Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Buckingham Charity Senior Cup - 2010/2011

Rhodes

Is this a Berks & Bucks FA affiliated competition:

First Round (Saturday 30 October)

Daventry Town v Olney Town

Hook Norton v Buckingham Athletic

Winslow United v Aylesbury United

Second Round (Tuesday 21 December)

Daventry Town or Olney Town v Winslow United or Aylesbury United

Stony Stratford Town v Buckingham Town

Hook Norton or Buckingham Athletic v Mursle United

Banbury United v Cogenhoe

The Buckingham Charity Football Cup dates from 1927 and was originally known as the Buckingham Hospital Cup.

The firm of F.N. Hiller Provided a magnificent cup for the winners, the first of whom were Quainton.

In 1932 it was decided to run a Junior Cup Competition for the smaller villages in the area, the first winners being Steeple Claydon. Quainton also won this trophy, three times in-a-row, in 1935, 1936 and 1937, thus becoming one of only a handful of Clubs to win both Cups - the others being Hanslope, Steeple Claydon and Winslow United.

Before the Second World War, it became "The" cup to compete for locally, attracting growing support from local businesses. it was quite common in those days to find a celebrity taking the field to kick off the proceedings.

After a break due to the War, the Hospital Cup lost its original name with the advent of the National Heath Service and became the Buckingham Charity Cup. Funds were then raised for a variety of charities, not just the local cottage hospital.

Today, competing Clubs are drawn not only from Buckinghamshire but also from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire.

This (annual) football competition is run solely to raise funds for charitable and philanthropic organisations and currently generates over £3000 per season.

Each club is given the opportunity to nominate a charity, whether local or national, to benefit from the monies raised.

The Buckingham Charity Football Cup dates from 1927 and was originally known as the Buckingham Hospital Cup.

The firm of F.N. Hiller Provided a magnificent cup for the winners, the first of whom were Quainton.

In 1932 it was decided to run a Junior Cup Competition for the smaller villages in the area, the first winners being Steeple Claydon. Quainton also won this trophy, three times in-a-row, in 1935, 1936 and 1937, thus becoming one of only a handful of Clubs to win both Cups - the others being Hanslope, Steeple Claydon and Winslow United.

Before the Second World War, it became "The" cup to compete for locally, attracting growing support from local businesses. it was quite common in those days to find a celebrity taking the field to kick off the proceedings.

After a break due to the War, the Hospital Cup lost its original name with the advent of the National Heath Service and became the Buckingham Charity Cup. Funds were then raised for a variety of charities, not just the local cottage hospital.

Today, competing Clubs are drawn not only from Buckinghamshire but also from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire.

This (annual) football competition is run solely to raise funds for charitable and philanthropic organisations and currently generates over £3000 per season.

Each club is given the opportunity to nominate a charity, whether local or national, to benefit from the monies raised.

Bet the 1st round are not played on a Saturday?

Efc - Well we'll see won't we, that's what was on the Website. Have you seen the Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup draw by any chance as you seem to be a man in the know.

Efc - Well we'll see won't we, that's what was on the Website. Have you seen the Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup draw by any chance as you seem to be a man in the know.

Its a midweek com not a saturday cup

Efc - Well why does it say Saturday 30 October for the First Round ties then!

Its a midweek com not a saturday cup

Lord Brackley - Anyway does it really matter when the games are due to be played, Efc always seems to pick holes in everything I do for some reason

• 2 months later...

I note that Stony Stratford Town are meeting Buckingham Town this evening, have Winslow United played Aylesbury United yet:

Daventry Town v Olney Town (3 November)

Hook Norton v Buckingham Athletic (9 November)

Hook Norton or Buckingham Athletic v Mursley United

Bet the 1st round are not played on a Saturday?

I see Rhodes none of these games being played this sat ?

DJM61 - It seems like a bit of a Mickey Mouse competition doesn't it and how can Club's be invited from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire as well as from Buckinghamshire

DJM61 - It seems like a bit of a Mickey Mouse competition doesn't it and how can Club's be invited from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire as well as from Buckinghamshire

Rhodes why is it a Mickey Mouse competition? Why should club's from Beds Northants Oxfordshire not be invited then ?

Edited by DJM61

Rhodes, it would only be a Mickey Mouse competition if you were involved somehow, but then you haven't got a club have you.

Never mind, I'm sure someone desperate will be along soon, bonjour

DJM61 - I didn't say that it was a Mickey Mouse competition, if you read my post properly I said that it seems like a bit of a Mickey Mouse competition. Inviting Club's to enter from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire seems a bit ridiculous to me but if you say why not then who am I to argue

DJM61 - I didn't say that it was a Mickey Mouse competition, if you read my post properly I said that it seems like a bit of a Mickey Mouse competition. Inviting Club's to enter from Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire seems a bit ridiculous to me but if you say why not then who am I to argue

So it's not a fully fledged Mickey Mouse competition but only partially a Mickey Mouse competition.

Thanks for clearing that up, Cliff.

So it's not a fully fledged Mickey Mouse competition but only partially a Mickey Mouse competition.

Thanks for clearing that up, Cliff.

Well maybe Cliff has a point, with the likes of Aylesbury United and Leighton Town in the competition......think he's just won himself p***k of the year (again)

Ref Off Ref - What are you talking about, Leighton Town aren't in the competition