Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-August 17 )

• Photo
    Historian

• Photo
    I am Spartacus

• Photo
    Ritchie

• Photo
    Monkey8

• Photo
    TowerHamletsAdam

• Photo
    ExCalibur

• Photo
    ExLandlord (HUFC)

Photo

Canvey v Bury

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline Yellowbelly

Yellowbelly
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Canvey Island FC
  • Foes: Spurs, Ricay, Southend, Concord
  • Fav. Player(s): Ashley Dumas, Robbie King
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Tough one tonight. Bury are on a good run of results, sit fourth in the table and won away to Hastings United 2-0 on Saturday, but hopefully we can get something from tonight. The lads played really well on Saturday and fully deserved the 4-2 win lets hope they carry that momentum forward tonight and if they play like they we know they can there is no reason why we can't get something out of the game., it just depends on which Canvey team turns up tonight.!!
We must not give them too much respect and just play football the way we know they can. I will be hoping for a win, but I am going for 2-2 with Rhodes and Easterford getting the goals. Lets hope I am wrong and we get a win.

Come on you yellows!!!!!!!

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract

Tough one tonight. Bury are on a good run of results, sit fourth in the table and won away to Hastings United 2-0 on Saturday, but hopefully we can get something from tonight. The lads played really well on Saturday and fully deserved the 4-2 win lets hope they carry that momentum forward tonight and if they play like they we know they can there is no reason why we can't get something out of the game., it just depends on which Canvey team turns up tonight.!!
We must not give them too much respect and just play football the way we know they can. I will be hoping for a win, but I am going for 2-2 with Rhodes and Easterford getting the goals. Lets hope I am wrong and we get a win.

Come on you yellows!!!!!!!

Tough game but one i feel we can come away with something..

Need to play like we did Saturday and take our chances..

Coach leaves at 4pm from the Brockwell, there are still some limited seats avalible if anyone wants to jump on

offline SimonCIFC

SimonCIFC
  • At the Turnstiles
  • Supports: Canvey Island
Gunna go for a comfortable win tonight, purely because i always gain confidence about tuesday night away games. 2 - 0 to the canvey boys.

I got my place on the coach, just gotta start feeling better than i do at the moment and im there

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Would be happy to come away with a draw from this one. Bury had a bit of a dodgy run of results a few weeks ago but have picked up recently.

Can't make this one unfortunately so have a good trip up there, those who go.

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
3-2 Bury, Scowcroft hat-trick for Bury, Easterford and Heale with Canvey's goals...

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Remember Bury came to us unbeaten after about nine games and from what I remember, the way Bury played was very similar to how Cray played on Saturday.

I'm positive we can do the double over Bury, we just need to carry forward our momentum from the weekend without getting over-confident. Although I do feel Bury will prove to be tougher opponents than Cray.

Bury Town 1 - 2 Canvey Island

Heale and Rhodes with the goals.

offline Diddy's Big Bro

Diddy's Big Bro
  • Reserves
Good Luck Tonight Boys!!!

Rusty need a clean sheet so i'm going to stick my neck out and say 2-0, to the Canvey Boys!!!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
The Vidiprinter reports that we're 1 - 0 down after 22 minutes.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Bury Town 2 - 0 Canvey Island after 35mns.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
H/T: Bury Town 2 - 0 Canvey Island

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Bury Town 2 - 1 Canvey Island, Chris Moore, 89mins.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
90mins Matt Game sent off.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
F/T: Bury Town 2 - 1 Canvey Island

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Just added my report to the site:

http://www.canveyisl...1-canvey-island

They were much better in the first half, and although we improved after the break it wasn't quite enough. They're a decent side and played some good football, shame we couldn't have matched them in the first 45 as we could then have pinched a point.

Our goal was actually by Frank Everett, a very good header from a corner.

offline Yellowbelly

Yellowbelly
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Canvey Island FC
  • Foes: Spurs, Ricay, Southend, Concord
  • Fav. Player(s): Ashley Dumas, Robbie King
Batchy got sent off as well, I think he may have said something to the linesman, who thought we had all come to see him and the ref!. I can understand why. The referee must have been a 'homer'. Everytime the Bury players called for a foul even when it wasn't he gave it. He allowed them on numerous occassions to move the ball forward on free kicks and offside, but pulled us back. He had a terrible game and this upset the players. I think there was 5 yellow cards and Mattys sending off, which seems to suggest it was a dirty game which is was not. Over the whole game Bury were worth the win,but I don't think they needed the referees help!.
In the first 30 minutes they steam rolled us and came at us really fast and deserved to be 2-0 up, in fact it should have been 4-0 if it wasn't for James Russell and the post. James pulled off a tremendous save pushing the ball out full stretched only for the defenders not to clear the ball and the lose ball was put in the net for the second goal. I thought that Mattys first booking was not a foul, but for some unknown reason the referee decided to book him. A couple of the bookings were for soft fouls including the couple of Bury players who were booked. In the second half we played much better with Dobbo coming on for Kingy and Isa for Jason. Isa went out on the left and Rhodes played in the centre with Danny. Bury did seem to run out of steam and although we created very few chances we contained them at the back. An overall poor pertformance, not helped by the ref..

Lets hope we turn it around on Saturday. Come on you yellows!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus