chairman please keep a check on the points per game ratio as leave it to late and we will end up like Kettering.