Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woking game

The first half last night was almost unbearable to watch!!

We played like a pub team.

Duku looked slow and clumsy, there wingers beat our full backs to the by line too often (most of the time we had 2 defenders on 1 player and he still beat them to get a cross in), our markingwas terrible, our balls out of defence had no direction, we failed to hold the ball in midfield.

Although Woking already deserved to be 3-0 up, the way we gae away the goals was dreadful. The penalty was definatly a penalty, as Perkins we up with his hands above his head (although I think it should have been retaken.) The second goal was sloppy defending and poor goalkeeping (in O'Reilly's defence, he was pretty good for the rest of the game).

In the second half, Rob Owen was outstanding, and Pinnock was tremendous when he came on. I think Abbey did well and managed to get some decent shots in on goal from awkward positions. But in the end I think the scoreline flattered us, and a big improvement is needed if we are to get anything on Saturday!!

After all the success Andy Ford has brought in recent years I really hope he is given a chance to sort things out without the fans getting on his case - its the least he deserves.

After all, he posts on here fairly regularly, takes the time to attend Supporters Trust Meetings and has improved the "professionalism" of the footballing side no end i.e. pasta meals instead of fish and chip suppers and the appointment of a fitness coach etc. Even his rant about fans leaving home games early during our Ryman promotion season was perfectly justified - after this many people stopped behind after games to applaud the players, showing you appreciate their efforts, which in turn creates a camaraderie between the players and fans.

Even if you aren't an Andy Ford fan - re-read the above paragraph and ask yourself how many of his predecessors made this much effort? The answer is quite simply NONE.

In many respects you could argue he is a victim of his own success - as the Club has progressed under his management so the fans expectations have risen to new heights. However, Without the finance in place to complete with full-time Conference Clubs with full-time Managers and Millionaire Chairmen, G&N will always struggle to attract top quality players.

Admittedly some of the decisions in the last 2 games have been bizarre, namely the formation change/substitutions in the Burton game, playing a right back aka Matt Lee at Left back (Woking) and the Manager's brief foray into the dressing room at half time at Woking.

However, these are issues that a sensible Board of Directors can raise with the Manager and get sorted out, without bowing to the wishes of a small number of fans.

Most fans recognise that Andy is the best manager the Club has had for many years. Long may it continue!!!

How do you know this is the opinion of "Most Fans"? Most fans do not post on here!!! There is only about 50 or so fans that I have seen post on here!!?! I tell you what mate why not go around at the next home game and ask every supporter what their opinion is, it will be more fun than watching the andy ford circus!!!!

The point is Andy Ford has been the most successful manager in recent years compared with the likes of Steve Lovell and Eddie McCluskey etc. On this basis most fans probably do view him as our best manager in recent times - I don't need to devise a fan poll to work that out! Doh! We will have to agree to disagree.

Even though you don't support Andy Ford I hope you continue banging that "bloody" drum as at least it might drown out some of the whingers on the terraces that are bound to surface over the forthcoming weeks! grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

Like most of you I wasnt happy with the first half, but I thought we did enough to get a point in the second, Rob Owen I thought was outstanding.I think Andy must know how the fans are feeling by now, so it is time to support him and the lads, we have only played two matches, just think how the Daggers fans are feeling after all that money they have spent and there current position.

....once again...what are your proposals for change then ?? finding a Russian with £90 million to spend ( and the rest !!) ....don't whinge and not come up with alternatives !!

We are not at home to Mr Whinge !! only constructive criticism & debate....is that not right S Daz ??

"andy ford circus" ?? You are at liberty to spend your £10 elsewhere.

A couple of wins and you will be giving the old drumstick one off the wrist !!

Regards,

redbanana.gif redbanana.gif