Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GCSE results!

Quote:
The Invisible Man said:
Well done you whipper-snappers. Aim high. You're only young once and the world is your mollusc.

Soil erosion, eh? But do you know the capital of Mongolia, or Bolivia?

Does the national curriculum include Trafalgar or Agincourt?

Bah! Humbug!

Please don't think I'm aiming this at you, Invis as I really don't mean it to, but there are constant snipes aimed at those at school and college re what they know about the worlds geography and British history. I agree, the curriculum at the moment is shocking, esp geography, but it does seem that 99% of the time this frustration is aimed at the students and not those who a re actually at fault - successive governments. It is they who decide and continuously **** up what we learn and yet time after time seem to get away with it.

One day we will get a decent govt who will finanlly implement policies that will be for the good of the contry on a long-term basis and not until the next election.

Unfortunately, I can't see thins happenening for a very long time.

Absolutely LMU, can't blame the young scamps for what they're taught or not taught!

It seems to me that the History curriculum is absurd - do Native Americans really deserve a whole term???? An interesting people, sure, but not terribly significant on the world stage (except to them of course) on a basic general course like GCSE.

The GCSE History syllabus should really be renamed GCSE Modern History. It's all Bolsheviks and the rise of Fascism.

Not a mention of prehistory anywhere... but then I'm biased!