Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

***The Future - Please Read***

Ian_W

i am glad that your banned from the ground,you criticised our leader,our glorious leader whose word is final.no one is allowed to question our glorious leader,his actions are always correct and proper,NO dissent will be tolerated.if the leader says night is day then it is so,if he argues that 2+2=5 then you will accept such judgement.our leader is all wise and knowing.HAIL OUR GLORIOUS LEADER!!!if he states that cobb is better than boylan,than that is so.NEVER QUESTION OUR GLORIOUS LEADER!!!

i hope you get support from other fans but dont expect too much from the bumlickers and hangers on who follow you know who like lost sheep.the mugs who stand right next to the canvey dug out so they can laugh at the managers jokes and go in to work on monday and tell their mates how they were talking to jeff king at the weekend.

I have never done that but I was thinking of it now you have spoilt it for me.

last season we were standing behind the goal and not doing very well I turned to my pal and said somone should tell that fat ba^*(rd to put Ollie on (being a bit on the round side I felt qualified).

After half time we decided to go up the other end as we walked past the dug out my 10 year old shouted "OY! Kingy you fat b&^(*rd put Ollie on.

Guess what he did and scored. This year I was tempted to get him to stand behind the dug out.

All this negative stuff aside we have a good set up at Canvey from top to bottom .

ive been reading this website for years.. the amount of time i spend loafing at work i have probably read every word on it.. i cant recall seeing anything that would offend any of the club officials, they must be pretty sensitive.. sure jeff king may have copped a very rare amount of stick for tactics or whatever, i cant imagine he would give two tosses and fk me this is football, have none of the bench ever given it to the ref or linesman??

this website has given excellent coverage to this club, go back over the seasons and look at the reports, the stats, the pictures etc.. it obviously put together by people who love the club and who have travelled to country in all weather to witness great moments and some real cr.p .. they have written praising the good, and offered fair criticism for the much rarer bad.. fk me they even go the croydon!!

the official site is one of those multi club based formats that are springing up everywhere now, its average pap but it bares no comparison to this site which must be one of the top 5 non league sites...and none of it costs the club a bean..

well if the club wants to ban the producers of an indenpedent site cos they wont say we were unlucky at stortford instead of pony, then i guess they will want to ban me for saying our midfield was like the harlem globetrotters.. of course they cant because i am an 'interntional man of mystery' so ill do it for em.. ill be keeping my 9 quids and 'stella' money in my poket untill ian, matt and merv are welcomed back to the lane. camera, note pad and all (yes even that hat of yours matt..the one with canvey island written on it in 4 foot letters)...

i was always pleased that our club was run well, i'd look at other non league teams with directors not giving a toss about the fans and think ,not at canvey, those people actually do give a toss..

well if they want to run like a closed club thats up to them i guess...

next away game im at ill see if i can track you down matt to get the full story...

(Also posted on the Non-League Fans Isthmian Forum.)

At the end of last season, I stopped writing match reports for The Botwell Missionary because people were offended by my "style". NOT, I hasten to add, any of the club officials, but some of the narrow minded, pig ignorant Hayes followers who couldn't handle an alternative slant on a match and wanted to tell me what to write without bothering to post any reports themselves. It got to a point where violent threats were made. I now refuse to write for such ungrateful people.

I did so to protect my integrity, and that's what I believe would be the best way out of this for those involved. Pull the plug. Yes, it's a big sacrifice and innocent fans will suffer, but that is precisely the point. The club gets a vast amount of free publicity from this labour of love and a statement like that should make them realise just what an important service it was. I'm sure there will be enough people up in arms should the website suddenly disappear.

The Canvey Island officials in question need to realise how valued you are. Make a big gesture like this, get the public on your side and they will have to revoke their ban.

Nick Bell

(Hayes fan)

What a ridiculous situation - apparently caused by the short-sightedness of the "officials".

