Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Right I have been asked to ask if...

Right I have been asked to ask by a local landlord, if the Fleet have ever considered having a 'Friends of the Fleet' section in their match program.

Sitting around having a chat earlier and the pub landlord suggested a small section in the match program of local businesses or tradesmen who are friends of the fleet. What it would mean is advertising for local supporters of GNFC, who in turn would advertise the club and also agree to give a small donation or percentage of any extra work aquired to the club?

Some examples would be a local pub advertising extensively advertising GNFC, whilst in return the pup would be an offical 'friend of the fleet pub.

Anyone reckons this is a good idea? Or are the legal reason's which would put a stop to something like this ever happening?

I'm guessing what your trying to say is that if you needed some kind of services you would initially have a look for a 'friend of the fleet' plumber or mechanic. Then part of the extra business they would get through the free advertising, they would agree to do the work whilst giving a small percentage to the club?

Sounds like an excellent idea to me, I know I would rather keep the business amongst people who were fleet supporters even more so if the club made a few quid out of it. Only thing is that we are talking about GNFC here mate, not exactly the greatest for entrepreneurs if you know what I mean. Their business plan goes something more along the lines of keeping their fingers crossed, 'hoping enough people turn up and buy a beer' and just praying!