Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island 1-4 Welling Utd

Matt H

I thought we did enough for 70 minutes to get a draw from this game, but once all the subs were made Welling stepped it up and took control of the game, scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Despite being only a friendly, I thought the Referee was useless. Can't believe he didn't give Canvey a penalty in the second-half when it was still only 1-1.

Matt Game and Danny Heale had great games as did Dumas, Mooro and Curran. A shame to see Wardy go off injured early on, hopefully these recent inuries won't hinder his or the team's season.

I would hazard a guess that yesterday's starting XI is very close to John's first-choice team to start the league, although Hallett might get the nod ahead of Curran and Cohen will start until he departs.

-------------------- Russell -------------------

- Everett -- Ward -- Moore -- Dumas -

------------------ Dobinson -----------------

------- Game -------------- Cohen (Edwards) -

- Hallett ----------------------------- Rowe -

-------------------- Heale -------------------

SUBS: Parr, West, King, Edwards (Davidson), Curran