Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dosnt your manager appreciate the supporters

I would normally wish to see a giant killing act between a non league side against a nationwide div 1 side in the F.A. CUP however having been the unprovoked victim of verbal foul abuse from the Canvey Island manager / Chairman at a recent Ryman league cup match, I am of the impression that this man is not only rude to supporters but arrogant and greedy.He can be doing no good whatever for the travelling supporters of Canvey for whom I have the greatest respect, when he has demanded that the gate admission at Turf Moor is set at £14 ( I understand he wanted it raised to £18 ) instead of the £6 suggested by Burnley.Surely it is an expensive enough day out anyway, why should you be expected to pay so heavily to see your club away from home when its your own managers insistence if I understand it correctly.I wonder if Mr King realy has a passion for local football or does he just wish to expand his own kingdom ?

i dont no how u can say dat!

the reason y jeff king did dat iz coz they dont ave so many supporters as burnly! dat woz most probly coz dat woz burnlys normal price and they wanted 2 put it down and then they would ave more supporters!

jeff kings the ryman manager of the year! and believe me he iz!

and u can say wot u want but jeff doesnt do i 4 da money he doesnt it coz he enjoys it and his good @ it!

i dont where ure jealous or sum fing but i can tell u!

URE SO WRONG!

I totally agree with you Keith, I'm sorry for the fans who spent a fortune travelling to Burnley that they lost but not for the club itself, non-league football can do without the likes of King! As for Holly could you try and learn at least the basics of the English language before sending in another message!

Well Canvey I think you acredited yourself reasonably well, but a 4-1 scoreline could perhaps be classed as a stuffing.Now the matter has been resolved perhaps I may relate to the incident that caused me to resent your manager ( not supporters or team ) so much.It was after the final whistle at the Ryman league cup game at Bishops Stortford against canvey. Prior to the match canvey were greeted onto the pitch by a tunnel of stortford players to congratulate them on their F.A victory over Northampton,in the previous round 3 days earlier.Both teams had weakened sides, stortfords because they were hoping to rest injured players in time for the local boxing day derby against Harlow Town, and canvey due to the sundays victory.Canvey played well and deserved their victory over stortford on the night. As the players left the pitch the gateman at the tunnel wished Geoff King all the best at Burnley and as a bystander I echoed those sentiments but added the words " although Burnley are top of div 1 and you could get stuffed " nothing malicious was meant at all by this statement, however Mr King retaliated by saying you ( Bishops Stortford ) get stuffed every game ( fortunately untrue )and F*** off you silly old c*** ( meaning me, and I do resent being called old )This took me back a bit as I considered a man of Mr Kings position and standing would not stoop so low as to use such foul and abusive language towards a total stranger, who is regarded reasonably well within my local community, and in front of women and children as well.Hence for the first time ever I took the side of the league club today and smiled at the thought of Mr King taking a stuffing for a change.I would like to say " who is silly now "( no need to use Mr Kings obscene words,I like to think I have more intelligance than that), although I do accept that financially he has won.As I have said previously,in my opinion his arrogance and attitude does no justice to non league football, its a sport not a Kingdom building eago trip and we would do better without such characters.

Bishop Fan - Have read your postings on the Claret site gobbing off on there too and one thing points out about you is that you are one bitterly jealous 'Sad Sod'. just do as you have been advised(P*ss Off).<p>[ 06 January 2002: This message was edited by: vic ]</p>

Keith, what King did and said is appalling, if it had happened at a pro game with cameras and police present he would be on an FA charge at least! Even if you had said something you shouldn't there is no excuse for King using that sort of language, especially in front of woman and children. As I said before the non-league game can do without his sort who are just in it for an ego trip! Perhaps Canvey fans, the vast majority of whom are no doubt decent people, will understand why their club is becoming more disliked than Aldershot and their charming manager, perhaps when Borg gets the boot King will give him a job at Canvey? Now there is a pair who really deserve each other!

Vic, have you never heard of putting brain into gear, assuming you have one, before opening mouth, or in this case sending message?

If all you, and the other half wit, can do is come out with abuse then you have clearly lost the argument! If you disagree with me that means you obviously think using foul and abusive language in front of women and children is quite acceptable, says a lot for you! If you'd like to explain exactly why you disagree with me then I look forward to hearing it, if all you can come out with is more drivel then find a more suitable message board for it!

Vic, have you never heard of putting brain into gear, assuming you have one, before opening mouth, or in this case sending message?

If all you, and the other half wit, can do is come out with abuse then you have clearly lost the argument! If you disagree with me that means you obviously think using foul and abusive language in front of women and children is quite acceptable, says a lot for you! If you'd like to explain exactly why you disagree with me then I look forward to hearing it, if all you can come out with is more drivel then find a more suitable message board for it!

John - Go post your messages on another board this is Canvey FC and I am a supporter.

Get your own head into gear and you may not have to repeat your pathetic 'boring to read' messages.

Your trashy jealous messages are becoming a yawn, talk some sense, get a life, insult someone and you will no doubt get an insulting reply.

Goodbye.

A target a mile wide and all stupid (see his privious nonsense postings). <p>I wouldn't even bother Vic. Let's talk about our fantastic team that is causing so much jealousy from across the water.<p>Merv CIFC

Well said.<p>Average Burnley attendance (in the region of) 16000. Actual attendance 11496.<p>16000 @ £6 a head = £96,000

11,496 @ £14 a head = £160,944

Financial advantage of charging the higher price = £64,944<p>Not a SINGLE complaint from a Canvey fan. Loads from the Crawshaw geezer (didn't actually see him at the game. Anyone else see him?)<p>Result: Canvey 64944 - 0 Crawshaw<p>Now take Jeff's rather non-politacally correct advice.

Vic, you have just proved my point again, more hysterical ranting and raving but nothing constructive at all! You still haven't explained on which points you disagree with me, whether or not my messages are boring to read there is at least a point to them unlike yours, all you can come up with are pathetic insults, but the only person you are insulting is yourself! And what gives you and your pal Merv the idea that anyone is jealous? Goodbye to both of you!

Oh a late one from Frenchy, can't let that go unanswered! Not a single complaint from a Canvey fan you claim? Well I wonder how many decided not to go because of the prices, don't they count as complaints? As a Canvey fan said, Mick I think his name was, in an earlier posting, the team don't get the crowd they deserve but the club do! I think that says it all!

Now perhaps you'd like to take the advice of the chairman that you so richly deserve!!

Oh a late one from Frenchy, can't let that go unanswered! Not a single complaint from a Canvey fan you claim? Well I wonder how many decided not to go because of the prices, don't they count as complaints? As a Canvey fan said, Mick I think his name was, in an earlier posting, the team don't get the crowd they deserve but the club do! I think that says it all!

Now perhaps you'd like to take the advice of the chairman that you so richly deserve!!