Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Photo

AFC Hornchurch 0 - 3 Canvey Island

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Well its been a while since we have come away from the delights of Bridge Ave with 3 points..

To be fair it was a game we deserved to win through our effort and ability to deal with what can only be described as the worst playing surface i have seen for a long time. The grass was 3 inches long for 3/4 of the pitch and straw like for the other quarter.. Not sure why it was in such bad condition, did your mower break down?

3 defo pens after clear fouls on Rowey twice and Jason Hallett, Rob King put all 3 pens away with great confidence.. I thought the Ref had a ok game although im sure our Urchin friends will disagree, what he done well was he always kept up with play which meant he was in the right areas to give decesion..

As for the game we tried to play but found it difficult to move the ball around quickly on the long grass which meant we had no option but to play a more direct style. We looked solid at the back and the midfield pairing of Matt Game & Rob King were excellent.

Disapointing crowd but was to be expected with England playing the same night. We still had 40 -50 driving the lads on.

Roll on the FA Cup on Saturday..

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
More like 25 fans,the ref was shocking
the pitch looks a lot worse than it is,it is deceptive because of the problems we had cutting it 2 weeks ago when the mower broke,it was cut a couple of days ago but grass tends to grow quickly with heavy rain but it's nowhere neat 3 inches
back to the ref,I spoke to a few Of your fans who said he was a joke,how he didn't award us a penalty in the first half was the biggest joke of the night
Don't get me wrong,you was the better side and deserved the victory even though like us you hardly had a shot on goal all night

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
More like 25 fans,the ref was shocking
the pitch looks a lot worse than it is,it is deceptive because of the problems we had cutting it 2 weeks ago when the mower broke,it was cut a couple of days ago but grass tends to grow quickly with heavy rain but it's nowhere neat 3 inches
back to the ref,I spoke to a few Of your fans who said he was a joke,how he didn't award us a penalty in the first half was the biggest joke of the night
Don't get me wrong,you was the better side and deserved the victory even though like us you hardly had a shot on goal all night

offline cup of tea

cup of tea
  • National Squad - 1st XI
It's easy to say the ref was okay when you win 0-3 and easy to say the ref was poor when you lose 0-3.
I personally think he wasn't very good and made some questionable decisions (no arguments with two of the three penalties),
I also think that even if the ref was the best ever and that decisions went Hornchurch's way that Canvey would have still deserved to win.

offline urchinman1961

urchinman1961
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: liverpool,hx and england
  • Foes: grays,rumford
  • Fav. Player(s): Courtinho
  • Fav. Sport(s): football
best team won i'm ashamed to say, banter and being silly was our only salvation on a horrible tuesday nite

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez
I wasn't there so cant comment, but it's sounds like we got a ref who gave us something for a change. Makes a pleasant change after some of the clowns we have had over the past couple of seasons :smilewinkgrin:

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
We would just like a competant ref for once,where was you tuesday fatboy???

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez
I was on my way to the game but a little bird who recently gave birth told me her other half would be out for a couple of hours so I nipped round and filled my boots :smilewinkgrin:

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
Lol hope you rubbered up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus