Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is this for real?

Surely this is some sort of joke James? board or directors & mangers keeping the club in the conference?

The club is in a position which we have worked hard to get into, and when it finally gets there, the board don't have a clue how to run a club at this level, and are proving more incompetent every match. Okay, credit where it's due, they have done well for the club in the past by getting us promoted but is that it? Where's the evidence that the board of directors and manager are the right people for a club in this division? What are they doing to keep us here and built on last season?

If it's not Andy's fault then who's is it? It's certainly not the supporters fault. There lucky to have approx. 1000 turning up week in week out, and if they go the way there going they will waste the best change this club has ever had.

Fleet fan - your inane rant doesn't even warrant a reply.

Reply is clearly aimed towards James. Hence '"Surely this is some sort of joke James"

Last statement is simply an acknowledgement that 'fleet fan's' message has been read by myself, and a response to other uses that I simply don't have time to comment in further depth on his misguided and somewhat moronic babbling.

If either 'Vera' or 'Fleet Fan' would like to discuss this point further then maybe you could jot down your feelings and if I'm ever stuck in a lift I may choose to read through them, Otherwise…just to busy I'm afraid.

Hope this helps, now back to the original posting children…

Who actually knows Carlos? No-one....? Thought not. It's probably Bentley in disguise!! If 40 people DO actually start protesting outside the ground, then that's 40 people we would rather STAY outside the ground. If you really want to have a good whinge, start supporting Dartford instead.

What utter rubbish. Why not make yourself really usefully on Saturday

and come in the ground and help the Supporters Ass sell the Golden Goal tickets, then settle down and watch the game.

We are all having our say about the team and which one we would like to be picked, but calling for any sort of demonstration is a joke, If you are such a wonderful supporter I take it you were at Halifax on Saturday, and saw how well the team played, and how hard the lads plus the management are trying.

Use all your frustration about us not having a point by getting behind the lads on Saturday.

Hmmm, an interesting perspective Jessica.

I have never said that the lads and the management have not been trying very hard. Unfortunately there is quite a difference between trying and achieving. I could have played ninety minutes at centre-forward on Saturday, and believe me I would have tried very hard indeed, the fact remains that I do not have the natural talent to succeed in this area, and no amount of trying I'm afraid will rectify that. The point I am making is not aimed at the commitment and effort of the aforementioned , more a suggestion that those in key positions within this club are not suited to the level that we have now achieved, and are not in my opinion well equipped enough to take the club forward in the way we would all like to see.

When a lower division club goes about the task of assembling a playing staff and management team with which to obtain promotion to a higher league the people selected initially may not be the same people present when promotion has been achieved. This is no criticism of the players used at a lower level, just an observation that they may not posses the talents required for future progress..

Well now, Carlos and DA11GNFC, let us look at what you are suggesting:

"A demonstration and vocal protest to highlight our plight", "joining the demonstration in the hope of stopping the rot and outing the incompetent Ford". To whom will our "plight" be highlighted and what will this faceless agency be able to do about it? How will the "rot" be stopped and who will replace "the incompetent Ford"? All this after three matches, something must be done, after all there are only 39 more games to go! This forum allows free speech (quite rightly) but please come up with some sensible suggestions for a way forward other than "demonstrate", "protest", "sack the Manager", none of which is constructive in any way. The Board of Directors are not fools, neither is Andy Ford. Running any sort of organisation is never easy and the measure of competence is how problems are dealt with. I haven't met Andy, but I have met Brian and Jason, both of whom struck me as eminently sensible business men whose function is to put in place a structure under good business principles, that enables the Manager to concentrate on the football side within the budgetary constraints. To use a hackneyed phrase, this is a marathon not a sprint. The time has not yet come to enter into major changes and if and when that time does arrive (in the judgement of the Board), I am sure that the appropriate action will be taken

Carlos could you please tell us who you have in mind to "replace" our "incompetent board, manager" etc. Your words not mine. I do not think we would have ever made the Conference under previous chairmen, boards, managers, etc, because quite frankly they would never have got our ground up to conference level standard so the promotion just would not have come. I am one of the 300-400 people who supported this club through all the bad times. I made the train journey with others to Barrow and saw us relegated, and guess what we

didn't complain, our biggest worry was when a young player Alan Fisk got a head injury, and had to get home to Tilbury, and Trevor Bonneywell told us not to worry as he would see he got home. That is the kind of spirit that has got the club where it is today. That is my final comment on the matter. Have better things to be doing.

SuperDaz,

No, not in it's entirety but certain changes may be brought about which would assist larger scale developments later on…

Maybe an organised protest at the moment would not achieve a certain objective, what I feel it would achieve, and what needs to be understood is that this club needs to harness the potential that now exists at Stonebridge Road and channel it positively for our own benefits.

