Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Telford

Richard C

Quote from kentonline:

Gravesend will be without Francis Duku (thigh) for two weeks, while Steve McKimm (calf), Robin Trott (foot), Ben Abbey (knee) and Ade Pennock (Achilles) are doubtful for the next two games.

Is it just me or is that every player that has been playing well!!!!!!! talk about up against it!!!! our three centre backs out!!?? interesting prospects this week.........

Its going to be my first game of the season (been away). If they look OK I will make the trip on Monday. Its still early days so lets hope everybody can get behind the team with lots of the right noise. A clean sheet would be lovely and a win would be marvellous (not a miracle I hope). Come on Gravesend.

I always remember driving back from Chertsey after the 3-2 FA Cup game. Nothing worse than loosing in the 99th minute. I hate travelling away when somehow you know its not going to happen. I will freely admit to being the type of supporter that goes to all the home games but away only when the team are looking good. Thats better than not going to any matches at all. Ive supported the Fleet since 1968 anfd a 1-1 draw with Salisbury. Ive been to Minehead, Colwyn Bay, struggled to find Bashley and Ruislip Town. When im sure theres no hope..I just cant face it. Nothing wrong with that. I support the team..Mr Fleetman.

Continuing the theme of driving back from disaterous performances I remember Egham(FA Cup)& Harlow Town(FA Trophy) as the two worst performances I ever witnessed as a Fleet follower

although I agree with carjam Chertsey was [****!!****] but then there are so many wonderful memories as well Barnet, Kettering and Villa.

Ashford Town in the Kent Senior Cup semifinal we lost 2-1 and had the worst penalty decision ever given against us I also remember losing 1-0 at Ashford the day after I got back from Honeymoon taking my wife of just over one week to the match I knew at that point the Honeymoon was over and i dont think she has ever come to the football with me again

Dartford, BHL Premier Division, Boxing Day 1989. My first away trip, I was only 14 - parents had gone somewhere for the afternoon, so I had to walk back from Watling Street. It was a price worth paying, I thought.... until we got walloped 5-0 and the long stretch through Greenhithe and Swanscombe had me wondering why I'd ever considered such a venture.

Yeh ive seen the costumed mascots and I wrote into the club about becoming one (I would fund myself) but have had no reply. At most of the clubs I have been to (bar Leigh hahah) they have this and it gives it more of a family feeling and less of a grown up men type of game. If anyone knows who I could contact to see if the club would be intersted in having a mascot please let me know. Or if anyone who reads this forum coud make a decision on this that would be greatfully recived!!

Dartford 5 Fleet 0... the best thing was that the Fleet won the return fixture when I believe it was Micky Crowe that done the 633 squadron celebration all the way down the pitch. Add to that that Dartford and Peter Taylor blew the championship with his team of stars and it all came out alright in the end.