Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SABOTAGE!!

Canvey Island football club should be ashamed of itself for the way it conducted itself lastnight. Canvey have deserved all the praise it has received over the last two seasons as they have consistently continued to impress and play exciting flowing football. However, alot of the hard work done recently was undone in a short space of time last night. Would it be obsurd for me to suggest that the lights were cut on purpose! Canvey were obviously not ready for this game in my opinion. The attitude of the plyers was as if they knew somrthing was going to happen. Certainly Jeff and Glen wasted no time in leaving the pitch as soon as the lights went out. The canvey players even started to shake hands with the Gravesend players as if the game was finished. If Canvey want the limelight and the glory of the cups, then they will have to accept that a heavy game schedule is inevitable like last season. They should not resort to these tactics but approach each game in a professional manner, Canvey easily have the depth in squad to outplay teams like Gravesend in my opinion their attitude stinks - SORT IT OUT CANVEY!!!!

Jeff and Glen both know that it takes at least 20 mins to get the lights working again....its happened the last two home games.

So why should they wait in the freezing cold like the rest of us mugs!

That is a very serious suggestion, Sir!

Not one that I would care to make unless I could prove it and have the money to see it through. ;-)<p>The lights have failed on two or three occassions in the past, if you had been at those games you would have known that they take a while to boost back to life, unfortunately it was not the case this time.

The local Evening paper indicates that Electrical works are due to take place this Friday in an attempt to prevent further problems.

Floodlight failure can occur at anytime and anywhere.

Is this your first experience of a floodlight failure?

Canvey supporters have experienced it a number of times at grounds throughout the Ryman League!!<p>Gravesend won the game and good luck to them but I really do not think the game should have restarted after such a long period in the dressing room and under the same conditions that stopped the game in the first place!<p>[ 09 January 2002: This message was edited by: vic ]</p>

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fraser:

<strong>Would it be obsurd for me to suggest that the lights were cut on purpose!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, it would be quite absurd. You might just as well suggest that, for example, John Crawshaw fixed the lights to go off, just so he could carry on bleating about the same old carp that he's been bleating on about for ages.<p>Hang on though. It is a thought, isn't it???<p>Merv CIFC

Anymore talk like that Merv and you'll be hearing from my solicitor! Anyway much of the 'carp' that I've been 'bleating on about for ages' was proved correct last night. A large crowd turn up, not something that the club is used to I know, and there's chaos, nowhere to park, hundreds still trying to squeeze in after the game kicked off, programmes sold out, no food or drink available and the floodlights fail in what can only be called dubious circumstances. There must also have been serious safety issues with a large crowd crammed in a pokey little ground in the dark and for the pleasure of all this fans have to pay extra!

You may as well forget promotion, regardless of what the team do on the pitch surely that dump will not be acceptable for the Conference, though with all the money King has he could have it bulldozed and rebuilt, or is he not that commited to the club?

John, you are so boring, a conversation with your solicitor would be absolute bliss after reading you for so many weeks.<p>Move over, ask your brief to log in - anything but more of your rantings.<p>Beggar the legal costs, it'll be worth it.<p>Merv CIFC<p>BTW as you are so handy with electrical bits and pieces, you couldn't pop round and have a look at my garage light, could you?

Merv, boring I may be but wrong about your beloved club I certainly am not, clearly even you haven't got any excuses for last nights fiasco! I have never claimed to be handy with electrical bits and pieces but it appears somebody at Park Lane certainly is, perhaps they can sort out your garage light, only trouble is the next time the team go 0-2 down at home your whole house will be plunged into darkness!!!

John - I am a Gravesend fan and whilst I agree with your point that swearing in the circumstances you have described elsewhere certainly should not be condoned, your continued repetition of the same arguments has got extremely boring, even to a Non Canvey fan like myself.<p>Your arguments could be summarised very briefly & 1 posting (certainly no more than 2 or 3) would have been sufficient.

Alan, yes fair point and in normal circumstances my argument would have been summarised in a few postings but when certain other people keep digging up old ground again............

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Crawshaw:

<strong>Merv, boring I may be ...</strong><hr></blockquote><p>At last, you're getting the message. You've come to terms with something Vic told you many postings ago. Well done. Recognising a problem is the first step to overcoming it (the Doc will correct me there if I am wrong).<p>Now don't be surprised if Canvey fans, taking a leaf out of your own book and mimicking your distinctive but repetative style, decide to quote the same message back to you in dozens of different ways when they refer to you, i.e. I may be boring; boring I may be; maybe I'm boring; boring? I? Maybe; may I be boring?<p>You've been a good laugh John, you have fought your corner extremely well and you have provoked a decent level of argument. But take my advice (and Merv's and Vic's and the Doctor's and Wilf's and Alan's (I could go on, but that might be ...boring)) and find a another line of debate.<p>[ 10 January 2002: This message was edited by: Frenchy ]</p>

Last word I promise, Frenchy no good just picking out the bits that suit you, I said boring I MAY be, wrong I am certainly not, even Merv couldn't come up with any excuses for the fiasco the other night! As you chose not to mention that bit presumably you know I'm right!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Crawshaw:

<strong>Last word I promise, </strong><hr></blockquote><p>Alle - blinkin' - lluia<p>Beers are on me. <p>'Bye John.