Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dosnt your manager appreciate the supporters

Thanks for your support John, I am glad you can see the point I am making. It seems that whatever the manager is suffering from that makes him stoop so low as to using foul abusive language to anyone that passes criticism is highly contagious in Canvey Island.Can anyone tell me the last time Mr King publicly said anything nice about an opposing team ? No I am not jealous,I hope you gain the promotion you want ( I almost said deserve )to the conference and eventually the football league,then you will realy see how tough it is for a small supported team to survive, unless Mr King or you, the supporters, are prepared to pay excessively, but then you have already indicated that the cost to the supporter dosnt matter does it.

John, John, <p>Just Just for for your your information information ((I I understand understand you you like like the the messages messages posted posted twice twice))...<p>We took 5 coaches of fans to Port Vale,

We took 5 coaches of fans to Chester,

We took 5 coaches of fans to Wigan,

You'll be surprised to hear that...

We took 5 coaches of fans to Burnley. About average for a big away game, I would have thought.<p>Gosh, they stayed away in their droves, didn't they?<p>You'll be more surprised to hear that at the clubhouse on Thursday night, our travel organiser, Chris Gardener, had to turn down fans as the coaches he had already booked were full. So, in fact, there were lots of other fans who wanted to pay £14 but couldn't.<p>Burnley fans came onto this discussion board and warned us that only about 3000 would turn up. Just like you - WRONG. Repeat - WRONG.<p>BTW Advice of the Chairman? I thought it was the comments of the manager Jeff King that you objected to. What has Ray Cross (the Chairman) got to do with it? Or are your arguments bit fuddled again? <p>That would make a change - NOT

I did a search to try and find Mick's complaint, as mentioned by John John Crawshaw Crawshaw.<p>All I found was a posting by Mick where he admits -<p>"I go to Canvey only perhpas 10 times a season"<p>so I suppose the club might be forgiven in not basing their pricing policy around such a devout follower of the Yellow Army.<p>I then tried a more detailed search but couldn't find any reference to Mick saying -<p>"The team doesn't get the crowd they deserve but the club do."<p>Beggar me, John. Get your arguments sorted out before the Canvey fans think you're a laughing stock.<p>Merv CIFC<p>BTW Canvey fans saying, 'He, he he he he he he..."

Well done Canvey Island, u were definately one of the better teams i have seen all season at the Turf. u matched as 4 a long time, but in the end the right result was found.<p>However, i think it was so stupid of u 2 expect us 2 offer full prices 4 a FA Cup match.

With all due respect, people are not going to want to pay £19-00 to watch a non league side. More Burnley fans would have come to the match had the prices we suggested been used, and so in the end, you would have just as much money, but more people would've been able to see a good football match. I think it was quite greedy of you 2 expect that you deserve class A status, although well done on playing so well.

why dont you two(bishop and J.C.) start a 'i hate canvey' board somewhere?...you could put links on it to 'i'm so sensitive, if someone im slating is beastly back to me i'll post messages everywhere saying how much i hate him the horrible man' bit of a long website address i agree, but you both seem to enjoy typing long pointless sentences<p>[ 06 January 2002: This message was edited by: CANV ]</p>

Frenchy, I'll stand corrected on that last point unlike certain others I can admit to being wrong

I must admit I had not heard of Ray Cross I though King was chairman as well, after all I gather he does virtually own the whole island. I don't recall making any forecasts on how many fans would travel to Burnley so how can I be wrong? Regardless of how many coach loads did go and the fact that bookings were turned down on Thursday because the coaches you'd booked were full is irrelevant, you will never know how many more would have gone if the club had not increased the prices just as you don't know how many more will turn up at Park Lane each week if the club stopped charging over the odds.

As for Keith you are welcome to my support, King is just a foul mouthed yob just like the soon to be ex manager at Aldershot,non-league football can do without them. If Canvey fans want success at any price then fine, I don't thats why I watch non-league rather than pro football. If Canvey do make it to the football league they certainly will find it a whole new ball game and we'll see then how loyal certain people are! All the best Keith I am sure that like me you'd sooner watch your football at a club that treats fans with respect.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Crawshaw:

I don't recall making any forecasts on how many fans would travel to Burnley so how can I be wrong?<hr></blockquote><p>What you actually said in your posting at 5:11 this evening was, "Well I wonder how many fans decided not to go because of the prices, don't they count as complaints?"<p>My point is that as many fans decided to go to this game as previously decided to go to other away games of equal stature. That is, there were no complaints. It's only you that seems to be bothered about the admission price at Turf Moor. But you have already stated that you have no desire to ever watch Canvey again. So what's your beef? You won't be missed and we can do without your belly-aching.<p>If Ray Cross (club chairman) were able to read this message (he is on holiday at the moment) he would echo the sentiments already expressed.<p>Come on, ol' son, it's been a bit of fun, but now it is time for you to log on to www.imasadgeezerwithabeeinhisbonnet.com where you will find several of your followers willing to discuss matters at your level.<p>[ 06 January 2002: This message was edited by: Frenchy ]</p>

Merv, you didn't search hard enough, I'm afraid its you that needs to get your arguments sorted before you make yourself a laughing stock!!

