Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-August 17 )

• Photo
    Historian

• Photo
    I am Spartacus

• Photo
    Ritchie

• Photo
    Monkey8

• Photo
    TowerHamletsAdam

• Photo
    ExCalibur

• Photo
    ExLandlord (HUFC)

Photo

Hullbridge v Enfield

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
16 replies to this topic

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Report, photos from Hullbridge game, Barking, Tring and all preseason games are now on the website www.enfieldfc.co.uk
Great strike from Wes yesterday, goal of the game. Good performance against a Hullbridge side that never gave up trying and also the strong wind. Should be a good night tuesday, 1st competitive game in the borough for nearly 11 years. Will get a few photos of this historic night, i hope a few more of you will come to the game.

offline Pretty Vacant

Pretty Vacant
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Report, photos from Hullbridge game, Barking, Tring and all preseason games are now on the website www.enfieldfc.co.uk
Great strike from Wes yesterday, goal of the game. Good performance against a Hullbridge side that never gave up trying and also the strong wind. Should be a good night tuesday, 1st competitive game in the borough for nearly 11 years. Will get a few photos of this historic night, i hope a few more of you will come to the game.

Now I'm confused. When was your last competitive game in the borough?

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Here thay all come ........................yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Now about the match itself . It was all about Wesley . His penalty(from a blatent handball) was saved but Lee Benmore thumped in the rebound 30mins. They equalised slightly against the play 40mins , Neil Hughes puts us back in front 43mins after a great cross from Russ Williamson being nudged into Hughesy's path to nod it in . It was all pretty much E's for the rest of the game But two corking strikes from Wes Borghys rounded off a good afternoon . On 71 mins A freekick from out on the touchline beat the hullbridge keeper thumped the post and went in. but the best was with the last kick of the game with a 30+ yard volley with the Hullbridge keeper caught of guard as the ball flew past him like a missle . well done boys .

BTW, Great to see Chris Green back to his best after that sickening injury last season.

offline Tom S

Tom S
  • Reserves Coach
I'm confused as well. How can a club that was only formed a couple of years ago have played eleven years ago?

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent

I'm confused as well. How can a club that was only formed a couple of years ago have played eleven years ago?

oh, leave them alone.

they are in their own little world of what was and when etc, ........ so let them get on with it.

offline Sweetnicker

Sweetnicker
  • Reserves
  • Foes: WARE , TOWNIES, WABBEY, HARRINGEY .
  • Fav. Player(s): Matt Barlow , Elliot Davidson, Ian Dowie ,
Own little world are they ? So what own little world do you Townies belong too then . Now let me see "DIVINE RIGHTS TO CONFERENCE FOOTBALL" Now thats what I call an own little world . Posted Image

If you Townies object to Enfield 1893 then perhaps you should organise a sit down protest at their first match at Brimmo . Then everyone can see what a bunch of sh1t you lot really are .:97:
Not that anyone needs telling of course :grin:

offline Pretty Vacant

Pretty Vacant
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Own little world are they ? So what own little world do you Townies belong too then . Now let me see "DIVINE RIGHTS TO CONFERENCE FOOTBALL" Now thats what I call an own little world . Posted Image

If you Townies object to Enfield 1893 then perhaps you should organise a sit down protest at their first match at Brimmo . Then everyone can see what a bunch of sh1t you lot really are .:97:

You really are missing the point, aren't you. Posted ImageNo objection to 1893, or the shared use of Brimsdown. My objection is the history of a once great proud club being hijacked by a totally different club that has only been in existence for a couple of years. EFC folded, and nether 1893 or ETFC can claim their history. My suggestion would be for y'all to look forward, not back. Doubt that will happen though, what with the 'phoenix' poised to 'return to the borough', and all that. Posted Image

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent

You really are missing the point, aren't you. Posted ImageNo objection to 1893, or the shared use of Brimsdown. My objection is the history of a once great proud club being hijacked by a totally different club that has only been in existence for a couple of years. EFC folded, and nether 1893 or ETFC can claim their history. My suggestion would be for y'all to look forward, not back. Doubt that will happen though, what with the 'phoenix' poised to 'return to the borough', and all that. Posted Image

RETURN TO THE BOROUGH...............................Att 67. :applaus: Whats all that about ?

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent

RETURN TO THE BOROUGH...............................Att 67. :applaus: Whats all that about ?

