Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CIFC vs Wealdstone Predictions

ShedBoy

A tight game with plenty of attacking football and epic banter between the fans.

Curran to score the only goal of the game on 87 minutes and remembering our visit to their place last season, perhaps not all 22 players finishing the game!

Edited by Matt H

Did we have a player sent off against them at our place last season? Think we drew 1-1.

Curran was sent off at their place last season, that's where he squirted the water bottle at their fans and it kicked off at full-time.

Mooro was sent off for two yellows at our place and was one of 7 of our players booked with none for them despite our goal coming from a penalty.

Edited by Matt H

Card happy ref who penalised Canvey players for breathing and let stud showing challenges go unpunished for them!!! Same as all refs really!! Fluff should remember the away game!!!

Good result last night, Wealdstone were very good going forward, but I thought that in defence they were very a bit dodgy. John Easterford was magnificent last night and very brave, this following on from Saturdays game when he was not only my man of the match, but scored. I thought 1-1 was a fair result. Well done lads.

Good result last night, Wealdstone were very good going forward, but I thought that in defence they were very a bit dodgy. John Easterford was magnificent last night and very brave, this following on from Saturdays game when he was not only my man of the match, but scored. I thought 1-1 was a fair result. Well done lads.

A good point in the end from what was a scrappy game. I timed our equaliser at 94mins 10 secs

We were well below our best with a number of players probably having there worst games of the season, but this happens!

Losing Dobbo and Jason Hallett to injury during the game didn't help and i thought we did miss Chris Moore's leadership. I thought Wealdstone game for a point if im honest.

Wealdstone are a decent side and i would expect them to be fighting it out for a play off spot come the end of the season, they can't be a bad side after coming to us on the back of two wins against the league leaders.

We know we can play alot better but the positive must be we showed character to pinch a goal at the end to secure a point.

Agree with Yellow Belly, i thought John Easterford was superb, he certainly seems to be enjoying his football with us.

I timed our equaliser at 94mins 10 secs

You must've been wearing the same brand of watch as the Referee! :smilewinkgrin:

The game was played poorly against a rough crosswind. Neither side could get it down and play and most high balls were caught swirling.

I think losing Dobbo changed the game for us as after this their players were given way too much time on the ball and were allowed to push it out wide to their 9 or 11 who had plenty of pace to get round the back of our defence.

A lapse in concentration allowed them to capitalise and take the lead and they were unlucky again when they hit the underside of the bar.

Easterford was brilliant again and Curran didn't do too bad either. I'm glad Easterford is getting games now as he's looking like a younger version of Mooro all the time, I don't think I've ever seen him miss a header and is always commited when going for a ball as proved last night when he took a pelt in the head.

The equaliser was a long-time coming after Hallett's effort straight at the 'Keeper was the only shot we had in the second half.

Our main concern at the minute is our lack of pace up front. Hallett isn't fit and Heale is a Gregory type rather than a Boylan. That leaves Curran but he keeps getting played out wide when we have naturally wide players on the bench. I think Skidmore has scored 4 goals in the 4 games that he's started during his spell at Redbridge so far, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him make our bench more often than not when he returns.

Edited by Matt H

Make that 5...! He scored again last night as Redbridge beat Leyton 2-0 in the London capital cup....Ben Britnell also played a full 90 mins...;)

Like it, good to see them taking their chance and hopefully they will be making it difficult to be left out when they return :applaus:

I missed the 1st 89 minutes due to other commitments, but probably saw one of the best goals at the Lane, incredible touch to stop Rusty's clearance from going out and then turning at speed the defender inside out and still with plenty to do, hitting an absolute screamer into the net!!!! Awesome and made even more enjoyable by the fact that the Wealdstone fans were shouting to the ref about it being in the 6th minute of stoppage time!!! About time we had the bit of luck go our way, Happy Days!!!!!

Alex Rhodes, take a bow son :woohoo:

When the board went up indicating four minutes of added on time we were already two minutes into that and the Referee added four on from that point. I timed the goal at 96.23, give or take a second.

Looking back and working it all out, (if I've done it right) Our top scorers at the moment in all First XI competitions are:

7 - Heale

7 - King

7 - Rhodes

3 - Hallett

2 - Curran

1 - Easterford

1 - Everett

1 - Isa

1 - Moore

James Rowe was on 4 when he left.

Edited by Matt H

Like I said earlier, I love the fact that we got a goal so late, its about time we had the rub of the green. Too many times over the past few seasons have we had those decisions go against us. In the words of Keegan, I love it, just love it!!!!!! Anyway forget that, how good was that goal, I think it was awesome??

going back to the goal, ive been watching football at this level for 40 years and on this ground for 15, probably the best goal ive seen here and is probably the best goal ive seen at this level, if anyone in world football did what rhodes did last night it would be talked about for a long time, to bring the ball under control from that height, whilst stretching and with the ball coming out of the dark and in a strong wind and then in seconds turned a defender inside out and then curled a great shot pass the goalie left me in shock it took a second to realise we had scored i was just marvelling at the goal, i was stood under the shed against the wall and he controlled it less than 1 foot inside the touchline, brilliant.

as for the game we looked a yard or two slower than them and the draw was probably the right result, they looked like a team that should be near the top better than bury and kingstonian, lets unleash rhodesy on saturday and stuff folkestone

going back to the goal, ive been watching football at this level for 40 years and on this ground for 15, probably the best goal ive seen here and is probably the best goal ive seen at this level, if anyone in world football did what rhodes did last night it would be talked about for a long time, to bring the ball under control from that height, whilst stretching and with the ball coming out of the dark and in a strong wind and then in seconds turned a defender inside out and then curled a great shot pass the goalie left me in shock it took a second to realise we had scored i was just marvelling at the goal, i was stood under the shed against the wall and he controlled it less than 1 foot inside the touchline, brilliant.

as for the game we looked a yard or two slower than them and the draw was probably the right result, they looked like a team that should be near the top better than bury and kingstonian, lets unleash rhodesy on saturday and stuff folkestone

I dont think we are being over the top with this, I agree with everything there, I was by the clubhouse and was amazed the ball stayed in play. Was further amazed at how he controlled and then rinsed the defender and then have the nerve to smash the ball into the net from the angle he was in, incredible goal. Still buzzing from it, can anyone tell me a better goal scored at the Lane?

Hope we have video footage of it, please say we have ukspammer!!!

Edited by The Gaffer from the Rock

I dont think we are being over the top with this, I agree with everything there, I was by the clubhouse and was amazed the ball stayed in play. Was further amazed at how he controlled and then rinsed the defender and then have the nerve to smash the ball into the net from the angle he was in, incredible goal. Still buzzing from it, can anyone tell me a better goal scored at the Lane?

Hope we have video footage of it, please say we have ukspammer!!!

SORRY!!!! As good as I am (Tongue in cheek) I cant do stills and video at the same time - yet!!!

I only got scrappy photos of the goal because i was amazed at his touch to keep it in play and then I committed the cardinal sin of watching not taking photos!!! It all happened so fast!!

I have to agree with all the comments about just HOW good that goal was! World class is no exaggeration! Have only seen one better in all my time of watching ANY standard of Football. Brilliant, simply Brilliant. I feel privileged to have seen it.

As Gaffer said "Take a bow Alex"

Paul