Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Kingstonian

Yellowbelly

Well what do we think about saturdays game? I think it will be a hard game and hopefully we can get something out of it. If we play to our potential then we will win. The lads seem to be able to pick up points against top teams and hopefully Saturday will be no different. I am going for a 1-0 score line with Danny scoring. Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will indeed be a tough match, but one that I think we can get something from. As you say, our level of performance does seem to lift against the better teams, which is frustrating when playing the teams nearer the foot of the table but also means we shouldn't fear any side in this division. Maybe this is because the better sides try and get the ball down and therefore allow us to play our football as well, which is when we're at our best.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw, with Jason Hallett coming off of the bench to score our goal.

A draw would do us no harm, but after the last game which we were very unlucky to lose I am hoping for us taking the chances we know we can create and come away with a 3-1 win!

:excited: :excited: :excited: Come On You YELLOWS!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Remembering the home game a few weeks back, Kingstonian let us play our way but shut out their penalty area and hit us on the break. Their two goals came from individual errors, but we didn't convert the few chances we did create.

I'd take a nil-nil to be honest, but I think our Strikers have a point to prove so I'm going for a sneaky 2-1 victory. This will undoubtedly be a tough game as the K's lost their 1st V 2nd midweek game at Sutton and will want to make amends at "home". :grin:

Remembering the home game a few weeks back, Kingstonian let us play our way but shut out their penalty area and hit us on the break. Their two goals came from individual errors, but we didn't convert the few chances we did create.

I'd take a nil-nil to be honest, but I think our Strikers have a point to prove so I'm going for a sneaky 2-1 victory. This will undoubtedly be a tough game as the K's lost their 1st V 2nd midweek game at Sutton and will want to make amends at "home". :grin:

That's sort of the point I was trying to make, but I think we are due a good win away from home against one of the so called bigger teams, I am thinking a performance along the lines of when we went to Ware in our promotion season and came away with a very convincing 3-0 win!

Hi All,

On Saturday Kingstonian are holding a special event to celebrate their 125th Anniversary. The event is a reunion of ex players and managers and some presentations will take place. It is all happening in the Ethered Suite starting at 12 noon and Canvey Players, Officials and Supporters are welcome to join in.

If not you can use the Patrons Bar as usual.

Cheers

2-1 Canvey. Easterford and Rhodes with the goals.

It really gets on my tits when those of us who can't get to away games for whatever reason log on to find out the final result and the home team can't be arsed to name our goalscorer(s) let alone post the Canvey line-up.

How hard is it to copy out the team sheet and/or ask a visiting Club Offical a goalscorer's name if they can't tell who it was themselves?! What a joke!

Edited by Matt H

Outplayed by one of the best teams I have seen this season home or away. They closed us down every time we tried to play a passing game, they hustled and were physical and knocked us of the ball when we got possession. We seemed very light weight at times and a bit behind the pace, also we only seemed to give some physical back when Jason and Dobbo came on and when we did they looked vunerable at the back. This does not take away that they were a very good team.

I thought that they were lucky to keep 11 men on the field with the two footed tackle on Danny Heale in the first half which to be fair the referee couldn't have seen, but the linesman should have (I was standing behind the linesman and had the same view as him) and it was a disgrace that he tried to make excuses about the tackle instead of admiting that he was wrong and should have told the ref, this was one of quite a few mistakes he made. The first goal was a set piece and the second was down to James Russell when he called for the ball and No.9 Robert Traynor managed to get a foot in between him and the defender (sorry can't remember who it was). I think that they will be the team to beat and it will be interesting to see how good Sutton United are.

Lets put this one behind us and get behind the team for the game against Cray who seem to have a bit of form lately.

Come on you Yellows

Think we lost the game in defence and midfield today. The goals we conceded were sloppy and the midfield seemed a bit lightweight and we were knocked off the ball far too easiily at times.

Thought Alex Rhodes worked hard and had a decent game. When we did get the ball down and pass it, we looked good and caused them a few problems.

Didn't really test their keeper until the last 20 minutes though and by then, the game was lost.

