Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Sudbury

Yellowbelly

Talk about after the lord mayors show! I thought we made hard work of the game and really should have beaten what was not a very good team. The lads must be hurting especially after the fantastic effort on Tuesday. we seemed to be a yard slower, probably down to Tuesday night. We also struggled to create many chances in the second half. This is the 3rd game in a row that we have lead one nil and also uncharacteristally wardy made another mistake, but as I said we should have stiil beaten them. if I am honest I don't think we were going to win the Trophy although finacially a run would have been good, and hopefully after Tuesday at billericay, we can have the players rested and back to the winning way on the 2nd November. Come on you Gulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're cocking up too much at the back. As Yellowbelly says it's uncharacteristc of Wardy, but lets be fair, that's his third one in two weeks. You could forgive the misinterception against Kingstonian, but to give away the penalty at Dartford and today's poor backpass is kind of careless. He has pulled off some fantastic last gasp tackles to make up for it though.

For me, John Easterford needs to start getting into the First XI. He was brilliant in the only game he's started so far this season and I can't believe he was dropped.

As for today's game, everything about the second half was poor from our lack of using the width and playing head tennis to the fact that each 'Keeper only had one save to make. Sudbury weren't fantastic and they would be flattered if anyone called them the better side, but it's another £2200 the Club have missed out on! Like Kingstonian Sudbury did their homework:

- Hit us on the break

- Play down our weaker side

- Shut us out of their penalty area by using plenty of bodies

- Close us down fast and in numbers so we can't play our passing game.

IF some players were knackered after Tuesday's game, then perhaps they should've been rested and the likes of Isa, Easterford and Westy brought into the team, (I know they played for the Reserves on Wednesday but even so, it wasn't 120 mins against a full-strength Conf South team).

We seem to be doing well scoring the early goal, but we need to learn to capitalise on our chances, stop trying to walk the ball in and kill teams off when we have the chance.

I imagine the fringe players will get a run out against Billericay, but as I understand it John intends to put out a full-strength XI against Harlow as it's a pay on the gate fixture.

Edited by Matt H

Believe it was the same Starting XI as against Dartford.

1. Russell

2. Everett

3. Dumas

4. Dobbo

5. Moore ©

6. Ward

7. King

8. Game

9. J. Curran

10. Heale

11. Rhodes

SUBS: West, Hallett, Easterford, Isa, Glowacki

Edited by Matt H

I only got to see the last 30 minutes but as I was walking into the ground I had a feeling that things wasn't quite right due to the lack of any real atmosphere and noise! From what I saw, not only did the players look flat but so did the Yellow Army, after Tuesday night's exploits I had a feeling this was going to happen. On and off the pitch we just didn't perform. Its a shame really as there was a nice couple of grand on offer for the winners!!!

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to do the programme for every home game Ant...away draws for me all day long :D

I don't think the Yellow Army were too bad to be honest given what we were watching, still singing and encouraging in what was a dire second half. It was never going to be as lively as the Dartford matches...

We looked knackered, and aside from the minor cup matches on the next couple of Tuesday's, we have a decent length rest until Aveley on the 30th where we need to start again.

Thought we looked tired and somewhat off the pace. We just didn't build on the good start we made to the game.

Tuesday night at Dartford must have been physically and mentally draining for the players so it's no surprise that we looked a little jaded.

Hopefully we'll have picked ourselves up and be fresh and rested in time for the Aveley game.