Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 0 - 3 Canvey Island

ShedBoy

Well its been a while since we have come away from the delights of Bridge Ave with 3 points..

To be fair it was a game we deserved to win through our effort and ability to deal with what can only be described as the worst playing surface i have seen for a long time. The grass was 3 inches long for 3/4 of the pitch and straw like for the other quarter.. Not sure why it was in such bad condition, did your mower break down?

3 defo pens after clear fouls on Rowey twice and Jason Hallett, Rob King put all 3 pens away with great confidence.. I thought the Ref had a ok game although im sure our Urchin friends will disagree, what he done well was he always kept up with play which meant he was in the right areas to give decesion..

As for the game we tried to play but found it difficult to move the ball around quickly on the long grass which meant we had no option but to play a more direct style. We looked solid at the back and the midfield pairing of Matt Game & Rob King were excellent.

Disapointing crowd but was to be expected with England playing the same night. We still had 40 -50 driving the lads on.

Roll on the FA Cup on Saturday..

More like 25 fans,the ref was shocking

the pitch looks a lot worse than it is,it is deceptive because of the problems we had cutting it 2 weeks ago when the mower broke,it was cut a couple of days ago but grass tends to grow quickly with heavy rain but it's nowhere neat 3 inches

back to the ref,I spoke to a few Of your fans who said he was a joke,how he didn't award us a penalty in the first half was the biggest joke of the night

Don't get me wrong,you was the better side and deserved the victory even though like us you hardly had a shot on goal all night

More like 25 fans,the ref was shocking

the pitch looks a lot worse than it is,it is deceptive because of the problems we had cutting it 2 weeks ago when the mower broke,it was cut a couple of days ago but grass tends to grow quickly with heavy rain but it's nowhere neat 3 inches

back to the ref,I spoke to a few Of your fans who said he was a joke,how he didn't award us a penalty in the first half was the biggest joke of the night

Don't get me wrong,you was the better side and deserved the victory even though like us you hardly had a shot on goal all night

It's easy to say the ref was okay when you win 0-3 and easy to say the ref was poor when you lose 0-3.

I personally think he wasn't very good and made some questionable decisions (no arguments with two of the three penalties),

I also think that even if the ref was the best ever and that decisions went Hornchurch's way that Canvey would have still deserved to win.

I wasn't there so cant comment, but it's sounds like we got a ref who gave us something for a change. Makes a pleasant change after some of the clowns we have had over the past couple of seasons :smilewinkgrin:

I was on my way to the game but a little bird who recently gave birth told me her other half would be out for a couple of hours so I nipped round and filled my boots :smilewinkgrin: