Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proud

Despite feeling very disappointed and increasingly tired, the main emotion I feel after tonights game is an immense sense of pride.

I'm proud at how we battled back from looking dead and buried at 3-1 down to pull it back to 3-3.

I'm proud at how we kept playing our passing game rather than resorting to Dartford's long ball tactics.

I'm proud at how we went right after them in extra time rather than settling for penalties.

I'm proud at how our magnificent supporters sang their hearts out for 120+ minutes and totally outsung Dartford in their own back yard.

But most of all, I'm proud to be a supporter of such a great club like Canvey Island FC. Very, very proud.

Goodnight :)

:492:

Despite feeling very disappointed and increasingly tired, the main emotion I feel after tonights game is an immense sense of pride.

I'm proud at how we battled back from looking dead and buried at 3-1 down to pull it back to 3-3.

I'm proud at how we kept playing our passing game rather than resorting to Dartford's long ball tactics.

I'm proud at how we went right after them in extra time rather than settling for penalties.

I'm proud at how our magnificent supporters sang their hearts out for 120+ minutes and totally outsung Dartford in their own back yard.

But most of all, I'm proud to be a supporter of such a great club like Canvey Island FC. Very, very proud.

Goodnight :)

:492:

Well Said Glen.

There is nothing more i can add but just needed to put my name to this. It was a fantastic, and Spirited performance.

I can't believe the Old Wimbledon style, UP & UNDER football they play. They just couldn't handle us when we played REAL FOOTBALL. The Sexy game as Ruud would say.

So WELL DONE BOYS. We are all proud. We'll just win the Trophy instead.

Let's just hope Mooro and Wardy's legs can take it . lol

After listening to the commentary last night, it sounds like we earnt a hell of a lot of respect from the Hosts and it goes on once again to prove that we have a high chance of holding our own in the Conference South.

Last night's game was a massive test for some of our players to go 120 minutes and still hold their nerve to step up to the spot.

And you know what? We get to do it all again on Saturday, cause I believe Sudbury will be a tougher game!

After listening to the commentary last night, it sounds like we earnt a hell of a lot of respect from the Hosts and it goes on once again to prove that we have a high chance of holding our own in the Conference South.

Last night's game was a massive test for some of our players to go 120 minutes and still hold their nerve to step up to the spot.

And you know what? We get to do it all again on Saturday, cause I believe Sudbury will be a tougher game!

PROUD and very unlucky are the only ways i can describe my feelings on last nights epic contest..

If last nights 2nd half and Extra Time was a boxing match Dartford would have been stopped! We played some exceptional passing football that truly tore the Darts apart, they just could not live with what we was throwing at them.. We hit the cross bar twice and the post, there keeper made 2 decent stops also.

Pens are always a lottery and unfortunatly we were the ones to lose out on this occassion. Special mention to Jason Hallett who when came on was immense and had the bottle to take a pen, this after hearing the sad news that his Father only has a short time to live. Respect Jason!

I just want to personally thank all the players for there effort and passion that last night made the 100 or so travelling Gulls fans very proud! They could not have given anymore!

As for our travelling Army, we were truly superb and again showed what decent and passionate fans our club has! Totally out sung the home fans all night!

We move on now and look forward to the Trophy game with AFC Sudbury on Saturday

COYY!

Special mention to Jason Hallett who when came on was immense and had the bottle to take a pen, this after hearing the sad news that his Father only has a short time to live. Respect Jason!

Agreed!

Under those circumstances it takes serious bottle to even step onto the pitch and keep focus on the game, let alone step up to take a sudden death penalty!