The face of football and the face of Gravesham are changing rapidly and beyond recognition. We need to solidify our position within the conference and enhance our own reputation and standing within the borough in order to move forward positively. I for one am not content with the theory that what has benefited us in the past will benefit us in the future. I appreciate the effort and commitment done to get us where we are today, and am thankful for their input as I'm sure you all are. I am merely raising the issue that we have achieved a certain target, and unless there is some restructuring we may unfortunately find ourselves in the position of having to achieve the very same target again in a year or so time.

I'm not sure you know what my ideas are exactly, so to say at this stage whether or not they would work would be putting it bluntly 'playing a guessing-game'.

I have already said what the aims of this club should be - cementing it's place in the conference and attracting more supporters throughout the area. That's simple, and I'm sure the board are more than aware of that. What I am asking is how are they going about doing it? What are they doing to enhance the standing of GNFC within Gravesham? Do they have the necessary resources or at least the means of generating them in order to run a Conference football club successfully. It's okay to look back on season's gone by, where a certain attitude and spirit got us through, that's fine and that has a place in the future, but we cannot be reliant on these virtues alone, we are now competing at a higher level, against clubs with different histories and different reputations to those we have faced week in week out in the past.

We need to have new ambitions targets but also be able to provide evidence that these targets can be achieved. This clubs needs to be at the forefront of a rapidly developing area.

I am not convinced that the present approach is the correct approach at this level and am only highlighting that we should all be asking questions about which way the club is going and raising points about where we would like it to be going. To accept that the board always know what's best with out questioning there judgement is naïve and foolhardy.

I dont think the results are the important things here. Its the level of peformance that have been VERY POOR, but like everyone else

once we get the Big target man, i feel results

will come. We just need someone who can hold the ball up, and play the game in the opponents half. Please dont give Carlos the attention he is looking for.

WHile I don't agree with Carlos, and I certainly don't agree with ground protests, he has at least set out his arguments in a sensible and relatively balanced way.

I'm all for jumping down someone's throat if they come on here spouting inane b*llocks with not even the merest thread of a coherent argument, but Carlos has set his points out however (in)valid some of us find them.

This is a forum, and as I said I don't agree with him, but I appreciate his right to make a point sensibly.

Correct me if i am wrong but surely the time for you to put all your questions to Brian and the board was during the recent supporters trust meeetings.

If you feel that you have a valid proposal and idea for the future of the club then i am sure that the club will listen. However, to coin a phrase, i think you are all piss and wind.

If you want proof of where the club is going, i would be more than happy to let you borrow my 'McCluskey years' video - you think we have got problems now !

After the Villa game i become disallusioned myself, and when i returned to the club under Andy and Brians lead the difference was remarkable.

People comment on Andy's style, but i would personally have a manager who wears his heart on his sleeve than one that listens to every 'supporters' whim. You dont spend this long at the club and not care.

One final note - if the protest does take place outside the ground i would support the club in every effort to ensure that those responsible are identified and banned. Lets be honest - you are not going to be doing anyone a favour so dont let yourselves believe you are.

people have asked already and i am curious. What are your solutions to our "current problems"? Like Stu M i can agree with, at least you arent spouting inane crap. I feel, however, that a protest outside the ground will not be beneficial for your cause at all!! I think you should think about what you are saying. I mean if you were saying this after 6 or 10 games, understandable, but 3 games!! Were you at Halifax on saturday? You would have been able to see we are improving and how much the players and management want it, it will come, BELIEVE in your team! We went through a much worse run last season, the lowest point being the 2-0 to Kettering, Andy turned it around then, so why cant he now? I'm right behind Andy like a lot of supporters are.

I haven't got a problem with his views on here.

I do, however, have a problem with the negative publicity certain clowns seem intent on bringing to the club.

All it will do is make the club even more of a laughing stock to the rest of the conference (when I say even more, I mean that the other clubs don't take us seriously as it is!)

I am at the forfront for a democratic society, and indeed have echoed S Daz in his comments for a forum of debate, and I believe Stu M has voiced his comments as such.....vis a vis everyone is entitled to his or her opinion...not got a problem with that.....but....a protest outside the ground at 14.00 ?? bad move !!......it's the fat Boys on the piss weekend,with people coming from as far as Yorkshire for the traditional 24 August extravaganza...which starts on Friday 22 August and, thus, we will be arriving at the ground at 14.00...our sole aim ? to consume copious amounts of ale/apple juice....and cheer Gravesend onto victory.......

...what's the point of this rambling I hear you say......

well...please don't get in the way of our route through the turnstiles and to the bar !!...there's a good chap !!

Regards,

attentat.gif