It really gets on my tits when those of us who can't get to away games for whatever reason log on to find out the final result and the home team can't be arsed to name our goalscorer(s) let alone post the Canvey line-up.

How hard is it to copy out the team sheet and/or ask a visiting Club Offical a goalscorer's name if they can't tell who it was themselves?! What a joke!

Our live update system at K's (which feeds footballwebpages, twitter and our forum) runs off our website database, hence just our players' names. It wasn't all that long ago that you wouldn't have even got a score update.

from the posts from the people that went to the game it sounds just like our home game with kingstonian, they were big athletic and muscular, something were not, there is a lot of tough games ahead, that lot north of basildon and hornchurch are flying right now,we have only lost once since september, only lost to kingstonian since september but we dont seem to be going anywhere i was thinking this last season have we become the new harrow borough, hard to beat but always mid table

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit that the better team won, and this was certainly the case on Saturday. They're right up there in the table for a reason, and there's no disgrace in coming away from their empty handed. We didn't really offer much ourselves until we were a couple of goals down.

As for haynab66's comment, I think it's odd to say that we've only lost to Kingstonian since September in one instance and then say we're not going anywhere in the next. Everyone needs to be realistic, and for me four wins, three draws, and two defeats in nine matches represents a good return. I accept that we haven't been playing that great of late, but let's not let losing to a side who could well win this division turn everything doom and gloom.

As for Billericay and Hornchurch, they are indeed doing very well at the moment....a little while ago the Hornchurch support was making posts like this, so it just goes to prove how things can change in football - keep the faith!:

http://www.fansfocus...80#entry1668280

http://www.fansfocus...80#entry1668280

Edited by The Great Eckscape

Last season we were saying we were only a few players short of having a Playoff challenging team. John brought in Heale, Easterford, Game, Dumas and Rhodes all quality in their own right and bolstered the Squad with Isa and Ward. We've also brought in youngsters like Skidmore, Britnell and Matthews. For me, this Squad is more than capapble of putting together a challenge for the Playoffs. All we need to find our shooting boots and we can have a reaslistic run of good results. The key this season will be getting wins from home games that last season we would've drawn We've done it ok so far, winning against Bury and Harrow, not so much against Carshalton and Wealdstone.

Looking ahead at the fixtures left in this month; Cray, Bury and Hendon are all in the Top 8. Last season I would've said we'd do well to get 5 points from these games, this season I reckon we could definately get at least 7 and that's the challenge we throw out to the Players. Including the Horsham game as well this month we want to see CIFC on at least 30 points come December 1st.

Edited by Matt H

Glen the point i was trying to make was that we have got a good record at the moment, but both them and hornchurch have w5 d3 L1 records in their last 9 games which is very similar to us but both are right up there whilst we are 8 points behind when i said going nowhere it was in that respect, we dont lose much and we will need an excellent run to get back up there and with the winter months now upon us i hope our usual winter form doesnt appear, since september we have only beaten aveley and folkestone which seems to be a banker 3 points for everyone and rhodsey seems to be our only danger going forward, this is the 4th season since jeff king left and i would like to see the club move forward now and the faith is there has been for 15 years now, not critisising anyone at the club im sure they are all doing there best just a little worried for the rest of the season and i think its the nasty vision of concord being above us in april that is making me nervous.

Glen the point i was trying to make was that we have got a good record at the moment, but both them and hornchurch have w5 d3 L1 records in their last 9 games which is very similar to us but both are right up there whilst we are 8 points behind when i said going nowhere it was in that respect, we dont lose much and we will need an excellent run to get back up there and with the winter months now upon us i hope our usual winter form doesnt appear, since september we have only beaten aveley and folkestone which seems to be a banker 3 points for everyone and rhodsey seems to be our only danger going forward, this is the 4th season since jeff king left and i would like to see the club move forward now and the faith is there has been for 15 years now, not critisising anyone at the club im sure they are all doing there best just a little worried for the rest of the season and i think its the nasty vision of concord being above us in april that is making me nervous.

Football web pages has a indicator on the finishing places as per the records so far !

Very interesting final places !