I am sure "the Club" still reads this site. I think that all its readers, and Ian, Matt and Merv in particular, deserve a truthful explanation of why this action has been taken.

Perhaps it can be written here, or in the Evening Echo? (after all, Dick Marshalls match reports, however critical, still appear regularly and both he and his daughter are allowed to ply their trade at Park Lane).

Along with Canv, I will vote with my feet - lets just see what Mondays attendance amounts to.

I can't believe what I've read this morning - and can't believe that the club can treat Ian, Merv & Matt like that after all the support they have given. It's disgusting. There is more than enough space on the net for two Canvey sites (not that the official one is any good) and the internet is open to free speech and expressing opinions. I hope that the club see some sense - and quick.

Ian, Matt & Merv - keep the faith guys, keep the site going and if you can't report on the home games - then that's the club's loss, as they won't be getting the publicity they had been getting.

The Canvey Website is one of the best in the League and I have even heard National Journalists talk about it with relish. The decision to ban your web team (are you really banned from entering the ground?) now that an Official site has opened is shortsighted and smacks of the paranoid. Football is all about opinions and most people's seem to differ, there is nothing new in that.

I run the Bishop's Stortford Official website and always try to report the truth, but also how I have personally read any game and that certainly must upset some but up to now, apart from being blanked every now and then, no-one has attempted censorship - as it should be. Aylesbury went through something similar not long ago, although their unofficial webbos were not banned and they continue to produce an excellent website for the fans - written by the fans. I stand fully behind you and urge you to continue to publish your site in the face of this disgraceful action. Canvey supporters should also rally behind you and blank the Official site until the decision is reversed. There is always room for multiple websites for any team. Wealdstone I believe have 7 !

I will write to your Chairman next week with my opinions and all Canvey supporters should do the same.

Even though the dislike of all things CIFC runs deep within me I must say that those who have been banned are all reasonable decent people who have a passion for their team and have always used honesty and loyalty in the same breath. My god, if my team was as unforgiving/facist as yours I would have been kicked out within weeks yet I remain there for well over 10 years now.

Fight it all the way beacause as we all know.......It's the fans who really own the clubs. Without us they would die or become thurrock.

In support.

I cannot believe that the Management of Canvey FC have stooped so low as to ban fans for having an unoffical website.

I am a supporter of Dagenham and Redbridge FC and got my nickname from being Anti-merger of the two clubs.

At no time did the management of either club ban me or threaten to ban me although I did some very close to the knuckle things.

But whether I was right or wrong I was a supporter of the club and allowed my opinion and views and your website team should be allowed the same without fear of banning or ostracising from the club they love.

A copy of this posting has been emailed to your Chief Executive. I only hope that common sense will prevail and you will be allowed to continue to support your club in the way you always have.

sorry to hear about the situation there, what about taking this story to the NLP. I think a lot a people would like to hear about this.At Enfield Town our own forum was taken off for legal reasons due to our court case. Come back soon, i do like reading your reports.

All best from ETFC.

---------------------- HMM DUFF BEER --------------------------------

hic!!!!! burrrrrrrrrppppppp!!!!!!!!! D 'OH !!!!!!!!!!

This is a discrase, This website gives many of us a reason not to work and the Canvey website is fantastic. Despite all our drunken antics the people we met from the website team make us very welcome. You have EFM's full support (if thats worth anything).

Football has always been about opinions and quite frankly the price of watching this level conbined with the obscene amount of money these part-timers get give you/us/me the right to voice an opinion, wether it be on here, in the bar or to the players faces!

Reading about this, the Hayes and Aylesbury fellows and the 'problems' with our own chairman just prove's what I suspected that non-leauge football is just full of humourless twats with a misguided sense of importance!

EFM will get behind any demonstrations that may take place on the 2nd. May I suggest that you watch the games from the behind the ground on your seawall end for the time being with your supporters also, have banners and from memory you can still see the game (I may be wrong) this will embaress the club and reduce the income on the gates.

Keep us informed and keep the faith!