Under the poor attitude to prices heading a message was posted by Mick (Member 477) at 8.17pm on Dec 24th in which he says (quote) "Canveys crowds are not what the team deserve but I think they are what the club deserve".

OK not word for word what I said but the sentiments are exactly the same, no point in splitting hairs is there?

Large slice of humble pie eh Merv?

He,he,he,he,he,he.he!

No need for humble pie, just lashing of apple pie with ice cream - I'll succumb to that. Like you, I'll admit when I am wrong and I did miss Mick's posting that was on page 3 of an earlier thread.<p>But I don't see how the opinion of Mick, one fan out of an average of 625 (second highest in the Ryman premier, by the way) who visits about ten times per season, plus yourself of course (who has threatened never to come back again), should cause greate concerns at Park Lane.<p>Life is all about making choices. Shall I pay to go to Canvey for what Mick describes in the same posting, "...there's every chance the visitor will see a quality performance from at leason one quality team..." or shall I stay away.<p>I wouldn't dare to ask for an opinion on that one, unless you are more thick skinned than I thought.<p>Merv CIFC

Hope the pie was nice Merv, I'd say an average crowd of 625 does rather prove the point that Mick made. Just to clear up a few other points, without going over old ground, I've never heard of Carjam and I don't hate Canvey or any other team, I thought non-league fans were above that sort of thing.

John

you keep on bleating about how much it costs to go to Burnley, I spent £40 for that day and I have got to say it was the one of the most enjoyable days I have had watching Canvey! I have spent more money on a night out and not had such a good time!

So you don't go to Premier side games as their to expensive? I agree on that and thats just one of the many reasons I watch NonLeague! Now 8 quid is = to what in Premier game terms , Erm, half a match, Oh and Canvey are not the only club to charge that, See Aldershot prices! so already theirs value for money 2 non league games for the price of 1 Premier ship side game.

Last thing, there is Ye ole saying you pay for what you get! Canvey £8 with the exception to Aldershot all the rest non league sides charging slightly less! I rest my case

Mick,I think I'd agree with most of what you say, nice to find someone who can hold a reasoned debate rather than throwing pathetic childish insults like some I could mention!

I don't think I've quoted you out of context in anyway, in fact the message I refered to I couldn't have put better myself. Can't agree with you trying to excuse Kings foul language though, even if it is no better or worse than others in the Ryman, which I'd dispute, it doesn't make it right, do you think swearing in front of women and children is OK? I couldn't imagine Geoff Chapple behaving like that, OK I know Woking aren't in the Ryman but lets not split hairs. Mind you on TV King came over as a perfect gent, of course they wouldn't broadcast swearing so why should fans put up with it? If clubs like Canvey are allowed to get away with rip off prices there is a danger that non-league will go the same way as the pro game and not many people want that! I wouldn't count too many chickens yet about Conference football, big game tomorrow night and a long way to go yet!

yup a big big game tomorrow and i for one would only ever count my chickens if we were 20 points ahead with 7 to play .. are you coming to the game john as i hear we are only charging 3 quid to get in? as the opposition is only a ryman league team<p>[ 07 January 2002: This message was edited by: CANV ]</p>

Take one pace forward, those who have heard the saying "when you're up to your neck in a hole, it's time to stop digging" or the other one about alligators and swamps.....

Crawshaw, BishopsFan, - who told you that YOU could move?????

I'm flattered that you should all take so much time searching for my old postings. As you will no doubt recall, I tried to strike a balance. I do rather resent selected bits of my messages being quoted, out of context, to support an extreme view.<p>Even to a casual supporter (actually my 10 to 12 games probably ranks me at somewhere between 450 and 600 and well above most of the people at the Northampton game and quite a few of those at Burnley), it is obviously very exciting times at Park Lane and I'm very much looking forward to Conference football next season.<p>I did comment that I felt some of Canvey's financial decisions were slightly distasteful - cup prices/seasons etc but frankly if it were very cheap and the football was rubbish my 10 to 12 games would quickly become 1 or 2. As for Mr King's language, I've played against him, refereed some of his matches and it's no better and no worse than most in Ryman Football. How it compares to Conference we'll hopefully see quite soon!

John - Your timing has been a bit out, you have hit us with an argument that has been splashed about for the past few weeks and we are just about fed up with hearing the same old bleating. No one likes to hear swearing in front of women and children (mind I have heard some foul mouthed women in my time and also children in recent years) but you have only heard the story from one side and straight away you jump on the 'Lets have another go at Canvey theme'. It does get a little boring and annoying to us Canvey supporters, that is why you met with agreat deal of resistance toward your postings.

It is also somewhat rude for you as a visitor to this board in suggesting to a Canvey supporter to go post elsewhere!!