Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The train tonight

.Ian

Hi,<p>Just to remind everyone about the naming of the train at Park Lane tonight.<p>It all kicks off at 7.30pm and there will be a buffet in the club house afterwards.<p>We expect the train to arrive on the Island at about 2pm. It will be travelling via the signed route - they have told me that even at 80 feet long, they will have no problem getting round the corner by the Murco Garage.<p>We will be joined by the Mayor of Castle Point, Liz Brett and our MP Bob Spink, as well as around 40 guests from London Underground.<p>The players will also be present.<p>Everyone is welcome to attend, and the first drink is on me wink.gif" border="0 <p>I have put some more photographs of the train onto the main website www.canveyfc.com.<p>On behalf of the supporters club, I look foward to seeing you all tonight.

I have just read Ian's comments on the CanveyFC.Com news page click here and I have to say that I agree with and support every word he says.<p>I was part of the 'assault' that we led on BBC Essex a couple of seasons ago and have to say that since we spoke to Margaret Hyde (BBC Essex Editor) and Steve Houghton (Sports editor at that time) things improved 100%. Their coverage of Canvey FC is now first class; thank you BBC Essex. Also, we know the terrific coverage Dick Marshall gives us in his various Evening Echo columns.<p>What a pity that so many other areas of the national media choose to perpetuate the Essex Man and Essex Girl stereotype - including MOTD images of the Kent dockyards and the Corringham refineries.<p>It's not the prettiest place on Earth and the football team aren't exactly Manchester United, but surely the achievments of ordinary people from this part of SE Essex deserve to be reported in a much fairer way.<p>Merv CIFC

bbc essex i think do a great coverage on saturdays.. normally dominated by sarfend col u. and the daggers but thats fair enough.. riccay, heybridge, the iron, grays and ourselves always get a look in and with big games regular updates... cant fault them at all...

never listened to breeze ill give em a try