That will be 1893's record home attendances to date

offline big guy

big guy
  • Spectator
  • Supports: enfield town ,spurs
  • Foes: gooners

That will be 1893's record home attendances to date

handbags and dawn is that with brimsdown supporter aswell

offline J B Skinner

J B Skinner
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Enfield (1893) FC Arsenal FC
  • Foes: The Donkey Lane $h!th0use mob
  • Fav. Player(s): Steve King , Tierrey Henry, Pat Rice , Tony Adams, Gary Abbott
You Townies have some kind of fixation of this club. why not fixate on your own club instead of making obnoxious statements on others ..

Oh Yes A league cup tie is hardly the game of the season , Now please just leave us be .

Edited by J B Skinner, 29 August 2010 - 03:23 PM.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent

You Townies have some kind of fixation of this club. why not fixate on your own club instead of making obnoxious statements on others ..

Oh Yes A league cup tie is hardly the game of the season , Now please just leave us be .

This is meant to come across as a friendly reply, so don't take it personally.

When you get your website and press releases making false statements concerning non-league football in the Borough of Enfield then you will get a reaction and the reaction is likely to be from somebody who supports ETFC (hardly a fixation). The 1893 statements are nothing but spin and inaccurate. It does not serve the best interests of non-league community football in our borough, at the pure best you can call yourselves as competitive rivals of ETFC albeit a step below. What is deemed very inaccurate would be your claim to being EFC, which you are 100% not, 1893 are a newly formed team (from the fallout/death of EFC) with a desire to serve the L B of Enfield (exactly what ETFC is about, albeit 10 years ahead of you.

Don't underestimate the frienship some of our supporters have towards a lot of the guys at your club on a personal front, but they've chosen to be with ETFC and will be so as long as we exist and i can't see that changing. We/I also take our hats off to the efforts put into running 1893, we just feel it's a waste of effort that will only see you guy's go the same way as BRFC.

All i've stated is a footballing based opinion open to debate, not that this has not been mentioned before.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent

Hm, ...in your dreams.:smilewinkgrin:

offline Eric's here Again

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Scunthorpe United , Aston Villa, West Ham.
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
  • Fav. Sport(s): Rugby , Boxing , Athletics.

When you get your website and press releases making false statements concerning non-league football in the Borough of Enfield then you will get a reaction and the reaction is likely to be from somebody who supports ETFC (hardly a fixation). The 1893 statements are nothing but spin and inaccurate. It does not serve the best interests of non-league community football in our borough, at the pure best you can call yourselves as competitive rivals of ETFC albeit a step below. What is deemed very inaccurate would be your claim to being EFC, which you are 100% not, 1893 are a newly formed team (from the fallout/death of EFC) with a desire to serve the L B of Enfield (exactly what ETFC is about, albeit 10 years ahead of you.

Don't underestimate the frienship some of our supporters have towards a lot of the guys at your club on a personal front, but they've chosen to be with ETFC and will be so as long as we exist and i can't see that changing. We/I also take our hats off to the efforts put into running 1893, we just feel it's a waste of effort that will only see you guy's go the same way as BRFC.

All i've stated is a footballing based opinion open to debate, not that this has not been mentioned before.

Speaking of inacuracies and false statements take a look at your Townie website . It States We have been Drawn against tennants Enfield 1893 ? Just what you lot are down there god only knows . But my point is that it gives the impression that you own the place when infact you pay rent for use of SAme as Enfield 1893 . But thats an inaccuracy only to be expected from upyourselves FC I guess .

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent

Speaking of inacuracies and false statements take a look at your Townie website . It States We have been Drawn against tennants Enfield 1893 ? Just what you lot are down there god only knows . But my point is that it gives the impression that you own the place when infact you pay rent for use of SAme as Enfield 1893 . But thats an inaccuracy only to be expected from upyourselves FC I guess .

I won't call you anything as I'd prefer to have an adult debate rather than silly name callings i.e 'Upyourselves'

Anyhow just to corect you, ETFC do NOT pay rent and are joint leaseholders of the brimmobau facilities, which are run by Goldsdown Holdings who have members of ETFC on it's committee.

1893 pay rent=being tenants. I hope this makes you more the wiser of the arrangements at the ground.

offline Eric's here Again

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Scunthorpe United , Aston Villa, West Ham.
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
  • Fav. Sport(s): Rugby , Boxing , Athletics.

I won't call you anything as I'd prefer to have an adult debate rather than silly name callings i.e 'Upyourselves'

Anyhow just to corect you, ETFC do NOT pay rent and are joint leaseholders of the brimmobau facilities, which are run by Goldsdown Holdings who have members of ETFC on it's committee.

1893 pay rent=being tenants. I hope this makes you more the wiser of the arrangements at the ground.

FOXTROT OSCAR :288:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus