Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An appeal to everybody

Graham S

Jaysus!!!

I've just spent 45 minutes composing the most eloquent posting of my career ... and my connection drops. Wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't paying a king's ransome for Broadband.

OK, here's a vastly inferior summary.

It doesn't matter (at the moment) whether you believe Andy should go or stay. I have reservations about his man-managemment skills: I have heard Jimmy Jackson's point of view, but broadly speaking I & my friend Lennie Mac have posted on behalf of the "established" supporter & Lennie has even attacked "Johnny Come Latelies." OK, so what?

1. Johnny Come Latelies you may be, but we are eternally grateful for what you have done. As Lennie said, in the bad old days would his posting of "Who do you think you are kidding, Canvey Island?" ever have elicited any response, let alone those rousing renditions we heard in the closing games of our promotion season?

2. We old geezers are knocking you now - but why? You were like a breath of fresh air when we first sang your praises - you made a noise, you sang & you were positive. Why are we so disappointed now, then? Because now you sound just like those old grandads we had to fight against in the long distant days of our own youth. It's like those old fekirs have possessed you, body & soul, chaps.

3. We don't want you to go. We want you to get your mates back - who have gone - & get them behind the team.

4. We respect your point of view re. Andy, though some of us may disagree vehemently, but please DON'T express it at matches. Let's either arrange to meet in a civilised supporters' forum, perhaps at the club house or in a pub, or get properly involved at the next "Ask the manager" session.

5. Whoever runs the team needs the best possible base for moving forward. There's nothing to be gained from orchestrating such a dire situation that the current manager simply has to go.

6. It's our duty to support those players out there on the turf. At the moment, even with no change (yeah, ok, a striker brought in, The Duke, Penno & Trotty back from injury) I can't see us finishing below Farnborough, Forest Green, Margate or Tamworth.

7. I can't believe what some of you are saying about Steve McKimm. I thought he led by example on Saturday - until a knock & exhaustion got the better of him - & Rob Owen has been a relevation for me, this season.

8. In the first half hour against Chester I saw all the makings of a side who could really set the cat amongst the pigeons in the FA Cup this season. Just think what that would do for Club finances - even if we did finish 4th or 5th from bottom in the league. How much better off financially would we be this season, if only we hadn't lost that stupid game to a drummer from Genesis & a visually challenged linesman, last year?

Let's acknowledge our differences - you're entitled to your views just as I'm entitled to mine - & pull together. That doesn't mean I want you to accept everything in the garden is rosy - I'm not so sure it is, but one thing I am sure of: We all love this club.

Let's all stop chucking our teddies out the pram (& at each other) & do something about it.

Graham S

As someone who obviously thinks Ford has had his time, I think I deserve the right to be heard. I do agree with you that it should not be in a manor which will disrupt the players. Therefore I would ask any other GNFC supporters on here who also feel that a management change is needed to voice any opinions on how we should make our views heard in light of this.

As for supporting the team, I know quite a few lads who would are over from Derry for a couple of months who would be more than willing to come along with their flutes in order to create a bit of an atmosphere. Would they be welcome?

Quote:
Sact The Ford! said:
As for supporting the team, I know quite a few lads who would are over from Derry for a couple of months who would be more than willing to come along with their flutes in order to create a bit of an atmosphere. Would they be welcome?

Only if they bring a bodhran as well - you'll never hear a flute with that drum.

Totally agree with the main post. We thoroughly need to be behind Andy and the team at the next home game. A new wave of optimism needs to be started and we will encourage only (not that ive ever done anything else!) We must beat Leigh in couple of weeks time and hopefully pick up something at a tricky away tie at S'Boro. We will be 50% towards beating leigh if we all encourage and get behind the players as the few of us did at F'Boro.

Up the Fleet!!

Thats a strong argument.

However maybe there should be some form of debate away from the Ground regarding the future of GNFC. As before lets not forget that the problems existed last year, where reaching the Conf we were shown up and only a last gasp win at home guaranteed safety (Hatch scored a good goal). We started well in the Conf but were then shown for what we were and it worrries me that we're merely followig on poorly from last season.