Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-October 17 )

• Photo
    Simon BTFC

• Photo
    Dave Fatboy

• Photo
    harkwar

• Photo
    LMB

Photo

Ambition

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves
  • Supports: CANVEY ISLAND FC AND LEYTON ORIENT
  • Foes: THE ONES NORTH OF BASILDON
  • Fav. Player(s): jay curran and peter kitchen
On the concord forum someone posted this 'In non league circles it is widely accepted that concord are a bigger more ambitious club than canvey island' i would just like to hear peoples views on this, especially people within the club.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
I did,I suppose I can claim that as a bite

offline missunderstood

missunderstood
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Romford FC

On the concord forum someone posted this 'In non league circles it is widely accepted that concord are a bigger more ambitious club than canvey island' i would just like to hear peoples views on this, especially people within the club.

Speaking as a 100% neutral in this argument, I would think that most sane and independent minded people would concur that Canvey Island FC are by far the better and bigger club as they have the superior history, greater recent achievements and the most supporters.

Concord are seen by many as a small club that play in a less than fragrant stadium next to a sewer works, and allegedly have a team top heavy with diving screaming drama queens.

Edited by missunderstood, 1 December 2010 - 05:59 PM.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
You would say that fennster,you hate concord lol

offline missunderstood

missunderstood
  • First XI - Permanent

You would say that fennster,you hate concord lol

Rubbish, since I reinvented myself I love everyone, even Hornchurch.

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !

Speaking as a 100% neutral in this argument, I would think that most sane and independent minded people would concur that Canvey Island FC are by far the better and bigger club as they have the superior history, greater recent achievements and the most supporters.

Concord are seen by many as a small club that play in a less than fragrant stadium next to a sewer works, and allegedly have a team top heavy with diving screaming drama queens.

And what league are your team in Mr Stood ?

offline Beachboys

Beachboys

66 From a Concord perspective it is quite obvious that CIFC is at this time is "the bigger club" but the facts are that Concord
are better equipped to become the bigger club.

The sole one thing CIFC have is bigger support, and this is the area we will be working hard on in the coming years.

Its all healthy competition whatever the outcome !

offline missunderstood

missunderstood
  • First XI - Permanent

66 From a Concord perspective it is quite obvious that CIFC is at this time is "the bigger club" but the facts are that Concord

The sole one thing CIFC have is bigger support, and this is the area we will be working hard on in the coming years.

I would think most neutrals would wish Canvey Island FC well in this healthy competition.

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
Especially if there from Rumford !

offline BUFC

BUFC
  • First XI - Permanent

I would think most neutrals would wish Canvey Island FC well in this healthy competition.

Not this neutral..............all the best to Concord and continued success.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
Yes,all the best to Hornchurch second team

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
C*CK X

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
See you Tuesday darling

offline Beachboys

Beachboys

See you Tuesday darling

Probably the 21st now sweetie x

offline onebreast

onebreast
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • Foes: DIrty Yid Scum
  • Fav. Player(s): Magic Merse & Rocky Rocastle
  • Fav. Sport(s): Monkey Tennis
Canvey are bigger at present , after this season though Concord will be seen as the number 1 side in Canvey and will be for years to come.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
It would be naive to ignore the progress that Concord are making, and on the pitch there isn't much between the two sides this season. In regards to ambition, this level of football is all new to Concord, and I'm sure they're loving life in the Ryman Prem. For me, I'm happy just to have a club these days after Kingy left, and progress for us doesn't revolve around promotion at this moment in time. Every year we are improving, both as a club and as a team, and I'm quite happy to see that as this will help to secure our long term future. Concord are throwing money at it as are many teams in this division, and with less than a month until we meet, I'm sure this rivalry will have a few twists and turns along the way!

offline Beachboys

Beachboys

It would be naive to ignore the progress that Concord are making, and on the pitch there isn't much between the two sides this season. In regards to ambition, this level of football is all new to Concord, and I'm sure they're loving life in the Ryman Prem. For me, I'm happy just to have a club these days after Kingy left, and progress for us doesn't revolve around promotion at this moment in time. Every year we are improving, both as a club and as a team, and I'm quite happy to see that as this will help to secure our long term future. Concord are throwing money at it as are many teams in this division, and with less than a month until we meet, I'm sure this rivalry will have a few twists and turns along the way!

Throwing money at it !

If only you knew the truth !

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I knew you'd have a munch on that one!!

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley

TGE, as you know I used to watch Canvey now and then back in the Ryman Prem through Conference days; and after Kingy walked away it did look pretty dire for the club, and like all supporters you are happy to just have a club to support; but...

After getting promoted from Div 1 North, CIFC haven't as yet made any real attempt to go further. You have strengthened this year in terms of playing staf, and will always have good support, but no-one really wants to stick their neck out and say ''We want to go further, we want to be a Conf South side and progress'', most of the noise is about how much money we're chucking about, and that we've got no fans and you'll bounce us on the 27th.

No secret we want to turn you guys over on the 27th, but it's not just about that. One win against a supposedly bigger rival isnt the be-all and end all of our season.
We've had 2 promotions in 3 years, cup wins as well, we actually want to go somewhere and test ourselves. Why not play-offs? The management structure has improved massively at Concord over the past 3/4 years, the ground, the pitch, the facilities, we have a chartered physio working alongside the mangement team (one of very few clubs at this level who have one), and you ask anyone from the top down, they want to see the club go further.

What do the fans/players/management at CIFC want in the next few seasons? No one has really said...?

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
I think they are actually happy to be " The 2nd team on Canvey" !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus