Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Senior Cup Draw

ShedBoy

2 out 3 ain't bad.... :)

It is a good draw, I was hoping for Daggers or Southend so that'll do nicely!

I went to see Dagenham play Orient in the FA Cup on Saturday and to be honest no one seemed particularly interested, probably because they quite rightly think its more important to preserve their league one status. I wouldn't be surprised if Dagenham fielded a youth side for this match.

Romford played only three players that was in the starting line up for our trophy match the previous Saturday, and even though we lost I don't think anyone was too upset, as promotion is seen as far more important for the majority of us this season.

It seems to me that very few people take cup matches seriously these days.

To be honest, the Senior Cup doesn't really hold the same importance for us that it once did either. However, as we're in it, a trip to a Football League club is about as good as you can hope for aside from winning it, whatever side they put out. I fully expect them to put out a weakend side as they did in the last round against Colchester, but that doesn't take away from what should be an enjoyable evening in my opinion.

As for Orient v Dagenham, I think there will be even less people at the replay at £22 a ticket! Scandalous, hang your head in shame Mr Hearn!

To be honest, the Senior Cup doesn't really hold the same importance for us that it once did either. However, as we're in it, a trip to a Football League club is about as good as you can hope for aside from winning it, whatever side they put out. I fully expect them to put out a weakend side as they did in the last round against Colchester, but that doesn't take away from what should be an enjoyable evening in my opinion.

As for Orient v Dagenham, I think there will be even less people at the replay at £22 a ticket! Scandalous, hang your head in shame Mr Hearn!

When Romford played Colchester a few years ago we were made to feel really welcome and it was a great day out. Im not sure if you can expect the same level of hospitality from Dagenham but it should still be very enjoyable.

Good luck to Canvey.

Since the start of the champions league cup games seem to hold little importance. The top premier league teams are all chasing that golden egg so the FA Cup and League cup are now seen as inconveniences. The UEFA cup has been turned into a joke of a competition, what with the 3rd placed team in the champions league group stages being put back into Europe through the back door. I do enjoy the Champions league but did prefer the old format, 2 legs, if you win you go through, simple! I liked the days of the multiple replays in the FA Cup, I remember Liverpool losing that marathon tie to Arsenal in the 1980 semi final. Money talks though and as non league fans we have to decide wether or not to go to the Ryman Cup, Champions manager cup, Essex senior cup, FA Trophy and FA cup as well as the all important league fixtures! I think this is a great draw for Canvey and hope we make the most of it, as TGE says, its as good as we will get this season and only a Southend tie would have been better!

Edited by The Gaffer from the Rock