Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

An Objective Point of View

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
After the result against chester, i have been reading a few of the posts on here and so i thought i'd post my own point of view which (hopefully) is a bit more 2-sided than most.

I think the thing that winds me up more than anything about Gravesend is the constant change of squad players. It is not uncommon to have players come in one week and leave the next. Surely, the way to a successful team is a constant and settled team. Although i have my reservations about the quality and strength of the current team to survive in the conference, surely the way to go is to keep a settled squad up to around christmas time and then assess then if changes needs to be made based upon performances and most importantly, league position.

I have a lot of time for Andy Ford. The man who got Gravesend into the conference after years of mediocrity, surely, it is better to be testing ourselves against teams like Shrewsbury, Yeovil, Chester and Exeter than still playing teams such as Croydon, Hendon, Chesham.
The least we can do if give Andy at least until Xmas (if not longer) to continue the progress [color:"red"]THAT HE STARTED [/color] .

We are never going to be able to match the financial clout of the so called 'big boys'. However, what we can do is get players in that want to play, give 101% for Gravesend and Northfleet football club and make Stonebridge Road an imtimidating place to come to that other teams will not really wanna do on a windy Tuesday night.
Whatever, league we find ourselves in, gimme a team of loyal, dedicated players anyday.

Andy - Make this happen!

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
Nice post MattG

We were talking about the constant changes of players last week at the forum in regards to sponsorships. I was asking why anyone would fork out a few hundred quid to sponsor a player that may not be with us in a week. I know that the sponsorship could be transferred to another player, but that's not really the point.

I can't believe how many of our players we have lost over the last few months

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Lets face it, even Ferguson could have been sacked by Man Utd at one stage when they went through a really poor period - and look at them now. Ditto, many other managers during their managerial careers (Graham Taylor for instance)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Fair points chaps...

I know we have got to scout players and give opportunities but there seems to be a lot of player movement from pretty much as far back as i can remember and it just seems to me that this cannot be good for the club as a whole (and especially factors such as team morale)

With regards to Andy, there are other examples of manager loyalty paying dividends. Alan Curbishley springs to mind. He's been there for ages and has proved to be successful.
(They got relegated a few seasons back. However, they regrouped and came back stronger. IF we get relegated, it would not be beyond the realms of possibility for the same to apply to Gravesend)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
However, i am sure we'll come good once we have a fully fit squad to choose from (starting with Scarboro on Saturday)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus