Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Buckingham Charity Senior Cup - 2010/2011

Rhodes

Ref Off Ref - Well here it is in black and white, Buckingham Town probably just want Padbury United out of their hair asap so they can lock up and go home, I find that's what groundshares are usually like with the host Club:

http://www.clubwebsi...port&id=2701222

Great link to nothing there Rhodes...?

• 2 weeks later...

I have it on good authority that Mursley United were unable to raise a team last night for their Semi Final Second Leg tie at Daventry United however they did not let Daventry know until shortly after 5.00pm who were understandably not best pleased.

I have it on good authority that Mursley United were unable to raise a team last night for their Semi Final Second Leg tie at Daventry United however they did not let Daventry know until shortly after 5.00pm who were understandably not best pleased.

Perhaps it was 5.00pm before they realised that they weren't able to raise a team?

Horace - Well maybe however it's still a poor show isn't it, I'll be surprised if Daventry aren't awarded the tie and receive a passage through to the Final

Do we know Mursley United's fate as yet and whether the Semi Final is going to be awarded to Daventry, surely it has to be

• 1 month later...

Not entirely SSML related but I thought some members might be interested in seeing a report on last Monday's Final from another's Forum:

Cogenhoe United 4 Daventy United 3

Buckingham Charity Cup Final (Played at Buckingham Town F.C)

Admission £5 with programme

Tea 70p

My first visit to Ford Meadow for a couple of seasons.The lovely little ground never changes,and is always a pleasure to go to.Some superb people run the Club,and provide a warm and very friendly welcome to one and all.

Having seen both sides already in UCL games this term,I was hoping for a good encounter,on what looked like a very hard pitch indeed.Cogenhoe opened the scoring on 45 seconds,and indeed could have doubled the lead within a minute.However by the 14th minute it was 2-0,and the game only looked to be heading one way.Daventry had other ideas though,and pulled a goal back on 20 minutes,and thats the way it stayed up to the break.A very entertaining and cleanly contested first half.

Second half saw Daventry show a determined attitude drawing level 5 minutes into the period,and then taking the lead for the first time,a quarter of an hour later.The game really now was anybodys,and still played in a good spirit and mood.Cogenhoe were refusing to be beaten and added a 3rd of their own with 10 minutes left on the clock to bring the scores back level again.

With extra time looming,and 52 minutes on the clock for the second half,a howler from the Daventry keeper,saw him fell an opponent in the box.The yellow card was shown,the penalty dispatched and Cogenhoe took the lead again to make the score 4-3.

Another couple of minutes play,and the whistle was blown to end a superb game on a lovley spring evening,at a proper NON clinical ground.