Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Witney sign three from rivals

FF News

• 1 month later...

I note that Andy Lyne has rejoined Witney United as General Manager and immediately inspired the team to an amazing 1-1 draw at third place Slimbridge on Saturday:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=70081

• 2 weeks later...

I see Witney United are all over the Non League Today Website like a rash again today having completed the re-signing of Tom Smith:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=70307

Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division club Witney United have bolstered their ranks by completing the signing of the vastly experienced defender or midfielder Tom Smith.

Smith, 32, rejoins United having first been with the club between 2005 and 2007, making eighty-three starts for the club with seven further appearances as a substitute, scoring four goals in the process.

He started his career at Oxford United and has subsequently had spells at Abingdon United, Team Bath, North Leigh and Ardley United.

Commenting on Smith's (right) arrival general manager Andy Lyne said: "Both manager Darren Teggart and myself believe that Tom will bring the necessary craft and experience to what is a very young side. He's done the miles at this level and above and he knows what the game is all about."

Meanwhile, Witney have turned to fans favourite Vinny Byfield to help boost their exciting young side for the current campaign.

The hugely popular Byfield spent three seasons at Witney making eighty-six starts for the club and a further forty-five appearances as a subsitute, scoring four goals in the process.

Reknowned for his total commitment Byfield (above) will be a welcome addition to the United ranks.

Lyne added: "In terms of best value for money Vinny is probably amongst the top five players that I have ever signed. He never let me down in terms of his effort, attitude and application. He has always conducted himself with great dignity and is a top non-league professional.

“When Darren Teggart and me sat down and compiled a list of players who we thought were right for the position the club finds itself in and who could come in and make an immediate contribution on and off the field Vinny was right up there, so we are delighted to get him back onboard."

As well as his time at United the experienced Byfield also had spells with Corby Town, Brackley Town and Bicester Town.